Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System Administrator Job Offer - $1,700/m - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

System Administrator Job Offer - $1,700/m

123457»

Comments

• EvolutionHost said: You would be working 40 hours per week from home however some flexibility as to the day and time of your shifts is available.

Not everyone is homed at Highest paying areas of the world. So it is a good amt. to some.

• EvolutionHostEvolutionHost Member, Host Rep

I will address those who have been PM'ing and asking in the conversation here as there is too many PM's to reply to.

1. Yes, the position(s) are still available.
    2. Yes, we have seen your C.V. Our team is checking each and every one.
    3. You will be contacted via the E-mail address you supplied if we see you as a good fit for the position.
  • @EvolutionHost said:
    I will address those who have been PM'ing and asking in the conversation here as there is too many PM's to reply to.

You're welcome.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ricardo said:
    @Maounique

What's your opinion on the free market and supply and demand of employees in the global workplace :)

Can't have an existential conversation here without your input.

Wonder if OP is crying into his keyboard or someone has sent a CV in from here.

I recently had a death in my family and I have to run after papers and all, but:
    1. I am for globalization. It can be done without destroying workers living, just some products will be made more in some countries others in other countries and some advanced countries will live from services. If we race to the bottom to "compete" (i.e. since in china wage is 200 Eur and people work 12 hours, lets make it the same in US) it wont work, china will still be more competitive, and we will simply need less workers and pay them less so the profits will grow in the short term as people still have some savings or houses to sell/mortgage. Then nobody will have enough money to buy our products, and cheap copies from china will continue to flood the market, people will simply not afford it. So in the end everyone will lose, including people which lower wages and increase retirement age, working hours and "flexibilize" the labour market.
    2. I work from home exporting services from Romania to Italy. I have my own company and do also some other work besides that. It can be done, if you have an honest partner, if not, no law or trade war will help.
    3. I work slow and take much lower pay, I like it that way, I dont need this job to survive, I dont need any of my other activities to survive, each person can decide for themselves what they want to do as a job.
    4. The global market, especially in IT and related, has a huge potential. It should work to bring people together, when brexit happened, half of the world was left reconsidering, even though uk is such a small country and leaving EU would only affect it marginally, and not much anyone else.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Maounique,

The UK is hardly a small country, neither by population nor Economy. The effect to the EU will be more than marginal if there is no free trade/movement and the EU budget will be cut considerably. The impacts may be quite significant.

• Maounique said: The global market, especially in IT and related, has a huge potential. It should work to bring people together

Indeed. My colleague has spent time in Dubrovnik and it seems like the wage and skills there mean we'd like to hire people for jobs that otherwise wouldn't exist for a UK individual.

• @Maounique said:
    4. The global market, especially in IT and related, has a huge potential. It should work to bring people together

Or it has potential to allow you to dump your local, dedicated staff as soon as feasible.

Honestly - IT is great for the developing world because it allows them to sell to the West directly and bypass their local crappy government. But can a Westerner enter their markets fairly and start a business? Nah - regulations, regulations, regulations!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • What's the beef, $1700 for shittin around at home waiting for something to do. That's good money. Now if your not real lazy, git you 3 a them and you be like 3 x 1700 for a whopping $5100 month. Are you tough and smart enough to do it.

Unfortunately there are those who think highly of their skill level and demand hundreds a thousand of easy money dollars. In that case, go work for a fortune 500 company and either go salary and work all kinds a hours as your boss will demand or punch in and out with someone lookin over your shoulder all the time.

edited August 2016

@randvegeta said:
    @Maounique,

The UK is hardly a small country, neither by population nor Economy. The effect to the EU will be more than marginal if there is no free trade/movement and the EU budget will be cut considerably. The impacts may be quite significant.

The EU budget will not be cut significantly, regardless of what the propaganda said, the UK net contribution was not big, some 50 Eur per person while romania receives a net of some 20 per person overall and greece 500 per person. Luxembourg gives some 300 per person, though, a year so they should want to get out way ahead UK, if we consider this factor. 150 bn eu budget, 3.5 bn from UK netto, around 5% considering multiple factors. Whether 5% is significant and will cripple EU is debatable, personally i dont think so, UK held major concessions and received significant amounts, so, not such a big deal for eu, albeit the negotiations to leave will probably give them more concessions which the propaganda will present again as major hurdles towards their freedom.
    As for not being a small country in terms of population and economy, yeah, it depends on perspective, it is huge compared to bulgaria, malta and greece, but small(ish) compared to turkey or mexico. As for the economy, well, UK is still the 5th largest economy, it is big by that standard, agreed.

jiggawattz said: Or it has potential to allow you to dump your local, dedicated staff as soon as feasible.

Well, if the local business owners seem to think that way, it is their right, however, that comes at a big cost they may not understand. Many people do not understand the costs of outsourcing, whoever does the simple math, i replace 100k wage with 25k=profit, will lose. who will do the extensive research needed for this, will win, though, because there are cases when this can be done at a profit.
    In general, a business which tries to cut costs by lowering wages suffers, i have been part of two such companies, thigs were working well until people started to leave because the wages lagged behind and "there are 10 waiting to get hired at the door, for less than half". After that everything went downhill. the last one used the crisis as an excuse.
    You do not kick the people you depend on because of 10% or even 100% they make more than the market average, if you want to pay the average wage or below that, you will get average people or below that, most of the time. This means one thing, failure.

• @rm_ said:

Neoon said: In North Korea maybe.

lmnotran said: university pays the food-service/dining student

TheOnlyDK said: I'll make more at a local McDonald's.

Let me introduce you to:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_average_wage

and stop being such spoiled 1st world brats, tnx.

That is NET income, after taxes etc. in EUROS not dollars, so about double what he is offering for AVERAGE workers, not skilled white collar workers. Maybe you should check the avg wage here in Australia while ur at it.

Is this Job at McServers, KFComputing or Taco MaBell?

Oh and part of the reason us 'spoilt first worlders' comment on this cheapskating is that it is the sort of thing lowering living standards GLOBALLY through outsourcing, An=d because it would be utterly impossible to live on here - an Australian age/disability pension is higher.

• @rm_ said:

impossiblystupid said: Nobody's acting spoiled, just realistic. I can't help that I was born in a location where $1.7k won't buy you much

Still you could do better than stink how 1700 USD is junk money for you, while some chap in Ukraine has to work his ass off for 139/month.

The burden is on @EvolutionHost to be more specific in the type of worker they're looking to get for that kind of money.

I don't think they care where you live, as long as you have the skills required and the pay is satisfactory to you. And as we established, there are tons of countries around the world where this is basically a dream salary. As such, all that stinking about how junk cheap the offer is, seems entirely unnecessary.

But I get it, you don't often get a chance to brag how rich you are, especially while being a regular on... LET. O_o

So whatr you are saying is that evolutionHost are using their network presence to exploit workers in 2nd world countries and avoid paying local wages? Just like all the others who pay crap wages overseas to workers

• HxxxHxxx Member

That's normal. Why do you think major companies manufacture their device in China :) ?

"The company signs all its products, "Designed by Apple in California," but in the U.S., design is as far as Apple is willing to go. The tech giant outsources hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs to countries like Mongolia, China, Korea and Taiwan."

@mycosys said:

@rm_ said:

impossiblystupid said: Nobody's acting spoiled, just realistic. I can't help that I was born in a location where $1.7k won't buy you much

Still you could do better than stink how 1700 USD is junk money for you, while some chap in Ukraine has to work his ass off for 139/month.

The burden is on @EvolutionHost to be more specific in the type of worker they're looking to get for that kind of money.

I don't think they care where you live, as long as you have the skills required and the pay is satisfactory to you. And as we established, there are tons of countries around the world where this is basically a dream salary. As such, all that stinking about how junk cheap the offer is, seems entirely unnecessary.

But I get it, you don't often get a chance to brag how rich you are, especially while being a regular on... LET. O_o

So whatr you are saying is that evolutionHost are using their network presence to exploit workers in 2nd world countries and avoid paying local wages? Just like all the others who pay crap wages overseas to workers

• looking for part time job too, i have enough experience to write automation bash script.

mycosys said: AVERAGE workers

System administrator is not a run of the mill average worker. Maybe not highly trained and specialized, still not something that grows in trees.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Maounique said: The EU budget will not be cut significantly, regardless of what the propaganda said, the UK net contribution was not big, some 50 Eur per person while romania receives a net of some 20 per person overall and greece 500 per person. Luxembourg gives some 300 per person, though, a year so they should want to get out way ahead UK, if we consider this factor. 150 bn eu budget, 3.5 bn from UK netto, around 5% considering multiple factors. Whether 5% is significant and will cripple EU is debatable, personally i dont think so, UK held major concessions and received significant amounts, so, not such a big deal for eu, albeit the negotiations to leave will probably give them more concessions which the propaganda will present again as major hurdles towards their freedom.

As for not being a small country in terms of population and economy, yeah, it depends on perspective, it is huge compared to bulgaria, malta and greece, but small(ish) compared to turkey or mexico. As for the economy, well, UK is still the 5th largest economy, it is big by that standard, agreed.

Weather you consider 5%, 10% or whatever the actual % rate is to be marginal or not is very subjective. Everyone is talking about how the UK is going to suffer but there have yet to be any forecasts of actual recession and 0% growth is considered a very serious problem. A 5% reduction in the GDP would be seemingly catastrophic. So a 5% reduction in the EU budget may not sound like much but who knows how this 5% will be absorbed?

I never said that brexit would criple the EU or the EU budget anyway. Only that there would be a cut in the budget and it would likely be felt by member states and not be 'insignificant' as you put it earlier.

Also, I think your figures are a bit off. The UK's net contribution (in 2015) to the EU was around 9B GBP, or around 12B EUR, making each person's NET contribution 200 EUR, not 50. And in 2014, the total EU budget was around 140B EUR making the UK's net contribution worth around 8%.

Also, even though Luxembourg may have a higher contribution per person, they are a net receiver of EU funds owing to the fact there are many EU institutions operating there. And they have stupidly high salaries so of course they should be paying more per person.

edited August 2016

randvegeta said: A 5% reduction in the GDP would be seemingly catastrophic. So a 5% reduction in the EU budget may not sound like much but who knows how this 5% will be absorbed?

The differences between the two are so huge i cannot even begin to explain. Let's just say that about 5% drop in GDP is what happened in 2007-2008 (and more accumulated for 2-3 years), while the EU budget was 5% lower in 2014, for example and nobody died. A bit of belt tightening in agricultural payments wont hurt, I would say it should even help, Russian sanctions forced more payments to farmers in 2015-2016.
    Regarding the actual UK drop in GDP, that remains to be seen, it will probably not be 5% a year, but it will most certainly go to an accumulated 5% in both drops and lost growth over the next 2-3 years, but it depends a lot on what deal UK gets at negotiations. A total cutoff and GATT replacing the current arrangements will be truly catastrophic and is in nobody's interest, so, some compromise will be reached, therefore I do not really expect much more drop than 5% in 3 years, but it will be hard to swallow, 2007-2008 all over again.