Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Anyone else having VyprNetworks issues? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Anyone else having VyprNetworks issues?

Comments

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@GCat said:
    So what did we learn today? Just like IgniteServers, if it's too good to be true it'll go up in flames.

I though after IgniteServers people would be smarter, clearly not.

I think the issue here is that people want the cheapest deals. Well unfortunately cheap comes with risks so people need to start understanding that. I prefer spending $5 more and having my mind relaxed rather than spend $5 less and have to deal with all these deadpooling.

• @GCat said:

In an ideal world may be, but not in this one.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@Junkless said:

@GCat said:

In an ideal world may be, but not in this one.

If you look at the list of usernames of anyone complaining about how vypernetworks scammed them, not a single name there surprises me...

Thanked by 3GCat Junkless lazyt
  • DapKilnDapKiln Member
    edited May 2016

You guys have the wrong guy posted on here with all that personal information sorry to say but I went to the data center once and visited with the guy and my servers and what looks nothing like the guy who owned Vyprnetworks isn't it illegal to post personal information without ones permission?? I mean I lost over 9k from Vyprnetworks but that's not the guy I lost it to the guys actually white and his name was Michael Riley and the technician Joshua that was there also did not look like that so somewhere in this thread information is severely wrong.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@DapKiln said:
    isn't it illegal to post personal information without ones permission??

In the US, sex offender databases are public, at least in some states. I usually don't like US culture in dealing with crime, but about sex offenders... seems like it can be useful to protect future victims.

About the other allegations, I don't really know, sorry.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DapKiln said:
    You guys have the wrong guy posted on here with all that personal information sorry to say but I went to the data center once and visited with the guy and my servers and what looks nothing like the guy who owned Vyprnetworks isn't it illegal to post personal information without ones permission?? I mean I lost over 9k from Vyprnetworks but that's not the guy I lost it to the guys actually white and his name was Michael Riley and the technician Joshua that was there also did not look like that so somewhere in this thread information is severely wrong.

It's not illegal to post public information. What you're saying is definitely an interesting puzzle piece. Take a look at @Ishaq's post with a picture in this thread. That person was definitely of significantly dark skin color, which goes against your description but would fit the description of the person mentioned above.

So I guess a good question is...what was the date that you met this person?

Thanked by 1GCat
  • DapKilnDapKiln Member

@jarland said:

@DapKiln said:

It's not illegal to post public information. What you're saying is definitely an interesting puzzle piece. Take a look at @Ishaq's post with a picture in this thread. That person was definitely of significantly dark skin color, which goes against your description but would fit the description of the person mentioned above.

So I guess a good question is...what was the date that you met this person?

It was around a month and a half ago I was in Texas and was invited to come see where my servers were being houses. I went and met Michael, Joshua and a women named Jazmin that worked for them but none fit that description it's just really sad the way people seem so nice and steal all your shit I mean I literally spend my last bit of money on trying to start a vps company and they stole it all from me.

Thanked by 2jar BharatB
  • He is scammer,well maybe thats it or people are finding the wrong guy on investigations

https://theadminzone.com/threads/beware-of-jlphost-joshua-jones-joshua-prout-it-network-scammer.136253/

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@DapKiln said:

Thats really sad :( how much did you spend ?

edited May 2016

@DapKiln said:
    It was around a month and a half ago I was in Texas and was invited to come see where my servers were being houses. I went and met Michael, Joshua and a women named Jazmin that worked for them but none fit that description it's just really sad the way people seem so nice and steal all your shit I mean I literally spend my last bit of money on trying to start a vps company and they stole it all from me.

Thanks. It sounds like we're either on the wrong path here or we're missing a lot of information, emphasis on the second. We could be dealing with a group of scammers here rather than the usual single person, or we could be running with one detail and assuming too much significance from it.

I think further investigation to tie Vypr to the person mentioned in this thread may be beneficial, to take it from possible overlap of a generic name to probable conclusion. Any help with that from anyone here is appreciated.

I'm trying to be logical and review the evidence in front of me so that I'm best prepared to deal with this individual as well as identify them in their next venture. I'm trying not to let emotion drive my action, which would be all too easy when we're discussing the possibility or probability of this person being a pedophile.

Keep in mind I have no relationship with this host and nothing to gain from supporting them, just trying to do right by you guys here. I may not always do right by you guys but that's my goal here. I can't shake the feeling that this is related to IgniteServers as well and that I've somehow been lazy and missed details that could've helped link scams together.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • DapKilnDapKiln Member

@BharatB said:

@DapKiln said:

Spent a total of 9k on the servers And about another 3k on supplies from eBay and other vendors all shipped to that data center to them.

• @DapKiln said:

If possible,give a visit again if you can find any information.

edited May 2016

@DapKiln said:
    Spent a total of 9k on the servers And about another 3k on supplies from eBay and other vendors all shipped to that data center to them.

Son, you spent way too much money to get started on a VPS company. A problem here is that you're 16 and not a legal adult, this presents concerns for customers who are anything beyond hobbyists who don't care about their data.

You over estimated the rate of your initial growth. It took me 2 years to reach the kind of revenue you'll need here and I'm an adult with a reputation that I could build my service on (MXroute, not Catalyst).

If you're dead set on starting a VPS business, PM me with your business plan and let's talk. I don't like the idea of kids starting businesses, but I HATE the idea of scammers taking advantage of my LET members.

• vetvettervetvetter Member
    edited May 2016

Just curious if anyone else noticed their "corp" offices were in Seattle WA but the "owner" was meeting people in Dallas to show them around....?

Selling $10/mo colo isn't going to buy you a corp jet...

Thanked by 2jar lazyt
  • @DapKiln said:

@BharatB said:

@DapKiln said:

You wrote 7k earlier? Or 380 a month in your earlier posts. Also I guess you didn't see the verification photo.

• lazytlazyt Member

The Seattle Dallas bit was always a red flag to me.

• DapKilnDapKiln Member

@ManofServer said:

@DapKiln said:

@BharatB said:

@DapKiln said:

You wrote 7k earlier? Or 380 a month in your earlier posts. Also I guess you didn't see the verification photo.

It's averages not specifics, I had a full cabinet with them for $380 a month which is now also gone.

Thanked by 1ManofServer

Sorry, I was just waken up and my memory lately isn't being what used to be:

I can actually confirm that the Joshua who wanted to scam me was either the registered child molester or someone very closely related to him.

Not that it matters much, other than knowing the kind of psychopath scum we are dealing with.

Good luck with your recovery @DapKiln.

Thanked by 1Foul
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran

@support123 said:

@DapKiln said:

If possible,give a visit again if you can find any information.

+1 on this. Maybe @DapKiln could go? I mean you lost 9k, if I was you I would have already been at the DC with all my evidence that I lost 9k and with my lawyer to try and get additional information from the DC.

9k is not the regular money that regular LET users loose when their to-good-to-be-true provider deadpools.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Where are you guys seeing the relevance between this Joshua Jones guy and this child predator named Joshua Leonard Prout?

I'm seeing nothing linking the two. @support123 & @Nyr?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2016

Did someone tell you already today that he loves you, Ishaq? If not: I do. In a VERY male way.

Thanked by 2kkrajk GCat
  • MridulMridul Member
    edited May 2016

My goodness, somehow we already know this was coming..
    His prices were insanely cheap, it was a colo specific GVH 2.0

@Ishaq said:
    Where are you guys seeing the relevance between this Joshua Jones guy and this child predator named Joshua Leonard Prout?

The "Joshua Jones" who wanted to scam me was facially identical to the predator, he had photos on social networks, etc... "Jones" could've been an alias, no idea.

He also had issues which he posted about publicly, probably was mentally ill, although this is only circumstancial. He was extensively doxed by some members of this forum and the relation was proved beyond doubt.

With this I'm only referring to the Jlphost scammer, I am not up to speed with this new scam and if they are really related.

Thanked by 2Ishaq Amitz
    edited May 2016

I'm still trying to sort through information given here to understand everything. One thing is bothering me the most, and that is that @DapKiln visited the datacenter and met with several people, none of which match the description of the person who sent us the photo from Vypr.

Now, because of that detail, I have to briefly call @DapKiln's story into question to be objective. I want to trust him, but I should not be so quick to do so that I enter his experience into the list of facts right away without some vetting.

So what confuses me here is that @DapKiln is a 16 year old university student in the US, visiting a Texas datacenter, while being from Florida (IP). That's quite a trip, and University in US means college so that's quite an accomplishment at 16 to be in college and have time to start a company, and travel. It feels off to me. See these quotes:

DapKiln said: I'm only 16 and my parents are going to kill me if they find out I lost all the money I've been working for the past year

+

DapKiln said: I've been saving up all the money my parents have been sending me while in University

Can you clear up any of this for me @DapKiln? I'm trying to determine the legitimacy of you so that I can determine the value of your experience when weighing all of the facts presented to me.

Thanked by 2ManofServer emre22
  • RizRiz Member

@Ishaq said:

I pulled Joshua Jones from an email signature when I was contacting sales.

• RizRiz Member

@PhotonVPS What can you confirm about the rack at your DC? Is there still hardware racked up?

• Wow, just wow.

Life lesson:
    When starting out in any venture without prior experience, start out small and allow things to develop organically.

Thanked by 1jar
  • dailydaily Member

I'm calling our victim's story into serious questioning considering the quotes posted by @jarland. Extremely unlikely story at this point. He's either lying about his age, or lying about his trip there and the amount of money he spent.

Thanked by 3jar ManofServer GCat
This discussion has been closed.