Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Anyone else having VyprNetworks issues? - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Anyone else having VyprNetworks issues?

14567810»

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

AnthonySmith said: investigator

Maybe get Brian Krebs on it or something. Seems like his kind of story.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@qps said:
    Stripe likely listed him on the TMF/Match list from his VyprNetworks scam. He's likely also banned at PayPal from VyprNetworks too. That says to me that he's some how convincing people to give him money without being able to accept credit cards or PayPal... or he is using someone else's identity to open merchant accounts/PayPal accounts. If that's the case and he doesn't have their permission, that's way easier to prove and could get him locked up by itself, setting aside any of the other theft/illegal activities.

The most recent one he seemed to be completely up front and using his own name for everything public facing, which is interesting. In at least one previous case he'd convinced an actual friend to front the entire thing for him, and that friend was both involved and willing. That was also interesting.

If he isn't using identities fraudulently then he will surely run out of capital to continue without doing so. That is, unless he approaches strangers on the internet and befriends them for the same. At this point anyone he gets to go to bat for him either doesn't want to do research first or is simply not intelligent enough to do so.

I'd bet short term the only way to get him is to prove that he owes you money and file small claims, or to prove criminal intent and submit a claim to law enforcement (who may or may not decide to act on it). As he continues, identity theft may well become a valid angle (if it isn't already), and probably stronger than either of the other two.

• jarland said: That is not going to be an easy case when the person's information has been spread due to repeat fraudulent operations

There is no case, the sexual offender registry is state run and public, so the usual defense of "need to acquire information illegally" (eg. by hacking something or stealing mail, whatever) is not going to fly for sure. I'd just shut up and time tells if any state/city would actually bring that to court.... anything else sounds like a waste of money on a lawyer.

jarland said: In the US you have no right to privacy of your name, address, phone number, adult criminal history, marital status, etc.

Not entirely, there are exemptions - mostly based on national security relevance (surprise surprise....) where even FL police reports are blacked out (which else seems to just release about everything on their neat website (sing: "FLORIDAMAN, FLORIDAMAN... got to do what he got to do, likely involving meth or coke...") but yea, US is "way behind" (or "way upfront", depending on view) to EU in this things.

jarland said: you are not in any way placing yourself in danger of any legal issues in the United States or the state of Texas.

Like when someone shipped Krebs heroin, fun to explain to the cops but no issue ultimately.... the same law applies in most of EU anyway, just a pure annoyance in the end.

Might get you SWATed though, which is damn fucking annoying and costly...

qps said: Maybe get Brian Krebs on it or something. Seems like his kind of story.

Not really, value too low.

AnthonySmith said: Ok, a legal adult then

In the US that is the last thing that matters in most states, you should look up what you can get at <12 even.... just depends on the crime.

jarland said: and submit a claim to law enforcement (who may or may not decide to act on it).

Your LE seems to suck, majorly, isn't the guy on probation? If i start in probation here to scam people i end up in jail in a week, at most, near regardless of amount...

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland said:
    It is 100% not illegal to share a person's contact information in the US where Prout resides. What someone does with it might be illegal, but the sharing is not. If you have plausible deniability in relation to how someone intends to use the information, you are not in any way placing yourself in danger of any legal issues in the United States or the state of Texas.

@jarland

Thanks - had no clue about this. I do find it quite disturbing that your personal information is not protected (in Canada, you're protected to the extent where your personal information is used as a threat, so yeah, not that great either, but eh...)

edited June 2017

FlamesRunner said: I do find it quite disturbing that your personal information is not protected

I think it's just a different culture that a lot of people may not fully understand, just not being a part of it their whole lives. The way I see it, personal information is what I do in my house, but not that the house is mine. I have to register with the country, state, and federal government. I give my name, address, and phone number to basically anyone I do business with.

Some people view Google Maps as violating their personal space by driving down the road, but being visible from public owned property is ultimately a choice one makes to be part of society, and I don't think it's private information to know who you are and where you reside. Though, I still can't find out that info easily unless you make it easy for me to. I also require motivation, something that answers "Why would I want to find out where you live?" When I can find that about so incredibly many people, it becomes valid to ask why I would single you out.

I mean, I already have to know who you are and have at least enough information to track down where you reside anyway or the fact that the information exists is of no real use to me. You have to put yourself on my radar, at which point I think you've traded some expectations of privacy. I don't feel like you should be able to introduce yourself by your name, scam people out of money, and then have the state protect your home address and phone number on your behalf (especially when half of the public information out there comes from your own doing, like WHOIS records, social media, etc). Privacy in the US is had by not provoking people while publishing all of your information all over the internet.

Where you are at this moment in time, like where you're standing... that's personal. Just not where you register yourself to reside and what you post about it publicly for people to find. For that, I am glad that the state does not spend my money to protect people. I definitely don't want to pay to cover up someone else's negligence.

Just my 2c anyway ;)

Thanked by 2MikePT FlamesRunner
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

FlamesRunner said: Thanks - had no clue about this. I do find it quite disturbing that your personal information is not protected

Why?

I think people are losing sight of the fact that nearly everything we're talking about is already public info.

jarland said: In the US you have no right to privacy of your name, address, phone number, adult criminal history, marital status, etc.

All of this, with the possible exception of phone number, is published, public info. Much of it is published by the government already.

• Bought a house? All real estate transactions are public.

• Adult criminal history - court records, unless specifically sealed, are public.

• Marital status - it's a government act, so it's public.

Many more...e.g, various licenses (are you really a doctor, do you have a contractor's license, etc.), some government interactions (filing to run for office), etc.

I guess it's going to really blow people's minds that at one point, a private company delivered a thick book to everyone's house listing the name, address, and phone number of every person in your town. We called them phone books.

jarland said: Now someone can potentially win a civil suit against you for releasing their information if they can provide evidence that it has caused them significant harm.

I'm skeptical of this, but am not an attorney. I agree that publishing private info exposes you to liability but I'm not sure that repackaging government or otherwise already public info (e.g., domain registration) is risky. Aren't there websites where you can type in someone's name and pull up tons of public info on them?

builderbits said: Just create a word document give a short description of your experience, date when it happened, sign it, date that days date.

I would caution on this. I suspect @builderbits is legitimate but you don't know, he just joined today, and for all we know he's a Prout sock puppet or otherwise not as advertised. If it was me, I'd document but then look for a more reliable communication method than a PM to a fresh LET account.

William said: Your LE seems to suck, majorly, isn't the guy on probation? If i start in probation here to scam people i end up in jail in a week, at most, near regardless of amount...

Yes, if you're on probation and commit a crime, you kiss probation goodbye. Probation is always "at the pleasure of the court". A judge doesn't have to wait until you're convicted of a new offense to revoke probation - they can do it via a hearing. I believe it is protected by due process (the judge can't just make an order - you have a chance to speak) but it's not like a full trial.

Probation is kind of a contract you make with the court and there's usually all kinds of requirements - e.g., submit to drug testing, allow warrantless searches of your home, can't travel out of state, have to get counseling, etc.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited June 2017

raindog308 said: I guess it's going to really blow people's minds that at one point, a private company delivered a thick book to everyone's house listing the name, address, and phone number of every person in your town. We called them phone books.

Was thinking about that earlier lol. On the internet if you described the act without describing the item, you'd have hundreds or more people up in arms about privacy. What we perceive today based on our internet culture is not in line with the way things have always been.

raindog308 said: I'm skeptical of this, but am not an attorney. I agree that publishing private info exposes you to liability but I'm not sure that repackaging government or otherwise already public info (e.g., domain registration) is risky. Aren't there websites where you can type in someone's name and pull up tons of public info on them?

I believe this could be pulled off as a tort. It wouldn't be easy to pull off.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited June 2017

@jarland

I guess I just found the way he stated it a little weird, that's all.

@builderbits said:

>

By the way everyone that submits gets his current address, work address, phone number and everything else to hunt him down

@raindog308

Completely forgot about the fact that he put it on the Internet willingly; my apologies if this was seen as defending Joshua (which is something I will never do.)

Thanked by 1jar
  • edited August 2017

what the disgusting f*ck did I just read?

YUP, YOU READ RIGHT. A lot of people do not know this because they do not read the entire report and the victim section. Most people assume it was a girl close to his age; however, it was a 9 year old little boy that, well you need to read for yourself.

He is working under Carrier-4 Data LLC / Leased under GONODE5 at 1301 Fannin ST, Houston TX. 77002

Got me for 25k, plus all the other cost that are realized when setting up a full rack.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

you pal(you have already been caught already Joshua Prout)

@jarland @ElliotJ @raindog308 please close this thread please to prevent joshua prout from trying his scams once more(and as usual this time playing the victim when he is the aggressor instead.)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2017

@JoshuaProutScam Just because it was a boy, doesn't make it any more appropriate...............

Thanked by 1cubedata

cubedata said: you pal(you have already been caught already Joshua Prout)

The user @JoshuaProutScam is not Joshua Prout. I know who he is, though he may not know who I am. In my investigations into Prout's activities, I came across him as a customer that Joshua bragged about having landed at one of his latest ventures. Can confirm the user as someone who did purchase services from Prout.

@jarland said:

cubedata said: you pal(you have already been caught already Joshua Prout)

The user @JoshuaProutScam is not Joshua Prout. I know who he is, though he may not know who I am. In my investigations into Prout's activities, I came across him as a customer that Joshua bragged about having landed at one of his latest ventures. Can confirm the user as someone who did purchase services from Prout.

hmmm...that changes everything then if it is known it isn't joshua prout then.

• WSSWSS Member

@cubedata said:

Do you think he'd be very active here, when it's obvious that everyone is hoping to enjoy the shitstorm when he gets served? I don't think a single person here would have a problem with the mods revealing all of his known accounts.

@WSS said:

@cubedata said:

Do you think he'd be very active here, when it's obvious that everyone is hoping to enjoy the shitstorm when he gets served? I don't think a single person here would have a problem with the mods revealing all of his known accounts.

I have no problem with that either though so you are saying it is iffy if this is joshua prout then? as I agree I want the mods to reveal all of his known accounts so we can all stay safe this time.

• WSSWSS Member

@cubedata said:
    I have no problem with that either though so you are saying it is iffy if this is joshua prout then? as I agree I want the mods to reveal all of his known accounts so we can all stay safe this time.

That's not what I'm saying at all. @jarland has kind of made a sideline of finding and banning Prout accounts every moment they're found. Plus, there are people who are searching for those he has ripped off.

@WSS said:

@cubedata said:

That's not what I'm saying at all. @jarland has kind of made a sideline of finding and banning Prout accounts every moment they're found. Plus, there are people who are searching for those he has ripped off.

okay I am just going to step out of this because it is obvious I have not woke up yet.

This discussion has been closed.