Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Anyone else having VyprNetworks issues?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

as I am starting to believe he is deadpooling as he hasn't responded to me at all hasn't fixed my server either. Please could @VyprNetworks come and tell us what is going on as I think everyone is mad at him and I tried getting my server released from him and moved to psychz directly but he won't respond and won't release my server does anyone else have this issue as well? as this much downtime it is getting bad.

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Same here. I believe pyschz can step in and get our servers but won't citing privacy policy. I believe vyprnetworks is a customer of psychz.

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Same here. I believe pyschz can step in and get our servers but won't citing privacy policy. I believe vyprnetworks is a customer of psychz.

They are customers of psychz he told me that before.

• RyanDRyanD Member

wait you mean someone selling dedicated and colo at insanely low unrealistic unsustainable prices is deadpooling????? impossibru!

• @RyanD said:
    wait you mean someone selling dedicated and colo at insanely low unrealistic unsustainable prices is deadpooling????? impossibru!

please don't try stating the obvious we all know....please try posting something constructive instead of stating the obvious.

• RyanDRyanD Member

@timnboys said:

@RyanD said:

please don't try stating the obvious we all know....please try posting something constructive instead of stating the obvious.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2016

timnboys said: please don't try stating the obvious we all know....please try posting something constructive instead of stating the obvious.

Uhm, what more do you need? A reseller selling cheaper than his reseller is obvious where he would end. If You have equipment there, pull it. I am not entirely sure how noone pointed out how his hardware for sale, WITH colocation, ended up cheaper WITH the colocation included. Awesome prices, awesome colo pricing and if you want the machine shipped out.. Price changes drastically.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @AlexBarakov said:

timnboys said: please don't try stating the obvious we all know....please try posting something constructive instead of stating the obvious.

Uhm, what more do you need? A reseller selling cheaper than his reseller is obvious where he would end. If You have equipment there, pull it. I am not entirely sure how noone pointed out how his hardware for sale, WITH colocation, ended up cheaper WITH the colocation included. Awesome prices, awesome colo pricing and if you want the machine shipped out.. Price changes drastically.

I want to move the server out to another reseller in the psychz dc but he won't let my server go and I cannot get ahold of him to let the reseller do that.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

Psychz won't move any servers of their colocation customers without that customers permission right?

So people can't get their servers until Vypr gives the ok to Psychz correct? Someone correct me if I am wrong

Edit: @Francisco covered it I believe

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@timnboys said:
    I want to move the server out to another reseller in the psychz dc but he won't let my server go and I cannot get ahold of him to let the reseller do that.

I doubt Psychz would allow it either given he likely owes them a month or two in dues.

Your best bet would be to provide proof of ownership to Psychz and after 30 days or whatever their TOS stipulates is the 'pay before we repo' period is, you'll hopefully have your equipment. Psychz will likely insist you be their direct customer though so they can recoup whatever they've put into this ordeal (man hours, etc).

You should seriously audit any resellers quotes and compare it to who the company they're reselling from sells at. While I have no doubt that Psychz will cut some deals to move cabinets/gear, they aren't going to do a 50% cut for random customers just to lose their own clients to said reseller.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Licensecart GCat
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited May 2016

@Francisco said:

@timnboys said:

I doubt Psychz would allow it either given he likely owes them a month or two in dues.

Your best bet would be to provide proof of ownership to Psychz and after 30 days or whatever their TOS stipulates is the 'pay before we repo' period is, you'll hopefully have your equipment. Psychz will likely insist you be their direct customer though so they can recoup whatever they've put into this ordeal (man hours, etc).

You should seriously audit any resellers quotes and compare it to who the company they're reselling from sells at. While I have no doubt that Psychz will cut some deals to move cabinets/gear, they aren't going to do a 50% cut for random customers just to lose their own clients to said reseller.

Francisco

I don't mind being their direct colo customer.
    I can pay $60 for 2U colo and default /29
    what would I need to provide proof of ownership?
    paypal transaction?
    his whmcs invoice payment receipt?

• DapKilnDapKiln Member

I'm also having problems with them I have 16 servers with them and a crap load of storage items. I cannot get any information from Psychz about them and I cannot provide proof I own the servers because most of them were bought from them or from ebay. I tried to get as much information from Psychz as possible on my hardware but they cannot release anything unless the owner tells them to so I guess I am at a loss for my servers which overall was like 7k or more.

@timnboys said:
    paypal transaction?

You would have to contact them and see what would be possible, but given the radio silence you & @dapkiln are having they're really not wanting to have to repo the guy.

Collect anything (ticket history, paypal records, etc) that show proof. If enough chargebacks hit him there's a good chance you can pressure him into releasing the details to Psychz just to try to save his ass from paypal taking him to court.

It's a tough one but i'm sure you're happy you didn't close that dispute.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • DapKilnDapKiln Member

@Francisco said:

@timnboys said:
    paypal transaction?

You would have to contact them and see what would be possible, but given the radio silence you & @dapkiln are having they're really not wanting to have to repo the guy.

Collect anything (ticket history, paypal records, etc) that show proof. If enough chargebacks hit him there's a good chance you can pressure him into releasing the details to Psychz just to try to save his ass from paypal taking him to court.

It's a tough one but i'm sure you're happy you didn't close that dispute.

Francisco

Ive already chargedback the payments after the first 5 days of downtime in my cabinet and no one responding to me via skype but if I get all my moneyback from paypal ill leave it be. I mean I've called paypal already and told them everything that was happening and they said give him time to respond but that was all I could do for now. Just have to wait it out now. I just find it very harsh that Psychz cant do anything for anybody because of privacy which basically fucks everyone who had servers with the guy.

DapKiln said: I just find it very harsh that Psychz cant do anything for anybody because of privacy which basically fucks everyone who had servers with the guy.

I'm not a fan of Psychz for other reasons, but in this case they're handling this properly. You aren't their direct customer so they have no grounds or reason to ever be talking to you about that customers racks.

Read their TOS, i'm sure it documents what the repo policy is on colocation. Normally it's 30~45 days.

Francisco

• DapKilnDapKiln Member
    edited May 2016

@Francisco said:

DapKiln said: I just find it very harsh that Psychz cant do anything for anybody because of privacy which basically fucks everyone who had servers with the guy.

I'm not a fan of Psychz for other reasons, but in this case they're handling this properly. You aren't their direct customer so they have no grounds or reason to ever be talking to you about that customers racks.

Read their TOS, i'm sure it documents what the repo policy is on colocation. Normally it's 30~45 days.

Francisco

See but what is the guy paid all his bills with psychz and just ran off with our servers then what can I do? Take him to court or something I'm only 16 and my parents are going to kill me if they find out I lost all the money I've been working for the past year to start a vps business.

• @DapKiln said:

do you have his contact information,I mean his real address ? Hope server is still there in DC.He must have watered all your plans for hosting.

• I have posted this before,just copy pasting again

Lesson 1: do not go for cheap always
     Lesson 2: see company record before ordering
     Lesson 3 : do not order from unknown company 
     Lesson 4: pay few dollars more and keep your servers/customers in a reliable hands in a reputed company.

Thanked by 2Licensecart eol
  • DapKilnDapKiln Member

@support123 said:

@DapKiln said:

do you have his contact information,I mean his real address ? Hope server is still there in DC.He must have watered all your plans for hosting.

All I know is his name is Michael Riley that is all I know. I've been saving up all the money my parents have been sending me while in University so hopefully something goes my way in all of this and I'm able to get my moneyback or my servers.

• @DapKiln said:

I am not sure if his whois is real or not.But if you want to go court,you will need real information at least. He seemed like a nice guy until he pulled all this crap.

• @DapKiln said:

@support123 said:

@DapKiln said:

All I know is his name is Michael Riley that is all I know. I've been saving up all the money my parents have been sending me while in University so hopefully something goes my way in all of this and I'm able to get my moneyback or my servers.

do what I would want to do which is basically keep paypal on them as they're the best you can get for keeping and getting your money back or your servers as well.
    as if he gets enough chargebacks like francisico said he will not have that kind of money which paypal will take him to court for this and to save his own self he will give up everything to avoid going to court and loosing.

Thanked by 1DapKiln

@DapKiln said:
    See but what is the guy paid all his bills with psychz and just ran off with our servers then what can I do? Take him to court or something I'm only 16 and my parents are going to kill me if they find out I lost all the money I've been working for the past year to start a vps business.

You don't seriously think this is a 'woops network broke' case right? You're fully aware that this is a billing outage right? He committed to too much space because it was cheap and ran out of funding. Once WHT banned him he lost a major selling floor. Between this and him fireselling the E3's so he could 'prepay a year on his cabinets' is bullshit.

I mean, he was doing like $30/m 1U colocation with 10TB of transit or whatever and an amp or two of power. This was all him just trying to cover his costs, that or he has a drug/spending habit and blew his companies reserves.

My advice? Reach out to Psychz and bring up some generic questions about how a case like this one would be handled (customer doesnt pay his bills and has colo customers under him with gear stuck). Hopefully they'll give you a quick break down of their TOS in this case and then you can progress.

If you have proof of buying the servers (invoices on paypal, invoices in WHMCS, etc) you can work from there.

With all the above said, if you get your gear from Psychz and alls good there you should close whatever chargebacks you opened that relate to the gear. While the guy can't do basic math that doesn't mean he should be screwed out of gear and the money he was paid for it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov
  • DapKilnDapKiln Member

Well ill just wait it out and see what happens.

@DapKiln said:

You have no other choice but as I said, I recommend reaching out to the Psychz guys and see what happens. I'm pretty sure Jimmy mans the account on these forums so i'm sure he's fully aware of what's up.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@DapKiln said:

You have no other choice but as I said, I recommend reaching out to the Psychz guys and see what happens. I'm pretty sure Jimmy mans the account on these forums so i'm sure he's fully aware of what's up.

Francisco

I hope so; so what number do I call to ask them what do I do to get them to grab my server and directly colo with them. oh I have definitely have paypal emails his invoices etc from his whmcs in my email.

@timnboys said:
    I hope so; so what number do I call to ask them what do I do to get them to grab my server and directly colo with them. oh I have definitely have paypal emails his invoices etc from his whmcs in my email.

I'm not going to dig through Psychz's site looking for that, but their account on here is under @PhotonVPS so you can see what he says.

Francisco

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I am going on a wild guess here - however: 1st. He sold a major of those E3s for 200$ over here and other boards. These were most likely never existent boxes, or rented directly from Psychz - I never heard anyone actually getting something delivered to his door. He sold a couple of yearly colo deals and possibly, if someone sent him hardware - it's long gone from Psychz/Carrier1. I am pretty sure, that when I contacted the said provider, as I wanted to get some E3s, shipped out of his DC, he gave me retail store pricing, cause his point was "to have more colo customers". Pretty much, it would have ended up cheaper to pre-pay for an year of colo services and get the hardware shipped out, then to pay his costs for a server shipped immediately, without any colo. Of course, something rang a bell to me and never went through. If you think 6GB for 7$ is crazy in the VPS world - 2amps + 10TB of BW + 20gbps of protection for 20$ is even crazier ;)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • AlexBarakov said: 2amps + 10TB of BW + 20gbps of protection for 20$ is even crazier ;)

lol lowendcolo

Thanked by 2Francisco Sndt
  • FalzoFalzo Member

if I got this right @BharatB mentioned to make some progress with Psychz in another thread? maybe he want to chime in with his status quo?

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Regarding VyprNetworks, I can provide the following information:

1. He ordered a cab from us.
    2. He ran a lot of promotions to fill up the cab.
    3. He then sold the company.
    4. He is not past due on any invoices.
    5. We did not keep track of what hardware goes in and out since he was never past due.

We're not sure who his clients are since we did not deal with them just VyprNetworks.

This discussion has been closed.