Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

Comments

• @david_W said:
    try

for CPUFREQ in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor; do [ -f $CPUFREQ ] || continue; echo -n performance > $CPUFREQ; done

thank you so much. Now I got my box running at 2.4Ghz. It's awesome.

• @MattKC said:
    There are $10 servers showing avail right now for whoever grabs it the quickest...

It's gone atm :D

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

@windytime90 said:
    AaronW: I have just purchased a $10 box. The CPU show that it's E5300 at 2.6Ghz but it's capped to 1200 Mhz. I know that it might be capped for saving energy but it is advertised on the order page as '1.6Ghz or higher'. So is it normal? Thank you.

I see you got it figured out but just so I've responded.... :) We don't cap CPU speeds on purpose on any of our servers.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

AaronW said: I see you got it figured out but just so I've responded.... :) We don't cap CPU speeds on purpose on any of our servers.

But you do seem to cap disk lifetimes......

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@hawc said:
    But you do seem to cap disk lifetimes......

?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

hawc said: But you do seem to cap disk lifetimes......

I had a server with WholeSale InterFail once. The first disk they fitted failed within a week, I had it replaced, and the second one was reallocating sectors and close to failing. I then tried to add a second disk to build RAID, but support seemed unable to fathom the concept of this.

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2016

windytime90 said: thank you so much. Now I got my box running at 2.4Ghz. It's awesome.

For debian (and it should work with Ubuntu too) I do:

apt-get install cpufrequtils

nano /etc/default/cpufrequtils

type in: GOVERNOR="performance"

and save it...reboot and you're good to go (it will set max speed and keep it there).

Luckily my Wholesaleinternet Intel E7300 came with the powersaving off so it's already set at 2.6GHz...it's pretty sweet having two dedicated cores/dedicated server for $10. I already started moving over some websites to my Wholesaleinternet server, working great.

Thanked by 1windytime90

hawc said: I had a server with WholeSale InterFail once. The first disk they fitted failed within a week, I had it replaced, and the second one was reallocating sectors and close to failing. I then tried to add a second disk to build RAID, but support seemed unable to fathom the concept of this.

Drives fail. It sucks when it happens to you. We will always replace a drive when a customer asks us to.

If a customer wants to set up RAID they are more then welcome to but our support is pretty much there to test and replace hardware and that's it. When we advertise for technicians we advertise for Hardware/Bench technicians, not Linux Engineers. Our techs need to know how to load an OS and nothing more.

• windytime90windytime90 Member
    edited March 2016

@sin said:

Do your cpu support Vt-x? Mine doesn't but I think I'm still lucky because I got a 1Gbps unlimited box for $10 :D.

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited March 2016

@AaronW your site is not loading.

• @tenpera said:
    AaronW your site is not loading.

Site working on my end. (UK)

• came back.

• Anyone wants to take my $10 box (E5300, 4G RAM, 250G HDD, 1Gbps unmetered, due date april 8)?

• edanedan Member

@windytime90 said:
    Anyone wants to take my $10 box (E5300, 4G RAM, 250G HDD, 1Gbps unmetered, due date april 8)?

Any problems?

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • @edan said:
    Any problems?

Can wsi products be transferred /traded ?

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • edanedan Member
    edited March 2016

inthecloudblog said: Can wsi products be transferred /traded ?

I am not WSI guy but by opening a ticket or PM @AaronW they should fixed it.

• @edan said:
    Any problems?

No problem at all! I just got a higher level dedicated and move my project to it so this server is spare.

inthecloudblog said: Can wsi products be transferred /traded ?

The billing system has a provision for transferring services between accounts.

• david_Wdavid_W Member
    edited March 2016

@AaronW said:

After a long time of debugging with Aaron. Still no way to get this box back to 1G link. I have to let this C2Q go back to the pool.

Good luck everyone..

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • 7 months and still going strong on my $10 box, simply amazing deal! Even better uptime than my delimiter box O.o

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • what OS choice available?

• edited March 2016

send an email to sales ;)

I'm having a hard time keeping performance /uptime and so on of so many boxes

Yeah I do use nix stats and might need something else/extra

• @david_W said:
    Good luck everyone..

Mine is 1Gbps and I want to transfer it :)

• @windytime90 said:

Mine was 1G too, then down to 100M "automatically" last week....

Can you provide your disk and CPU info, i may consider it...

• edanedan Member

@windytime90 said:

Is this 2 x 250GB?

• @AaronW - Any update on the $50 E5 servers?

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

$10 and $15 servers are now available! :D

• Can you install windows on those things?

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@clarity_64 said:
    Can you install windows on those things?

There's no KVM/IPMI on them, and support won't temporarily add any to them either... so probably not.

• edanedan Member

Snap another $10 box, like the previous one they add additional 250GB hdd for free.