Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WholeSaleInternet $10 servers

Comments

• erkinerkin Member
    edited March 2016

After reading all the thread all I can say is, you are really and really patient @AaronW...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MrGeneral said: What did you guys do?

Closed my ticket without reply.

Given your response, closing the ticket seems a reasonable thing to do - if there was a misunderstanding you should have corrected it, not just said 'that's a shame'. You ended the conversation yourself :-/

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

Guys, i have an i5 2300 with kimsufi.
    Compare with that one how is the network and speed compared with an i7 2600 from WholeSaleInternet?

I have to mention that I am in Europe.
    Thank you.

• OldkyOldky Member

I have to mention that I am in Europe.

I am in EU too, have i7 server from WholeSaleInternet. My network and speed is OK.

Thanked by 1HWAYS
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Given your response, closing the ticket seems a reasonable thing to do - if there was a misunderstanding you should have corrected it, not just said 'that's a shame'. You ended the conversation yourself :-/

Thing is, they mentioned they could do custom, but as soon as I requested it... They don't seem to.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2016

MrGeneral said: Thing is, they mentioned they could do custom, but as soon as I requested it... They don't seem to.

My impression of the conversation (used on what you've posted) is:

El Cheapo: Oh hai guyz, need cheap, need customs, need FAST

WSI: (knowing only fast deployments are the pre-configs) Soz homeboi, no customs on pre-configs, ya dig bro-beans?

El Cheapo: SadFace.

So, why not simply open another ticket, making it clear you don't want a pre-config, and see how you get on.

Thanked by 2Legendlink Xenos

@Nekki said:

Correct, yes, :P

But it wasn't the case, I needed a custom server, wouldn't need to be instant of course! :)

I stated I didn't want a pre-config, @Nekki! :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MrGeneral said: But it wasn't the case, I needed a custom server, wouldn't need to be instant of course! :)

Not instant, but 'fast' may still not be an option for pre-configs; fast is very much a relative term, and open to interpretation.

MrGeneral said: I stated I didn't want a pre-config, @Nekki! :)

Which clearly got missed, or they wouldn't have replied that they don't do customs on pre-configs, would they?

Again, you ended the conversation, which is why the ticket was closed I imagine - had you corrected the misunderstanding, I wouldn't be explaining this to you right now.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MrGeneral said: I stated I didn't want a pre-config

Wholesales Internet does not do custom, AFIK. Their other brand, Datashack, does (they are typically different company but they shared the same team and same facility). Why don't you ask them for your custom config?

Thanked by 1MikePT

@jvnadr said:
    Wholesales Internet does not do custom, AFIK. Their other brand, Datashack, does (they are typically different company but they shared the same team and same facility). Why don't you ask them for your custom config?

They said they do.... And I did ask them.

Thanked by 1dcc
  • @AaronW said:
    We don't have a Windows image for the C2D and we don't have a mechanism for
    customers to load their own. Debian is better anyway. :)

Good news, after a few days of troubleshooting, going through countless errors without KVM or remote ISO support, I've finally managed to setup my W7 C2Q box! Now I can also use my box for video encoding :D

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2016

Do they still offer DirectAdmin licenses for a $5 setup fee? Was thinking about putting DirectAdmin on my core2duo

• @ManofServer : could you please give me some guide to do that? I have just purchased a $10 box but do not know how to install it. I have already read the joodle's guide but there is no rescue mode in the control panel.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog Rob92
  • @sin said:
    Do they still offer DirectAdmin licenses for a $5 setup fee? Was thinking about putting DirectAdmin on my core2duo

Yes, I have it on my Core2Quad

• edanedan Member
    edited March 2016

windytime90 said: I have already read the joodle's guide but there is no rescue mode in the control panel.

They have.

• windytime90windytime90 Member
    edited March 2016

@edan: Really? This is my control panel, however I don't see any rescue mode?

• @windytime90 said:
    edan: Really? This is my control panel, however I don't see any rescue mode?!

How about the reload button ?

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • edanedan Member
    edited March 2016

windytime90 said: @edan: Really? This is my control panel, however I don't see any rescue mode?

Read this comment https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1566344/#Comment_1566344

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • david_Wdavid_W Member
    edited March 2016

My C2Q was having 1Gbs link since ordered, even they advertised as 100Mbs. I consider that was a huge bonus then start putting some PROD projects on it.

However, honey moon ends now, the link speed was capped to 100Mbs recently without notifying me. They refused to put it back to Gbps then "correct" the link speed on my server page from "1gbps 20T" to "100Mbps". Ticket escalated to their sales team and basically they just like - u want ya gigabit back? Go buy the $25 server....

No hard feeling with budget providers huh? they have got all the "bonus" and promotion planned...

So, su** it up and accept the fate to be a refugee. Start migrating with my lowend budget.....

• @david_W said:
    My C2Q was having 1Gbs link since ordered, even they advertised as 100Mbs. I consider that was a huge bonus then start putting some PROD projects on it.

However, honey moon ends now, the link speed was capped to 100Mbs recently without notifying me. They refused to put it back to Gbps then "correct" the link speed on my server page from "1gbps 20T" to "100Mbps". Ticket escalated to their sales team and basically they just like - u want ya gigabit back? Go buy the $25 server....

No hard feeling with budget providers huh? they have got all the "bonus" and promotion planned...

So, su** it up and accept the fate to be a refugee. Start migrating with my lowend budget.....

What exactly is your complaint did you not buy a server that was listed at 100mb unmetered? Isn't that what you have?

• @klpowell said:

Not complaint, just bad feeling as a customer.

Short version of the story:
    Listed 100M when ordered
    Received 1G, server info page was listed 1G
    Suddenly down to 100M, requested back to 1G, they just update the server info page to 100M instead

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

@david_W said:

So you had am open 1Gbit port and then you got ratelimited later on? That's pretty unusual. Level2 support does rate limits and I can't imagine they'd have time to mess with it with all the work they have to do these days. Send me your ticket or service ID and I'll check it out.

The reason we advertise the low low end stuff with 100Mbit is because that's all some of the motherboards have on them but... as I said, I think if there was an initiative to rate limit existing servers I would have heard about it.

• @AaronW said:
    The reason we advertise the low low end stuff with 100Mbit is because that's all some of the motherboards have on them but... as I said, I think if there was an initiative to rate limit existing servers I would have heard about it.

PMed you the ticket number.

I received this box with Gbps port, then was down to 100Mbps recently without any notice.

• AaronWAaronW Member, Patron Provider

@david_W said:
    I received this box with Gbps port, then was down to 100Mbps recently without any notice.

The port autonegotiated to 100Mbits. If it was a ratelimit it would have negotiated to 1000 and then the ratelimit would handle the speed from there. I replied to your PM looking for some additional info.

• @AaronW: I have just purchased a $10 box. The CPU show that it's E5300 at 2.6Ghz but it's capped to 1200 Mhz. I know that it might be capped for saving energy but it is advertised on the order page as '1.6Ghz or higher'. So is it normal? Thank you.

• @windytime90 said:

using centos? yum remove cpuspeed

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • @gonggo said:

Sorry, no. I'm using ubuntu. Tried to remove cpuspeed package but it's unavailable.

• try

for CPUFREQ in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor; do [ -f $CPUFREQ ] || continue; echo -n performance > $CPUFREQ; done

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • There are $10 servers showing avail right now for whoever grabs it the quickest...

Thanked by 1windytime90