Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars

Comments

• matteob said: oh at sales@ i have no access to that mail, can you please forward to me?

This man is who you want as your next CEO... фігня

Thanked by 1singsing
  • He is talking about calling his contact at the authorities, not tr1cky.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@tr1cky, check the Italian data protection act. You may be able to make a "Subject Access Request" or similar against Seflow to get all information.

• @William said:

DO NOT ACCEPT that tr1cky - Have him write it down. Recording is illegal and he probably knows that - Say you require reply by mail, email or fax.

I guess you misread that. I don't think he wants to call me but rather call his "contact" (lawyer, legal adviser, whatever).

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • hawc said: @tr1cky, check the Italian data protection act. You may be able to make a "Subject Access Request" or similar against Seflow to get all information.

Yea, that does work (it is EU law) but you need to do it in local language and sometimes with a local contact (in some countries a certified lawyer). Might be worth a try.

tr1cky said: I guess you misread that. I don't think he wants to call me but rather call his "contact" (lawyer, legal adviser, whatever).

Yep, that makes more sense - Regardless, my advice stays, if he offers to call you tell him you want it in writing, cannot hurt you but only them. Same for police/Sta/whatever, always ask written.

• @matteob would be a very dumb man to make such allegations on a public forum without any merit to them, both harmful to himself and his company -- which is why I'm inclined to at least consider the fact that @matteob is not telling us a lie. It would be too stupid.

But who knows. It will be "interesting" to see it all unfold.

• GStanley said: IN addition, you are officially on my radar, not a fun place to be. Even with wife and baby on the way, 2-3 hours of investigating you will come up with something askew, be it personal, company past, etc.

I'm going to see if we can get a LowEndInvestigator title for you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@k0nsl said:
    matteob would be a very dumb man to make such allegations on a public forum without any merit to them, both harmful to himself and his company -- which is why I'm inclined to at least consider the fact that matteob is not telling us a lie. It would be too stupid.

But who knows. It will be "interesting" to see it all unfold.

Aye, but if it's not truthful or is in any way intentionally misleading, @tr1cky definitely has something to complain about.

I'm with you, drinking a beer on the sideline.

Thanked by 3deadbeef Amitz netomx
  • Jar said: I'm with you, drinking a beer on the sideline.

Count me in. I'll bring some chips and cheetos.

• k0nsl said: It would be too stupid.

That's my thinking too but on the other hand the things I've seen people pull here made me careful about such statements. I guess the right thing to do now is just wait and see if @tr1cky can confirm the allegations.

Thanked by 3jar GStanley Infinity
  • Nekki said: I'm going to see if we can get a LowEndInvestigator title for you.

Even if in jest, would be an honour and privilege if such were added.

I smell smoke, I find out where fire lives, and who it's selling IPs to.... and if they're announcing McDonalds /22 with such.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Just for more background, you should keep in mind that @tr1cky is not just some random person, he's "that DDoS guy": when a provider called "Vultr" initially launched, they wrongly advertised they have DDoS mitigation in every location. After a website update that line was silently removed (since it was just a mistake and they actually don't), but he then got on a mission to KEEP CHASING THEM DOWN IN LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE VULTR THREAD, repeatedly asking again and again, what about DDoS mitigation, do they will provide it, why not, when they will, was that false advertising, etc, etc.

Just so that nobody should be "too" surprised hearing that particular nickname and "DDoS" mentioned in the same sentence.

• @rm_ Damit, you caught me.
    I wasn't a fan of vultr back in the days, not only because of that but also because of their advertisement of multihoming that they didn't have in any EU location and their silence when it came to any problems, e.g. their frequent network problems in Australia back in the days.

• MunMun Member

@Tr1cky didn't you recently stress test vultrs ddos protection?

• @matteob
    Credo che tu abbia fatto un pó una cazzata a scrivere qui. Spesso è meglio evitare forum come questi dove la gente è molto puntigliosa e cercano l'ago nel pagliaio. Specialmente se sei un provider. Buona fortuna!

Whether what matteob said is true or not, the truth always comes up at the end.

• @Issam2204 said:
    the truth always comes up at the end.

By some magical manifestation of ethereal forces?

• @Issam2204 said:

hai ragione, me ne sono accorto alla seconda risposta e ho sbagliato a continuare, devo imparare ad essere meno latino!

E pensare che mi ero anche quasi sentito in colpa a dar accesso ai dati pensando fosse stato semplicemente bucato...

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @deadbeef said:

Just let's see how it goes.

• I have an ongoing FBI investigation sitting right here.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • now it looks like this

after few days

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    I have an ongoing FBI investigation sitting right here.

Give it a cookie and offer a drink.

• @Amitz said:
    Give it a cookie and offer a drink.

A federal booby inspection is waiting infront of me.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mun said: @Tr1cky didn't you recently stress test vultrs ddos protection?

Testing protection you pay for is not illegal in Germany.

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    A federal booby inspection is waiting infront of me.

Skip the cookie. Offer a drink.

Thanked by 2teknolaiz netomx
  • @Amitz said:

Will do, will do ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    I have an ongoing FBI investigation sitting right here.

• @Jar said:

Playback on other sites has been disabled. Come on @Jar. I know you can do it better.

• MunMun Member

What this thread has done is make me appreciate my current hosts even more . Thanks all you lovely people whom provide me service without the bull shit. You people know whom you are!

Thanked by 2ATHK vRozenSch00n
This discussion has been closed.