Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars

Comments

• @Frecyboy said:

was not a packetloss, but a storagekernel panic issue, please open a ticket i will inform you about the problem on storage node where you hosted. You should see a "hot migration" task some minutes ago (that not caused you any downtime), as we're moving away because is instable then we will replace the broken part.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • So if the police is tapping @tr1cky's servers it would be reasonable for them to perform a house search and gather any evidence that might be on @tr1cky's computers. The police can't authorize @matteob to share that @tr1cky is under investigation before they have performed a house search because then @tr1cky would be warned and could just wipe all data. So this scenario only makes sense if @tr1cky's house has already been searched and his electronic devices seized

• @gsrdgrdghd said:

Not needed if they already found what they was searching....

By the way i request to share what happen because "our company reputation" was severy compromised and they accepted it. I think they appreciated our cooperation..

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @tr1cky was sagst du dazu?

I wonder... this sounds so much like some fairy tale.

• @matteob said:
    By the way i request to share what happen because "our company reputation" was severy compromised

... on LET. "and they accepted it".

Sure, f*ck the investigation, whatever works for you mate. Not even the Italian police...

• @Hidden_Refuge said:
    I wonder... this sounds so much like some fairy tale.

laying on that is considered criminal offense ;-)

• @matteob so did or did @tr1cky not DDoS your control panel?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    matteob so did or did tr1cky not DDoS your control panel?

seems confirmed by logs. (discovered casually because they was searching something else)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Maybe @tr1cky has any update for us ??

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Maybe tr1cky has any update for us ??

Maybe @tr1cky was arrested by the feds already? :D

• Ah why would he DDoS your control panel ?

• MacPac said: Ah why would he DDoS your control panel ?

Why would anybody DDoS anything?

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@kcaj said:
    Why would anybody DDoS anything?

Power mad. or to screw around with someone. mess around with competitors?

• My gut feeling was correct, then.

• kcaj said: Why would anybody DDoS anything?

That's a good question.

Maybe they were just 'testing' the network.

Ha ha ha ha :D I think, those who can't hack anything, DDoS anything for their Enjoyment :v

• LeeLee Veteran

Someone teach me to DDoS, it sound such terribly good fun.

Thanked by 2netomx MacPac
  • Lee said: Someone teach me to DDoS, it sound such terribly good fun.

ping -s 125000000 127.0.0.1
    Thanked by 2Fusl netomx

@kcaj said:

Quite a Good DDoS for OwnSelf :P

• @kcaj said:

WARNING: probably, rcvbuf is not enough to hold preload.
     Error: packet size 125000000 is too large. Maximum is 65507

The computer says no

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jmckeag12 said:
    The computer says no

Thanked by 2netomx GStanley
  • I WAS GOING TO DO THAT!

Thanked by 2Fusl vimalware
  • joepie91 said: This doesn't explain the hostile ticket responses, blaming the customer.

What else should they write?

• You're under police investigation, please stand by.
    • We cannot tell you. ticket closed
    • It's your fault. Shut up.

Third answer is obviously the best answer to not let the customer find out what is really going on. Every person knows, if seflow support would answer "Sorry, we cannot tell you what is going on, please continue with your work.", something is really going to happen soon, better back-up and leave.

@William and me had the same thing with a T-Mobile contract (150 Mbit/s), government told T-Mobile with a court order to not shut down the link, whatever happens (not even on bandwidth limits of 100GB). We noticed that when we were at like 1TB bandwidth used and still nothing. @William called T-Mobile and they disconnected the phone call instantly after he told them his client ID. That made us quickly realize what is going on, we switched to another uplink and started generating 40-48TB month-by-month by just doing wget from several speedtest servers just to fuck them up and generate costs for government/T-Mobile or whoever received the invoice for the over-traffic in the end ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2015

@Fusl Better to not respond at all. There are plenty of alternative options to the ones you listed. Example:

"We are investigating this packet loss."

Assuming this is all even true. I've heard it all here, I remain skeptical.

Thanked by 2deadbeef joepie91
  • deadbeef said: The police authorized a provider to "share" to a public forum news about investigation regarding an individual, because ... ? lol. Sure, Italian police is 100 levels below US police but it's hard to imagine even them doing something like that. So my bet is that @matteob is just saying stories.

When we receive a court order, data seizure order or wiretap order it comes with a gagging clause both in EU and NA. I would check that the order you have received doesn't have this in it, otherwise you will end up slapped with a contempt charge.

Thanked by 2deadbeef GStanley
  • @jmckeag12 said:

Sorry pal ;)

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015
    sudo ping -f -s 57486 -c 9999999999999999999999999999 localhost
    PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 57486(57514) bytes of data.
    ^C 
    --- localhost ping statistics ---
    1011948 packets transmitted, 1011948 received, 0% packet loss, time 177235ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.048/0.062/5.473/0.015 ms, pipe 2, ipg/ewma 0.175/0.070 ms

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
              inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
              inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
              UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
              RX packets:4935142 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:4935142 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
              RX bytes:184827428957 (172.1 GiB)  TX bytes:184827428957 (172.1 GiB)

Is this "real traffic" on the computer?

Pretty good connection to localhost.

Can't imagine what a couple of servers on 1Gbit connection can do. I dosed my raspberry pi, ssh connection timed out over wifi.

I dosed my android samsung s3 mini with 94% packet loss. I wonder if the mobile had poor connection or some kind of filter in place.

• @MarkTurner said:

>

https://www.privacytools.io/#ukusa might be a interesting read regarding this.

• GM2015 said: Is this "real traffic" on the computer?

Yes, it's real loopback traffic. Sent from your computer to your computer. If you disable lo you'd get timeouts because the loopback device at 127.0.0.1 is down.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

Right. Good to know how to do this, now would be great to know how to avoid and prevent being dosed.

Do providers count localhost traffic as inbound/outbound or none at all?

Hidden_Refuge said: Yes, it's real loopback traffic. Sent from your computer to your computer. If you disable lo you'd get timeouts because the loopback device at 127.0.0.1 is down.

This discussion has been closed.