Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars

Comments

• matteob said: seems confirmed by logs. (discovered casually because they was searching something else)

Confirm what, a spoofed AMP attack? How would you trace the source of a spoofed attack? If it was not one why did it cause issues when you have "protection"? Does your protection suck?

matteob said: We had official papers, but obviously we can't share it on a public forum. But feel free to contact "polizia postale di Roma" https://www.commissariatodips.it/profilo/contatti.html
    They are the only one authorized to share that.

No, they are not - Court orders contain personal data in Europe and Police will not share them with anyone, you should know that (you should also know that this would be a crime itself).

matteob said: 2 days ago some agents come in datacenter to start the 'silently operations' and sniff the traffic, this is why only that customer was affected by packet loss for some hours (and others one, like @frecyboy was affected only for some minutes on different timeframe because was another issue).

Agents of what, Interpol? Europol? Mossad? the CIA? You do NOT have to cooperate with either of them - ONLY local police (and in Italy local military branches like Guardia di Finanza) is authorized for such operations.

matteob said: seems confirmed by logs. (discovered casually because they was searching something else)

If they had an order for only this specific server and traffic data why did you give them access to your internal logs (as it sounds)? While not illegal with Italian police quality this is extremely worrying.

matteob said: By the way i request to share what happen because "our company reputation" was severy compromised and they accepted it. I think they appreciated our cooperation..

Yea, because you were stupid enough to simply do what they say without even consulting a lawyer. Police loves if they can exert authority over someone that does not question it at all. Rule of thumb: You NEVER accept a court order directly, you ALWAYS first contact your companies lawyer and have him see if it is even valid, especially in international things they often cite laws of the source country (in this case Germany) which either do not exist in others (i.e. i had orders for CP from the German police resigned by the Austrian police which i sent to our lawyer after it was clear already to me that they are after drawn "CP" that is FULLY legal in Austria, so we contacted the court and had the order removed) or similar laws do not exist at all in the target country. Considering in EU the customer can sue you easily for data breach even to government agencies under false pretext this is also in your own interest.

Fusl said: @William and me had the same thing with a T-Mobile contract (150 Mbit/s), government told T-Mobile with a court order to not shut down the link, whatever happens (not even on bandwidth limits of 100GB). We noticed that when we were at like 1TB bandwidth used and still nothing. @William called T-Mobile and they disconnected the phone call instantly after he told them his client ID. That made us quickly realize what is going on, we switched to another uplink and started generating 40-48TB month-by-month by just doing wget from several speedtest servers just to fuck them up and generate costs for government/T-Mobile or whoever received the invoice for the over-traffic in the end ¯(ツ)

Ye, that was fun, didnt pay invoice for like 4 months and it still worked, i guess at one point they got annoyed enough to stop and have Tmobile disable it....

Thanked by 2deadbeef GStanley
  • What the fuck did I just read?!

Thanked by 3GStanley Peroni cece
  • Let the banter commence!

Thanked by 3Infinity netomx iKeyZ
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Jar said:
    Fusl Better to not respond at all. There are plenty of alternative options to the ones you listed. Example:

"We are investigating this packet loss."

Assuming this is all even true. I've heard it all here, I remain skeptical.

Exactly this. Couldn't have said it better. And even if they went for blaming the customer, they could've done so in a much more professional manner than this.

Thanked by 2deadbeef jar
  • @tr1cky said:
    What the fuck did I just read?!

Mach bloß die Tür nicht auf, Interpol schleicht schon um Dein Haus! ;-D

• tr1cky said: What the fuck did I just read?!

I heard Brazil and Russia are nice for long term vacations.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Considering that @tr1cky has been online and hasn't replied to this topic, I would say it is reasonable to assume that @matteob is telling the truth and he is under investigation.

I will not pretend that I'm an expert and can give legal advice in a forum, but I agree that calling your lawyer is the right thing to do when you get a court order before giving access to your systems.

I also want to reiterate that I'm pretty happy with my SeFlow services overall. Not perfect, but very good for the price and they had always been reasonable and helpful in my experience.

• Seflow - they'll treat you like shit if they don't like you, but on the other hand they will tip you off about police investigations!

Thanked by 2GStanley ATHK
  • Nyr said: Considering that @tr1cky has been online and hasn't replied to this topic, I would say it is reasonable to assume that @matteob is telling the truth and he is under investigation.

Well, I'm not aware that I am investigated, nobody showed up at my doorstep, I wasn't contacted by anyone.
    I've been busy playing the Uncharted series and was pretty drunk yesterday, that's why I didn't write in here, I just saw all the drama :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2015

@Nyr said:
    Considering that tr1cky has been online and hasn't replied to this topic, I would say it is reasonable to assume that matteob is telling the truth and he is under investigation.

Almost perfect comedy timing.

Thanked by 3Falzo deadbeef iKeyZ
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Nekki said: Almost perfect comedy timing.

I see.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I think we all need this now.

• So either @tr1cky will get arrested in a few days or @matteob came up with the stupidest lie ever

Thanked by 3deadbeef Fusl GStanley
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited October 2015

I now get it all, that's not even me @matteob is talking about:

matteob said: 2 days ago some agents come in datacenter to start the 'silently operations' and sniff the traffic, this is why only that customer was affected by packet loss for some hours

2 days ago would be on the 11th of October, the issues happened on the 8th and 9th of October, either @matteob can't count or he is refering to another incident?

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • @Nyr said:
    I see.

5 minutes earlier and it would have been genius.

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    So either tr1cky will run for Brazil in a few days or matteob came up with the best lie ever

Fixed.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • LeeLee Veteran

Oh bravo, what a fekkin omnishambles this is turning out to be.

For once it's a drama thread I thoroughly approve of. Seflow, it's the provider that just keeps giving after the police are involved.

On a serious side note, no fuck it. continue..

• tr1cky said: 2 days ago would be on the 11th of October, the issues happened on the 8th and 9th of October, either @matteob can't count or he is refering to another incident?

No his posts are clearly refering to you:

• matteob said: (we're not the only one provider that receive that request, as they said to me, he had some vm around the world and all received same request)

Since @matteob claims he can talk about the fact, that there were investigations, I hereby write to the providers I have active service with to ask them, if they can confirm, that there were any investigations going on, they should have the same right to speak about it.
    @dcc @MarkTurner @Maounique @HostMyBytes @serverian @AutoSnipe

• LeeLee Veteran

@tr1cky - If you need a place to hold up I hear the Ecuadorian embassy in London may have a free room shortly.

• @GM2015 said:
    Do providers count localhost traffic as inbound/outbound or none at all?

No, this is pure internal traffic inside your server. It never leaves the machine.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • gsrdgrdghd said: No his posts are clearly refering to you:

Well, then it's scientifically proven that @matteob can't count.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

Falzo said: Mach bloß die Tür nicht auf, Interpol schleicht schon um Dein Haus! ;-D

Wenn Inter/Europol vor der Tür steht sagt man Ihnen das sie sich verpissen sollen oder du rufst die echte Polizei - Gleiches bei US Botschaftsangestellten und anderen. Interpol etc. has no authority and can't do shit without local cooperating police in Germany.

tr1cky said: Well, I'm not aware that I am investigated, nobody showed up at my doorstep, I wasn't contacted by anyone. I've been busy playing the Uncharted series and was pretty drunk yesterday, that's why I didn't write in here, I just saw all the drama :D

Encryption bro. Better be safe than sorry. Hiding your data is not illegal and cannot be used against you in DE/AT. You cannot be forced to give out passwords but you CAN be forced to disable retina/fingerprint scanners as you do not have to (mentally) cooperate for this. Expect to wait many years to get encrypted hardware back.

If they show up tell them NOTHING - If they want to search and have an order you will let to have them do it, they have to give you a protocol with all stuff listed on it. Afterwards they will tell you where to show up for interrogation, this is the point where you go to any random criminal lawyer in your city and get basic consulting. You do NOT have to show up for interrogation and this cannot be used against you. You can show up and say nothing at all. Do not sign anything you said or even confirm your data, only show them your passport+visa or national ID card.

Just keep in mind that the Police NEVER wants to help you - They want to help the government. Anything you say can be twisted and used against you. They do employ questionable technics in interrogations like telling you shit that you can get out of it by telling them everything or rat someone out, fact is the Police has NO authority at all to decide this, only the StA has. Assume everything the Police tells you is a lie and at least partly fabricated.

If what the Italian says is true there seems to be very little proof if any at all - Else they would've raided you at night already, purely out of fear that the Italian is bribed. If they would have solid proof they would've arrested you already. No matter what it is, this seems to be a pretty minor case, even if you DDoSd someone a good lawyer gets you out on probation for that, especially if you are under 21 and have no previous convictions of similar kind.

• @tr1cky said:
    What the fuck did I just read?!

You're reading a fairy tale made up by matteob.

Der Typ hat echt ein an der Waffel ;) .

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited October 2015

William said: Encryption bro. Better be safe than sorry. Hiding your data is not illegal and cannot be used against you in DE/AT. You cannot be forced to give out passwords but you CAN be forced to disable retina/fingerprint scanners as you do not have to (mentally) cooperate for this. Expect to wait many years to get encrypted hardware back.

Everything that is sensitive is already encrypted for a long long time.

William said: If they show up tell them NOTHING - If they want to search and have an order you will let to have them do it, they have to give you a protocol with all stuff listed on it. Afterwards they will tell you where to show up for interrogation, this is the point where you go to any random criminal lawyer in your city and get basic consulting. You do NOT have to show up for interrogation and this cannot be used against you. You can show up and say nothing at all. Do not sign anything you said or even confirm your data, only show them your passport+visa or national ID card.

Well, if anyone shows up at my door because some random Italian company decided to make a big fuss about me called them scammers in the public, because they still have money left from me, I will for sure get a lawyer and sue that company.

William said: Just keep in mind that the Police NEVER wants to help you - They want to help the government. Anything you say can be twisted and used against you. They do employ questionable technics in interrogations like telling you shit that you can get out of it by telling them everything or rat someone out, fact is the Police has NO authority at all to decide this, only the StA has. Assume everything the Police tells you is a lie and partly fabricated.

I know you don't like the police and I'm not a big fan of them either, but I don't think that they always want to twist things up. Anyways, I know that the best thing in an interrogation is to not say anything and that's probably my general plan if I ever get in contact with the police.

• @tr1cky said:

Check out this helpful video :)

• tr1cky said: Since @matteob claims he can talk about the fact, that there were investigations, I hereby write to the providers I have active service with to ask them, if they can confirm, that there were any investigations going on, they should have the same right to speak about it.

Depending on the court and the agency requesting the order will depend on the wording. FBI/DHS/IRS almost always contain a gagging clause, local police generally don't because they don't really know what they are asking for.

FBI generally are quite precise, they want all data pertaining to IP 1.2.3.4, they want all signup information, all payment information, copies of all tickets/email correspondence. Sometimes they request a data seizure order that can be a visit and collect the disks or the whole server, sometimes it can be a LI which is easier to handle.

From our side, when an order is received, our counsel will call the agency's office to verify the agent works there and then speak directly to the agent; if there is any concern over the validity of the order then they will call the court and have a clerk validate the order.

Once the veracity is proven, then order is sent to the site manager who will then schedule with the agent for collection of the equipment, in the case of an LI this is handled from here under the supervision of our counsel. If the agency wants to install their own intercept, then the server's switch port is mirrored and delivered a separate rack in the datacentre where the agency can install its equipment for collecting the data. We ensure only the data using the IP under surveillance is delivered to that monitoring equipment. We do not permit any optical taps within our space.

Obviously outside of that an optical tap could be placed anywhere as could monitoring take place from our upstreams transit providers network or beyond.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Snipped

So - that's a yes?

• @MarkTurner said:
    LI

What's an LI?

• deadbeef said: What's an LI?

Lawful intercept

IThinkUFailed said: So - that's a yes?

Yes to what?

Thanked by 2deadbeef netomx
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Yes to what?

The question was

if they can confirm, that there were any investigations going on, they should have the same right to speak about it. @dcc @MarkTurner @Maounique @HostMyBytes @serverian @AutoSnipe

This discussion has been closed.