Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars

Comments

• @UrDN said:

I not gave him a second chance. why you said that?

• @matteob said:
    I'm disappointed as many on this forum, after hundreds of users have and are using happily our service, attacked us listening only part of the story and listening only the customer part. in the end I even read that i'm one man company, that i stretch all customers with arrogance, that i wrote that all let users are spammer and ddoser... funny :-)

Don't be disappointed in the forum when there's just one user causing you trouble. That would mean you would support people calling you a bad provider because of this one case. I doubt that is your intention.

Thanked by 2matteob Maounique
  • @mpkossen said:

you're right, thank you

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @matteob said:
    I not gave him a second chance. why you said that?

matteob said: I'm really sorry to for coming to this, but my patience has a limit and being considered arrogant, rude and not professional because i decided to "give a 2nd chance" to a kid, no, sorry this is too much.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    mpkossen matteob has accused a member on this forum of criminal activity (DDoSsing his control panel) without providing any proof. Is that a bannable offense?

That all depends on the circumstances. In this case I would say no. I see no reason to ban anybody here. This is a conflict between seFlow and tr1cky that I have no intentions on getting involved in unless absolutely necessary.

• i have vps from seflow, so far running vps ovh from them, no have issue for 2 month :)

i hope the problem with solve, cos seflow i know longtime them company :)

• @matteob Your so called "business" is done, dumb ass!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@tenpera said:
    matteob Your so called "business" is done, dumb ass!

Hold your horses mate.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2015

@matteob said:
    then of course I will want an apology to all the unfounded accusations that i received. We're all gentleman or not? ;-)

This will unfortunately not be possible because:

1. Client had ~50% packet loss ONLY to the end point and you said it was because his server was powered off. What?

2. Multiple people stated packet loss to your network around the same time.

3. You refused to investigate the packet loss on your network because you don't like the client that reported it.

4. You still expect us to believe that you get 50% packet loss to an IP address that supposedly is incapable of responding to any ICMP request because it's powered off.

I'm sorry but you made your bed here, now you will lie in it. Nothing that happened after that will undo these things.

I say this not in anger or hatred, I've just been watching and I saw what I just described take place. I don't like it.

• lol, Italian police - Better to not report anything at all than to them. Theres also no way to proof who attacked what, thus the investigation will be closed with exactly nothing. Wasted tax money.

• MunMun Member

Interesting read . Don't know how to feel about this .

• I call bullshit. Show tr1cky the alleged police report. Oh wait, you can't.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • MridulMridul Member
    edited October 2015

@William said:
    lol, Italian police - Better to not report anything at all than to them. Theres also no way to proof who attacked what, thus the investigation will be closed with exactly nothing. Wasted tax money.

Right. Im really puzzled how do they ( seflow ) know it was HIM ?

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @Mridul said:
    Right. Im really puzzled how do they ( seflow ) know it was HIM ?

I'd say it's more of a childish scare tactic to be honest, they've shown no professionalism in tickets at all...

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • Jar said: Client had ~50% packet loss ONLY to the end point and you said it was because his server was powered off. What?

Leaving this here for @matteob

• Next time such a similar thing happens with another provider (or even with seflow), just log in to VNC/serial console on the machine and do a traceroute/MTR in the other direction to see where the packetloss appears. Sometimes it's possible that different source IPs take different routes above the globe so you won't see any packetloss until the MTR on your PC reaches the virtual machine at seflow.

Thanked by 1tr1cky
  • matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2015

Dear Users,
    we're now able to share some more details about that issue.

Last Week we received an internation docs by interpol for a sniffing traffic request on 3 IPs that all come from one specific customer. 2 days ago some agents come in datacenter to start the 'silently operations' and sniff the traffic, this is why only that customer was affected by packet loss for some hours (and others one, like @frecyboy was affected only for some minutes on different timeframe because was another issue).

When they took all informations we was forced to power off the customer VMs and keep a copy for future investigation. The investigation appears related to cyber attacks & DDoS but we not had lot details on that. The request started from a german police with cooperation with italian Rome cybercrime department.

Customer will be contacted soon. I'm sorry if i was not able to share information, but i receive only now (under my pressure) authorization to do it.

Have good days.

• matteob said: 2 days ago some agents come in datacenter to start the 'silently operations' and sniff the traffic

court order? or you just let them?

• @matteob i think such a statement requires some form of proof

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2015

Wow. I guess then we will either read about this in the news, or not. Time will tell.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2015

@TarZZ92 said:

court, requested from italian judge under interpol request, this is why we can't oppose by that.

@gsrdgrdghd said:

We had official papers, but obviously we can't share it on a public forum. But feel free to contact "polizia postale di Roma" https://www.commissariatodips.it/profilo/contatti.html

They are the only one authorized to share that.

Regards

Thanked by 1raphaj
  • matteob said: court, requested from italian judge under interpol request, this is why we can't oppose by that.

Fair enough thank you for clarifying :)

• So the OP is under a police investigation ?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2015

@jmckeag12 said:

Yep, he is directly investigated, not something like "my server hacked". I received authorization to share that because they already took al information and should contact him soon (if they not did it already).

(we're not the only one provider that receive that request, as they said to me, he had some vm around the world and all received same request)

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited October 2015

@matteob said:
    Yep, he is directly investigated, not something like "my server hacked". I received authorization to share that because they already took al information and should contact him soon (if they not did it already).

The police authorized a provider to "share" to a public forum news about investigation regarding an individual, because ... ? lol. Sure, Italian police is 100 levels below US police but it's hard to imagine even them doing something like that. So my bet is that @matteob is just saying stories.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited October 2015

DP

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@deadbeef said:
    The police authorized a provider to "share" to a public forum news about investigation regarding an individual, because ... ? lol. Sure, Italian police is 100 levels below US police but it's hard to imagine even them doing something like that.

I have seen similar incidents where the Police have Informed the provider. and they have informed the customer. exactly the same day. If @Matteob has shared this Information. then the Police must be ready to close in on the OP. maybe they got what they needed when they was sniffing the traffic in the first place?

Even if MatteoB is not telling the truth. that I highly doubt. everyone should know very soon. Truth always comes out in the end.

Thanked by 2deadbeef GStanley
  • matteob said: (and others one, like @frecyboy was affected only for some minutes on different timeframe because was another issue).

This morning again?

• @Frecyboy said:
    This morning again?

Those agents probably forgot to sniff something and came back for round 2.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@matteob said:
    Dear Users,
    we're now able to share some more details about that issue.

Last Week we received an internation docs by interpol for a sniffing traffic request on 3 IPs that all come from one specific customer. 2 days ago some agents come in datacenter to start the 'silently operations' and sniff the traffic, this is why only that customer was affected by packet loss for some hours (and others one, like frecyboy was affected only for some minutes on different timeframe because was another issue).

When they took all informations we was forced to power off the customer VMs and keep a copy for future investigation. The investigation appears related to cyber attacks & DDoS but we not had lot details on that. The request started from a german police with cooperation with italian Rome cybercrime department.

Customer will be contacted soon. I'm sorry if i was not able to share information, but i receive only now (under my pressure) authorization to do it.

Have good days.

This doesn't explain the hostile ticket responses, blaming the customer.

Thanked by 1MacPac
This discussion has been closed.