Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seflow review - stay far away: Scammers and liars

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015

matteob said: No we're own our filtering, why online.net?

I meant I can't ping or otherwise access my dedis at online.net from your VPS currently.

edit: seems back to normal now.

• @Francisco said:

You're right and is my bad replying in a public forum.

Both provider confirming me that their applinc acl in their side. i'm waiting it. NTT seems back to normal now, we're waiting level3 to apply it

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @rm_ said:

this is standard support, please open a trouble ticket

• Francisco said: A common target is gateway ips

You remind me when I have a vps with IP something like 199.xxx.xxx.1
    Someone think that that IP were the gateway and DDosed it, and finally null routed and the provider suspended my vps and contacting me that I had an incoming DDoS

• More than 2 hours downtime today ...

http://status.qhoster.com/1649690

Is there any chance this to be fixed permanently ?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited October 2015

@qhoster said:

We're waiting l3 acl. Please don't use that forum, check our status facebook page, we're keep all customer updated.

Regards

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Hidden_Refuge said: Or he is honest and never attacked them anyway.

So matteo attacks himself leaving a lot of customers in the cold, us included? Right.

Thanked by 2Dylan ATHK
  • @Maounique said:

Would be logical to attack someone after they said that interpol are investigating against me, right?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited October 2015

Is prometeus down because they host their main site at seflow?

Edit: Nevermind, was just a few seconds, seems to be up now.

Edit2: Down again now.

Yes, to prove police can't do anything. many people believe that, otherwise would not be in this "business" and if they think about the italian police, they are right too. I do not know about the german police, i would be ready to give them more credit, but they probably despise the italians so wont do shit even if they could. You win.

• @Maounique said:
    Yes, to prove police can't do anything. many people believe that, otherwise would not be in this "business" and if they think about the italian police, they are right too. I do not know about the german police, i would be ready to give them more credit, but they probably despise the italians so wont do shit even if they could. You win.

I am not attacking anyone, I hope you at least stay professional the next time I write a ticket at prometeus.

edited October 2015

I only know a few people from here which got in my face, more or less. I do not discriminate except positively.
    That being said, leaving business aside, you can't honestly believe I will buy the story matteo attacks himself, do you? I might be romanian, but nobody is that stupid.

Thanked by 2k0nsl Dylan
  • @Maounique said:
    I only know a few people from here which got in my face, more or less. I do not discriminate except positively.

But you imply that I attack seflow right now.

edited October 2015

Yes, that is the most logical explanation, however, until I see attacks coming from your VPSes, you are innocent regarding our relation.
    I do not make any accusation, but between the story matteo attacks himself, a coincidence and you attacking him, i think the latter has a lot more chances to be true. Simple logic.
    If you were in my position, what would you think this looks like?

• Or this thread attracted a lot of people that are not on seflow's side?

I guess I then could also assume the attacks on my website were caused by @matteob because he doesn't like me? Let's fill a police report :D

• tr1cky said: Or this thread attracted a lot of people that are not on seflow's side?

That's logical.

Thanked by 2deadbeef ATHK
  • Well, LET is notorious for inducing attacks. That's the reason a lot of providers stopped posting offers here. It doesn't need to be @tr1cky in this case, and it probably would be very stupid of him to try to do something like this at the moment while probably under surveillance.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @tr1cky IIRC @matteob wanted to provide proof today, did you receive any?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited October 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    tr1cky IIRC matteob wanted to provide proof today, did you receive any?

Nope

• LeeLee Veteran

Maounique said: I might be romanian, but nobody is that stupid.

Hmm, tough one.

Thanked by 2Infinity netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

Stupidity would not have been my stereotype when it comes to Romanians anyway.
    Hospitality would be something that comes to my mind and the skill to make something golden out of something shitty if necessary.

Thanked by 2Maounique Infinity

Amitz said: Stupidity would not have been my stereotype

Nobody's perfect, there are odd people which do not think all romanians are thieves, beggars and stupid. They will come tot heir senses, all that propaganda cannot be for nothing.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

I remember not too long ago posting Looking Glass. and someone tried to hit it. And they failed. started @ Couple Gbit and peaked at just over 10Gbit. is Seflow really down due to a DDoS Against their equipment. that is Funny.. I don't get why people on LET think it is funny to attack other providers websites.

This is why I won't use a Provider unless they have Filtering.

You can be sure the attack is way higher than 10 Gbit, we have experts here controlling big botnets.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NexHostNexHost Member
    edited October 2015

@Maounique said:
    You can be sure the attack is way higher than 10 Gbit, we have experts here controlling big botnets.

It might be a Botnet.

How ever I have been subject to a 15-30Gbit flood that had 30-50Mpps. and it did nothing to the provider I use. Largest is up to 60Gbit. again did nothing.

135,426.0% of 30 Kpps
     15.7 Gbps, 40.6 Mpps

Well, seflow is not voxility, nor ovh.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@jmckeag12 said:

>
    >

I'm sure this is Global Frag.

Arbor Peakflow or a clustered configuration of Arbor devices can easily mitigate high intensity attacks based on my experience. The cost of obtaining and maintaining the equipment is incredibly high (for any small organisation anyway). A datacentre or corporation could sustain the cost though.

However, any mitigation system will depend on the bandwidth capacity available for filtering.

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • @deployvm said:

I'm aware of the difference between the type of setup that Seflow has compared to what I have access to.

I am just shocked given the amount of people I have come across saying that Seflow have great filtering.

• jmckeag12 said: again did nothing.

It's the cuteness factor that protects you... ;-)

Thanked by 1NexHost

deployvm said: The cost of obtaining and maintaining the equipment is incredibly high (for any small organisation anyway). A datacentre or corporation could sustain the cost though.

A DC/Corporation can make own system, where there are billions to spend...
    I meant seflow is not that big to afford huge infrastructure and bandwidth, so, a medium botnet can create serious issues.

Thanked by 1deployvm
This discussion has been closed.