Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated) - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated)

Comments

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited June 2015

Strange! My Dual L5420 is indeed charging $2.50 for the /29. Need to check with sales about that.

Edit: Actually my 1385 is now also showing $2.50 for the /29. This was not what I agreed to and paid for. Must be a glitch in their system.

• @tomle said:
    Strange! My Dual L5420 is indeed charging $2.50 for the /29. Need to check with sales about that.

Edit: Actually my 1385 is now also showing $2.50 for the /29. This was not what I agreed to and paid for. Must be a glitch in their system.

I submitted a ticket for the same issue a few days ago, this is the reply i've got:

Thanked by 2catalystium tomle
  • That's interesting. They told @vimalware that they've started charging $2.5 for converting to a /29.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

and what about the different bandwidth rates...

• @agentmishra said:
    and what about the different bandwidth rates...

What are you talking about? Reduced bandwidth charges for high end plans?

• @Droidzone said:
    That's interesting. They told @vimalware that they've started charging $2.5 for converting to a /29.

Yup. ordered 1385 on may23, requested /29 'swap' the next day.

Guess I just missed the honeymoon period.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Bandwidth went from +$10 for 10TB to +$50, quite steep. Though I guess that if you already had selected the +10TB option for $10 you'd keep that as well.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

There are indeed some different bandwidth options on different servers, and the /29 adds cost on some models now.

The amazing deals on some of these servers are closeout deals, there are thousands of servers, but we are renting hundreds per week. Get them while you still can.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @dacentec said:
    and the /29 adds cost on some models now.

>

Any <=$25 servers without the extra $2.5 fee?

Why buy one dedi when you can build a redundant cluster... :D

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

@vimalware - Yes there are.

• @dacentec said:
    vimalware - Yes there are.

May I know which one? :)
    Anyway, any IPv6?
    Thanks.

• @Wira_Soenaryo said:
    Thanks.

Yes, IPv6 is supported and free of charge.

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2015

Wira_Soenaryo said: Anyway, any IPv6? Thanks.

Open a support ticket, they got me hooked up with a /48 for free - they'll just let you know it's still in beta

• @dacentec Do you use the Intel DC series for ssd drive option
    (240GB mystery ssd) ?

• vimalware said: @dacentec Do you use the Intel DC series for ssd drive option

(240GB mystery ssd) ?

Mine is using a Crucial M500.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited June 2015

I saw they had some more of those $20 machines.

The

Supermicro 6-bay Opteron 1381 8GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only 8GB 2x2TB $20

says it comes with 10TB bandwidth and 1gbit port. shrug 3000 benchmark on passmark is plenty fine for me. Maybe I can finally move off Hetzner.

(ed: also the Supermicro Opteron 1385 16GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only 16GB 2x2TB for $25 that some other ppl are talking about on this thread... or those godawfully slow 2xL5420's, for $40/mo... those things should all be binned... and stay there)

• @zevus said:
    I saw they had some more of those $20 machines.

The

Supermicro 6-bay Opteron 1381 8GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only 8GB 2x2TB $20

says it comes with 10TB bandwidth and 1gbit port. shrug 3000 benchmark on passmark is plenty fine for me. Maybe I can finally move off Hetzner.

(ed: also the Supermicro Opteron 1385 16GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only 16GB 2x2TB for $25 that some other ppl are talking about on this thread... or those godawfully slow 2xL5420's, for $40/mo... those things should all be binned... and stay there)

Are the opteron 1385s that bad? Looking to get my first dedi and was looking at that.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited June 2015

Oh, I think the Opteron 1385 should be fine. It's 4 cores and not hyperthreaded and gets a 3000 on passmark benchmark. That's not too shabby. It's in Passmark's 'High Mid Range CPUs' (and closer to the top than the bottom). It's solid.

ed: let me rephrase. the l5420, people pay too much for it, when it is a 5th or 6th gen product. performance wise per core, i think it'd be similar to the opteron 1385.

ed2: aha! here's cpu boss - http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-L5420-vs-AMD-Opteron-1385

• sinsin Member

@pieman103021 said:
    Are the opteron 1385s that bad? Looking to get my first dedi and was looking at that.

I have the Opteron 1381 server and I love it

• gonggogonggo Member

is that for single L5420?

• SadySady Member

@gonggo said:
    is that for single L5420?

Yap!

• Single Opteron 1385 - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Quad-Core+AMD+Opteron+1385

Dual L5420 - https://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+L5420+@+2.50GHz&amp;id=1259&amp;cpuCount=2

On another note, shoutout to @dacentec support. First drive started to fail after initial install, they swapped it out for a brand new one in ~20 mins

• wychwych Member

I do like 90s ticket responses.

• FredQcFredQc Member

@zevus said:
    Oh, I think the Opteron 1385 should be fine. It's 4 cores and not hyperthreaded and gets a 3000 on passmark benchmark. That's not too shabby. It's in Passmark's 'High Mid Range CPUs' (and closer to the top than the bottom). It's solid.

ed: let me rephrase. the l5420, people pay too much for it, when it is a 5th or 6th gen product. performance wise per core, i think it'd be similar to the opteron 1385.

ed2: aha! here's cpu boss - http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-L5420-vs-AMD-Opteron-1385

Dacentec rent Dual L5420 and as far as I can see they are very good servers for the price...

Dell 2xL5420 16GB 2X2TB @ $30 /mo can't go wrong!

• 2xL5420's are still powerhouses in my opinion.

• 5420's do well enough, especially for their price. A friend has quite a heavily modded minecraft server running on one, everyone extremely late game, dozen's of dimensions and it still soldier's on. Can't express how pleased I am with it.

• zevuszevus Member

Well, you got me there, 2xL5420 for $30/mo, yeah, go for it.

I see that all those servers are gone now, maybe I should have grabbed more than just one. ponder

• @zevus said:
    I see that all those servers are gone now, maybe I should have grabbed more than just one. ponder

Don't stress, I'm sure they have more, they seem to release them in blocks - probably as they fill a rack or something. Check early morning in EST timezone and you'll probably see them pop up again.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Damn! Do you know when the $20/m ones are coming back?