Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated) - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated)

Comments

• Yes, dacentec support rocks. I love that they're extremely quick with replies. They replaced both my hard drives recently to troubleshoot an issue.

@dacentec, the only beef I have with you is how you've increased prices of ipv4s. It isn't by much, but doesn't seem fair to increase prices when you've started to become popular.

Once again, I reiterate. This seems to be one of the best companies I've been with so far. Just hope that success doesn't get to them.

• Droidzone said: Yes, dacentec support rocks.

+1k

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

@droidzone, we still offer free /29 upgrades on some models. There wouldn't be ipv4 for anyone if we hadn't brought the price up for those cheap servers.

Thanks again everyone, there aren't many 1381 and 1385 servers left. Get them while you still can and let us show you how our staff, network and service perform.

We try hard not to let our success ever get to us. On the very remote chance that you aren't completely happy with us, you are protected by:

• Cancel anytime, no notice period or cancellation fees.
    • New and old customers can order any deal or special, no lockouts.
    • One of the most generous refund policies in the industry - 7 days for accounts without SPAM or abuse.
  • DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited June 2015

@dacentec said:
    droidzone, we still offer free /29 upgrades on some models. There wouldn't be ipv4 for anyone if we hadn't brought the price up for those cheap servers.

I can understand the reason behind the decision. But it didn't seem reasonable that you're asked to pay more for your current ips when you upgrade from the existing server to a higher priced one. I feel that my existing ip allocation should've been freely moved to the new server.

• elgselgs Member

Just ordered one, fingers crossed.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Does Dacentec offer DDoS filtered/protected IP's? (For there Dedi servers)

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • Soon™

• sinsin Member

Dillybob said: Does Dacentec offer DDoS filtered/protected IP's? (For there Dedi servers)

They do not although I think they said they might do ddos protection in the future

• LeeLee Veteran

I ordered one too to see what their network and service is like.

Thanked by 1Dillybob
    edited June 2015

Lee said: I ordered one too to see what their network and service is like.

Nice! I'm interested in a small review of them as well. I'm just bummed that no filtered ip is available.

I don't want to buy a dedi server and have some kid run LOIC with udp flooding and get me suspended :( Although, I would use their servers through a tunnel maybe, dependent on your review ^_^

• @Dillybob said:
    I don't want to buy a dedi server and have some kid run LOIC with udp flooding and get me suspended :( Although, I would use their servers through a tunnel maybe, dependent on your review ^_^

Then use ddos protected server. I think

• GRE tunnel from Atlanta should be decent possibly

Dillybob said: Nice! I'm interested in a small review of them as well. I'm just bummed that no filtered ip is available.

I don't want to buy a dedi server and have some kid run LOIC with udp flooding and get me suspended :( Although, I would use their servers through a tunnel maybe, dependent

on your review ^_^

We are DDoS protected, you might lose an IP for a while if you get attacked. DDoS Filtering is coming as soon as we get a few more bits together.

There have been over the years a few cases with super DDoS targets who have been asked to leave, but generally we stop the DDoS and there is no penalty on the customer aside from temporarily losing the attacked IP.

A lot of people use black lotus, staminus, cloudflare and the other usual providers in combination with our service today.

edited June 2015

dacentec said: We are DDoS protected, you might lose an IP for a while if you get attacked. DDoS Filtering is coming as soon as we get a few more bits together.

Awwww awesome! I just didn't see the protected part when viewing the packages or browsing the site! Thanks for your response though, I'll definitely be a buyer in the future :) The prices are just incredible :P.

• SadySady Member

@dacentec Dacentec's website is down :(

edited June 2015

Sady said: @dacentec Dacentec's website is down :(

Up here, did take 39 ~ seconds to load tho.

Edit: Nvm down here
    http://i.gyazo.com/319772aedbfe66f01bde77e2f0bdae96.png

• sinsin Member

Sady said: @dacentec Dacentec's website is down :(

They've been getting hit with attacks while their offers/thread here has been going on so sometimes there site goes down or gets slow but it's usually not for long.

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • Was over half a day one time lol

Yep, it seems like not everybody loves our deals...

• wychwych Member

@dacentec said:

It just means you have the attention of rival businesses, and its one of the costs of dealing with LET, the LowEndDDoS... ;)

• LowEndOrbitCannon

• @dacentec said:

I hate your deals and your support. That's why I bought a Dual L5420 2x2TB after your support responded to me in one minute and reactivated my account... /s

Seriously though. Did a couple speedtests and have it scheduled in to be setup as my backup server in a day or two.

Thanks for these deals ;D

I know of a few who have picked em up and been VERY impressed.

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • edufeduf Member

Nobody using this servers with SSD disks? They are brand new, old, fast??
    @dacentec No promotions with ssd?

We have SSD servers. We don't really do 'promotions' as there is no way to further promote 'amazing'.

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@dacentec said:
    We don't really do 'promotions' as there is no way to further promote 'amazing'.

This can easily be a punchline for a fortune 500 brand , very nicely put :)

• SadySady Member

@dacentec said:
    We have SSD servers. We don't really do 'promotions' as there is no way to further promote 'amazing'.

Still we'll appreciate some deals having 2x SSDs.

edited June 2015

dacentec said: We have SSD servers. We don't really do 'promotions' as there is no way to further promote 'amazing'.

LOL. Might buy a fucking server just because of this comment. That was awesome.

• edufeduf Member

@Sady said:
    Still we'll appreciate some deals having 2x SSDs.

:)
    ssds are more expensive than the server itself. Maybe some deal with upfront or setup fee.

• There was this one provider I used awhile ago that allowed you to buy the HDD or SSD plus a Slight markup and it was a one time fee. The price didn't go up monthly. You also paid a small 8$USD fee upfront to return the drive to you if you ever stopped paying monthly. It was nice. 40USD a month for a decent e3 and I owned the 3 2tb drives in it and didnt have to pay monthly for those upgrades. Other providers would charge 20+ extra a month each drive...

I would love to see this. The markup plus the upfront return shipping is nothing compared to not paying monthly for it lol.

• zevuszevus Member

@Droidzone said:
    Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the Dell 2xL5420 16GB 2X2TB Rent Only, as I'm not sure whether colocation costs would make it worthwhile to own one.

Their cheapest colo config is $40/mo, so I guess only the things like e3-1230v2 or w/e, would make sense keeping there as colo.

Curious, what would the shipping charge be for a typical 2xL5420 setup to the contiguous 48 states, anyway?

btw, unsure if they ran out of $20, $25, etc., offers earlier, but I see a bunch up there right now.