Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated) - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated)

Comments

• sinsin Member

eduf said: :) ssds are more expensive than the server itself. Maybe some deal with upfront or setup fee.

On the server I purchased I could upgrade 2TB harddrive to a 240GB SSD for only $10 or for RAID you could pay $20 for 2x 240GB SSDs - I didn't go for it because I'm getting great performance with the 2TB disk in my server right now.

• cygnicygni Member

Picked up one Dell 2xL5420 16GB 2X2TB Rent Only, $30/m which includes a /29 ipv4 (5 usable) and /48 ipv6 blocks. Support is amazingly responsive!

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5420 @ 2.50GHz Number of cores : 8 CPU frequency : 2003.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 16084 MB Total amount of swap : 15255 MB System uptime : 5:06, Download speed from CacheFly: 78.3MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 10.4MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 58.7MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.54MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 18.8MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 4.89MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.50MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 5.72MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 29.3MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 66.0MB/s I/O speed : 121 MB/s

smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep "Power_On" 9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 116

smartctl -a /dev/sdb | grep "Power_On" 9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 051 051 000 Old_age Always - 36222

Considering another...

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

Can't say I have had the same experience. I ordered the same server as the one above, it's been pending since 22nd and had nothing since. Sent in a cancellation, got better experiences elsewhere.

• cygni said: Picked up one Dell 2xL5420 16GB 2X2TB Rent Only, $30/m which includes a /29 ipv4 (5 usable)

It doesnt include a /29. Does it?

• Offer from last few days, and last month does include free /29 with justification.

• @smile93 said:
    Offer from last few days, and last month does include free /29 with justification.

Right now it's for an additional charge.

• sinsin Member

andrewn said: Right now it's for an additional charge.

It depends on which one you order, some still have the free /29

• MrVPSMrVPS Member

Intresting! Someone client for 12+ months with them? Any honest review?

• cygnicygni Member
    edited June 2015

@Droidzone said:
    It doesnt include a /29. Does it?

It is possible I am among the last to have gotten a /29 (with justification) and newer purchases may or will incur additional monthly fee. Service was ordered 2015/06/23.

edit: What @sin stated is accurate, depending on which package, for now, a /29 (with justification) is still included without additional charge. The /29 is $2.50/m for none qualifying packages, which translates to $0.50 per IP.

Thanked by 1sin
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

20TB bandwidth + $50
    100 mbit/s unmetered + $20

Got to love illogical pricing >:(

Thanked by 1Scottsman
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

4n0nx said: 20TB bandwidth + $50 100 mbit/s unmetered + $20

Got to love illogical pricing >:(

20TB allows you to burst up to 1 Gbps, 100 Mbps unmetered does not. 20TB could end up costing the provider much more based on 95th percentile (which is how all of the transit providers bill).

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@dacentec will you be offering opteron 16gb again?

• sinsin Member

raza19 said: @dacentec will you be offering opteron 16gb again?

Most likely, just keep checking out their site, I see that in stock often

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

We are analyzing our bandwidth prices vs. how the market has changed in the last couple years.

Those 16gb opterons, and the 1381s are back.

• indexiaindexia Member
    edited June 2015

fast response for tech support.
    got one of 1381 with better disk.

[root@dc ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 1381
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2500.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 7870 MB
    Total amount of swap : 7999 MB
    System uptime :   5 min,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 93.1MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 13.4MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 67.4MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 11.3MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 14.4MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 52.7MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.73MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 30.7MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 30.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 23.9MB/s 
    I/O speed :  132 MB/s

*edit : add pre

• sinsin Member

dacentec said: Those 16gb opterons, and the 1381s are back.

Ugh I'm so tempted to pickup that 16GB one to replace my 8GB

• aldothetrollaldothetroll Member
    edited June 2015

@Winne said:
    I was thinking about getting a server from Dacentec, but I ran a few tests with their test files and the speed seems to be really low.

Anyone can try http://mirror.dacentec.com/1000MB.bin ?

wget mirror.dacentec.com/1000MB.bin

--2015-06-29 09:20:15-- http://mirror.dacentec.com/1000MB.bin

Resolving mirror.dacentec.com... 199.191.56.90

Connecting to mirror.dacentec.com|199.191.56.90|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 1000000000 (954M) [application/octet-stream]

Saving to: “1000MB.bin”

100%[====================================>] 1,000,000,000 111M/s in 8.9s

2015-06-29 09:20:24 (107 MB/s) - “1000MB.bin” saved [1000000000/1000000000]

• sinsin Member

Man I went ahead and bought one of those Opteron 1385 16GB for $25/month too - can't wait until it's setup :)

Thanked by 1dacentec
  • @sin said:
    Man I went ahead and bought one of those Opteron 1385 16GB for $25/month too - can't wait until it's setup :)

Got the 1381 & 8GB is pretty good. Wanting to upgrade to 1385 but they wont let me swap the disks to the new server :(

Thanked by 2dacentec sin
  • sinsin Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Got the 1381 & 8GB is pretty good. Wanting to upgrade to 1385 but they wont let me swap the disks to the new server :(

Yeah that's what I have the 1381 and it's just been fantastic along with the great support so I gave it some thought and decided to pickup the 1385 with the extra 8GB, figured that for only an extra $5/month I might as well scoop it up.

Maybe you could buy the 1385 and just rsync over all your data?

• @sin said:

Could, but would be much nicer to have disks moved as they are OpenVZ servers,

• sinsin Member

Sweet, got my server delivered in 2 hours...disk 2 checks out okay but for some reason a smartctl short test on disk 1 is taking forever...

• HUGE SHOUTOUT to @dacentec and their staff (Josh, William, Chris, Jesse, Adam, Steven, Ernest) and any other unlucky bastard that has had to deal with my IP & KVM requests. Good job guys sure as to hell will be getting an upgrade soon :)

Thanked by 3Scottsman dacentec sin
  • cygnicygni Member
    edited June 2015

@dacentec said:
    We are analyzing our bandwidth prices vs. how the market has changed in the last couple years.

Hopefully it is towards unmetered or at least more than quadrupling the currently allowed. :)

• sinsin Member

TinyTunnel_Tom said: HUGE SHOUTOUT to @dacentec and their staff (Josh, William, Chris, Jesse, Adam, Steven, Ernest) and any other unlucky bastard that has had to deal with my IP & KVM requests. Good job guys sure as to hell will be getting an upgrade soon :)

They really are amazing, Chris and Steven are the ones that usually reply to my tickets and they're always so fast and helpful. I can open a support ticket, go get a cup of coffee, and by the time I'm back at my computer the ticket is already in-progress or they've replied.

• wychwych Member

@cygni said:
    Hopefully it is towards unmetered or at least more than quadrupling the currently allowed. :)

you mad?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @wych said:
    you mad?

just reasonable

• @sin said:

Depends when i message them. Cant ask for much better.

Thanked by 1sin
  • dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

The last 10 of the 1381 just went up. There might be a few from cancellations here and there but they are effectively gone.

• cygnicygni Member
    edited June 2015

@wych said:
    you mad?

Here is a comparison of fairly similar configurations:

dacentec.com | online.net | soyoustart.com

CPU: 2XL5420 (8 Cores/Threads) | 1XC2750 (8 Cores/Threads) | 1XW3520 (4 Cores/8 Threads)
    RAM: 16GB DDR2 | 8GB DDR3  | 16GB DDR3
    Storage: 2X2TB | 1X1TB (100GB FTP Included) | 2X2TB (100GB FTP Included)
    IPV4: 5 | 5 | 5
    IPV6: /48 | /48 | /64
    Traffic: 10TB | Unmetered | Unmetered
    DDOS Protection: Yes (?) | Yes | Yes
    Cost: $30/m | $27/m | $42/m
    Setup Fee: $0 | $22 | $81

Support: + | 0 | -

In response to the comment that they were analyzing their traffic offers, it's not unreasonable to suggest unmetered or quadrupling current bandwidth; it was more an optimistic wish. 10TB/m traffic limit translates to roughly 4MB/s or 32Mb/s, and while doubtful that most people will use more than that amount of traffic per month, there are certain use cases where 10TB can go rather quickly.

Dacentec is already awesome, especially when you factor in their support, but why settle for awesome when you can become awesomer?! I say aim higher. :)