Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated) - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dacentec offers (dedicated)

Comments

• sinsin Member

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    they only have 1 server in stock lmao

Yeah but maybe it's a dedicated server made of gold with a cpu fan made of diamonds :)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@dacentec, got one now. Awaiting delivery =)

• Must be selling tons to keep running out of IP space :-P

• RizRiz Member

A couple more cheap ones in stock currently.

• bohdansbohdans Member

@dacentec unfortunately had to cancel mine :(
    Could not get speeds above 500k/s to Australia :(

• RurikoRuriko Member

I'm still waiting for the $25 16GB RAM stock :(

• chiezyychiezyy Member

@bohdans said:
    dacentec unfortunately had to cancel mine :(
    Could not get speeds above 500k/s to Australia :(

where are the servers located?

• SirusSirus Member

North Carolina is their DC.

Anyone know when they'll be adding more?

• @Sirus said:
    North Carolina is their DC.

Anyone know when they'll be adding more?

Keep checking throughout the day. They usually add stock a couple times a day.

@dacentec: I was a client back in 2012 and I tried to login to my account today and it's "Closed" is this some sort of personal thing against me as I stopped using your services or is it just standard procedure for inactive accounts?

Was considering using your servers for a backup service in future but if it's a personal thing I understand and wish you luck in future and it's nice to see you're still going strong.

Also does Josh J still work there? One of the most bad ass last names I've ever heard.

• I have to comment that Dacentec support has been very helpful and cordial. Earlier this month, I'd purchased a DelimiterVPS dedicated as well. Delimiter doesn't support SWIPing IPs. Dacentec not only SWIPs IPs, they were also helpful and supportive while creating ARIN records. Even with the increased price of converting a /30 to /29, I have a feeling that it's going to be a long and pleasant relationship. If it werent for the installation charges I paid upfront for a couple of Online.net servers, I would have terminated them and bought another Dacentec.

• You wouldn't think Dacentec support would be that good considering the price, but they are definitely helpful and go above and beyond to help :-).

• wychwych Member

IThinkUFailed said: @dacentec: I was a client back in 2012 and I tried to login to my account today and it's "Closed" is this some sort of personal thing against me as I stopped using your services or is it just standard procedure for inactive accounts?

Did they use HostBill when you were a client, maybe your data didn't get migrated?

• @Ruriko said:
    I'm still waiting for the $25 16GB RAM stock :(

I was lucky to get an Opteron 1385 with 16 GB RAM a week or two ago. If you pay for a quarter up-front it even boiled down to 23,33 USD/month

I fully agree: support is fast, friendy and helpful.

• @wych said:
    Did they use HostBill when you were a client, maybe your data didn't get migrated?

Yes. I just think it's because I've not logged in or bought services for 3 and a half years heh.

(I never had any non-payments though.)

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

@IThinkUFailed - email support and ask for your account to be re-activated.

More servers are up, get 'em while they are hot.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Cheap ones are back!

• @dacentec said:
    IThinkUFailed - email support and ask for your account to be re-activated.

More servers are up, get 'em while they are hot.

Did, account reactivated. Thanks.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Cheap ones are back!

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Strange I can't edit my post above. Think they got their new IP allocation, loads of servers available now.

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • SadySady Member

$25.00 ones are back, be hurry ;)

• I snagged a $30 L5420 earlier, which is going to replace my $35/mo X5140 (sorry @dacentec, too good to resist). Hopefully they'll let me move my /29 from the other server, I made a request in the order.

Kinda regretting my colo'd box now, $40/mo to colo an L5420 vs $30 to rent.

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2015

Missed out after ticketing asking about some drives additional drives :(

Tech support replied in minutes about a live query, sales still need to give me a response...

Plenty available.

• wychwych Member

dacentec said: Plenty available.

Will hopefully pick a couple up ;)

• Where i can find dacentec IP Info to test ping ?

http://mirror.dacentec.com/ - 199.191.56.90

• @mikeyur said:
    I snagged a $30 L5420 earlier, which is going to replace my $35/mo X5140 (sorry dacentec, too good to resist). Hopefully they'll let me move my /29 from the other server, I made a request in the order.

Kinda regretting my colo'd box now, $40/mo to colo an L5420 vs $30 to rent.

What I was thinking, got a colo'd server as well but with these cheap ones I might pull it out.

• jenokjenok Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

From Taiwan

9 r11-pa.us.hinet.net (202.39.83.45) 158.887 ms 159.474 ms 160.845 ms

10 xe-7-3-3.edge1.sanjose2.level3.net (4.59.0.209) 162.108 ms 175.703 ms 161.841 ms

11 * * *

12 centrilogic.ear1.atlanta2.level3.net (4.16.60.206) 247.596 ms 307.188 ms 306.541 ms

13 dct-cr01--v51.dacentec.com (199.255.156.53) 233.308 ms 235.288 ms 247.547 ms

From Shanghai

11 202.97.90.114 (202.97.90.114) 173.862 ms 173.825 ms 269.702 ms

12 xe-8-2-3.edge2.SanJose3.Level3.net (4.53.210.209) 195.201 ms * *

13 * * *

14 4.16.60.206 (4.16.60.206) 207.046 ms * 270.699 ms

15 dct-cr01--v51.dacentec.com (199.255.156.53) 264.423 ms 327.337 ms 294.849 ms

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@dacentec

why is it that, the bandwidth price is different for different servers and also some servers come with free/29 but some have a paid subnet...

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

@agentmishra said:

Was wondering the same thing.

Thanked by 1agentmishra