Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[France] Dedi Atom510 4Gb 1Tb 5.33$/Month limited 50first orders - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[France] Dedi Atom510 4Gb 1Tb 5.33$/Month limited 50first orders

Comments

• Think DD windows system is not connected to the rear DD reboot.

• shdkpr2008shdkpr2008 Member
    edited March 2015

Looks like its ended. When will it be restocked. If any guy reselling it pm.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello everyone,

@fan thank you for your comment :)

@jiyueye i did not understood your messages there is a rescue mode.

@tonywonghs sorry there's no more but we are planning sthg stay tuned ;) just pm you

@hotsnow ip is to be manually assigned

• tomzutomzu Member

@Ikoula I'm also interested to get one. Would be great to hear from you :)

@tomzu There is no date but we are working on sthg i'll come back to you soon.

• PerttiPertti Member
    edited March 2015

Order process was quite messy, managed to get one thou :P My server:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525   @ 1.80GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  1799.864 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 3949 MB
    Total amount of swap : 3071 MB

Model Family:     Hitachi Ultrastar 7K1000
    Device Model:     Hitachi HUA721010KLA330
    User Capacity:    1,000,204,886,016 bytes [1.00 TB]

9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   096   096   000    Old_age   Always       -       29503

• seems the last orders have got better cpu/disks :p

• thanks, this method being confirmed working on my local test environment, and also working on online.net server, but can't working on Ikoula server, it's strange, perhaps because the GPT disk partition which Ikoula currently use?

• A general query now the ordering has settled down, has anyone successfully installed openvpn, or anything else using the tun driver on the installed vintage of Debian? I get an error doing a 'modprobe tun' 'Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)'.

Other reports of this problem seem to relate to mismatches between the kernel and the tun module around this vintage of kernel release, but I can't see where I could have got the mismatch from. If others have tun working OK it must be me, otherwise I'll wait for a stable release kernel update.

• earlearl Member

@hotsnow said:
    thanks, this method being confirmed working on my local test environment, and also working on online.net server, but can't working on Ikoula server, it's strange, perhaps because the GPT disk partition which Ikoula currently use?

I did the centos remote install on vmware and that works fine, maybe try that with your ikoula server, if that works then technically the debian should work as well.

• earl said:

thanks, well, does anyone have already tried centos / debian install on Ikoula? :p

• @hotsnow said:

Not know much about GPT and I just failed to install CentOS, anyone interested could refer this page which maybe helpful:
    http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/164289/how-to-remote-install-centos-rhel-7-using-a-rescue-image-like-grml

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Ikoula Nice job filling all the (more then 50) orders. Based on the comments here it looks like my order was in the 30's, but after verification was provisioned in the 70's. The fact that you still delivered the server as advertised makes me think from the start that you are a conscience provider, and deserve all the positive comments that are sure to follow.

I am happy with the server you delivered, at a great price, and I am looking forward to your next offer.

@FrankZ As i said friday we tried to make all of you happy.
    We worked very hard but your message is a quiet good reward :)

• Successfully installed Ubuntu 14.04
    Thanks @hotsnow, GPT was the pitfall. I managed to boot the Ubuntu kernel and then installed the system over SSH (network-console). Inside the menuentry of grub, this was essential

insmod part_gpt set root='(hd0,gpt2)' search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root d1354e1f-f9e8-4f12-bff2-3a8a15bca57a

I will post a full tutorial later, if anyone is interested.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited March 2015

@raphaj said:
    Successfully installed Ubuntu 14.04
    Thanks hotsnow, GPT was the pitfall. I managed to boot the Ubuntu kernel and then installed the system over SSH (network-console). Inside the menuentry of grub, this was essential

insmod part_gpt set root='(hd0,gpt2)' search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root d1354e1f-f9e8-4f12-bff2-3a8a15bca57a

I will post a full tutorial later, if anyone is interested.

I remember these lines are already exist in the original grub.cfg, I have generated the two new kernel files and put them in /boot/, then modified the grub.cfg, only modified the "linux" and "initrd" to point to the new files, but after reboot, can't ping the ip address :(

may I ask can you pm me your preseed.cfg and grub.cfg? thanks.

• raphajraphaj Member
    edited March 2015

No problem to post this here. No explanation at all, for those who can't wait.
    menuentry "NetbootMini" { insmod part_gpt set root='(hd0,gpt2)' search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root d1354e1f-f9e8-4f12-bff2-3a8a15bca57a linux /linux_netboot auto=true priority=critical file=/preseed.cfg anna/choose_modules=network-console preseed/early_command='anna-install network-console' network-console/password=**<yourpassword>** network-console/password-again=**<yourpassword>** netcfg/choose_interface=auto netcfg/get_hostname=ubuntu netcfg/disable_autoconfig=true netcfg/get_ipaddress=**<yourikoula_ip>** netcfg/get_netmask=255.255.255.0 netcfg/get_gateway=**<yourikoula_gw>** netcfg/get_nameservers=8.8.8.8 netcfg/confirm_static=true initrd /initrd_netboot }
    Replace all **<...>** values. The mentioned preseed.cfg does not exists. It has to be stated there anyway.

Thanked by 3fan yywudi hotsnow
  • yywudiyywudi Member
    edited March 2015

@raphaj said:

thanks, that must be very useful for me as I also want to re-install the OS to ubuntu.
    and appreciate if you could post a tutorial

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited March 2015

@raphaj said:

I haven't tried ubuntu, just only tried debian 7.8 (although the original os is already 7.8), but failed, it's strange, because I have also tried on Online.net 2euro servers, it's successful, I don't know why it can't working on Ikoula :(

• raphajraphaj Member
    edited March 2015

Here you go. A full tutorial https://john.is/installing-ubuntu-14-04-on-ikoula-com-green-fish/

Let me know if anything worked.

Thanked by 2hotsnow yywudi
  • very good and clear, thanks :p

@raphaj thank you for producing this tutorial.

• @Ikoula said:
    raphaj thank you for producing this tutorial.

will it be available in the future?

• BenjyBenjy Member

In case people are wondering about IPv6 reverse, they can delegate the range to your desired nameservers.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • Nice tutorial, I prefer CentOS myselft, any solutions or advice , thank you

Hello guys,

@Sakura could you rephrase please because i am not sure of what you're asking.

To all who are still reading we are working on the next offer and i'd like to know what is the most important for you ? do you want more ram ? a bigger cpu ? more disk space ?

Any feedback is apreciated :)

• @Ikoula said:
    Hello guys,

To all who are still reading we are working on the next offer and i'd like to know what is the most important for you ? do you want more ram ? a bigger cpu ? more disk space ?

Any feedback is apreciated :)

Hardware if fine, just add more OS options :)

RAID would also be a nice feature (or more than one HD).

@jarcem noted :)

• ArchieArchie Member
    edited March 2015

For anyone interested, I just wrote a script to simply install CentOS on the server.

1. "netboot" from the control panel and wait until the server auto reboot to "netboot" mode

2. wget http://107.191.62.118/ikoula/install-centos-x86_64-on-ikoula.sh and run

3. reboot and enjoy

NOTE:

a. This script will discard all data in the disk so please make sure to backup your data in advance.

b. Please backup the script and the raw file for future usage, my server will be shutdown in a few days

c. The image takes about 9G space. I do not have time to improve this script yet, after installation you should resize the partition to fully use the disk or make new partitions and mount them.

Thanks for everyone helping me build this, wish it can be helpful for you

Thanked by 3edan yingchun jarcem

@Archie Thank you very much for your contribution :)