Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[France] Dedi Atom510 4Gb 1Tb 5.33$/Month limited 50first orders - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[France] Dedi Atom510 4Gb 1Tb 5.33$/Month limited 50first orders

Comments

• edanedan Member
    edited March 2015

@heloveu said:
    there's no link or button can open a ticket? just have live chat but no people response. After I click reset it seems back to new like just delivery ,the problem is root password is not same with the password that I have changed to, I also used password form the delivery info of email also failed. In a word, now I can not connect ssh,don't know how to change OS. my god!

Just email with clear subject to support at ikoula.com and it will generate an automatic ticket for you.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

edan said: Just email with clear subject to support at ikoula.com and it will generate an automatic ticket for you.

Why do you think they will support his dd'ing of a kidechire image onto an entirely different hardware?

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • edanedan Member

@rm_ said:
    Why do you think they will support his dd'ing of a kidechire image onto an entirely different hardware?

I don't have kidechire so not realized it :)

• @edan said:
    Just email with clear subject to support at ikoula.com and it will generate an automatic ticket for you.

I already do this, waiting for reply ,thank you!
    I hope someone who changed OS successfully could share his/her experience, it will help more people .

• Hi, I'm back, I have something to share with you, if you clicked 'Reset' in the Control Panel then can not connect to server by SSH, the point is: you must type the password which Ikoula send you a email include delivery info MANUALLY, if you paste maybe like me can not connect it. Oh, I use Xshell 5.0, I don't know the problem is ssh client or not?

• edited March 2015

@heloveu said:
    Hi, I'm back, I have something to share with you, if you clicked 'Reset' in the Control Panel then can not connect to server by SSH, the point is: you must type the password which Ikoula send you a email include delivery info MANUALLY, if you paste maybe like me can not connect it. Oh, I use Xshell 5.0, I don't know the problem is ssh client or not?

I found this issue too.
    When you copy the password from the email,you would copy an extra space incorrectly although you are very careful,which causes this issue.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

edan said: I don't have kidechire so not realized it :)

Kidechire has nothing to do with this. Point is, as far as I know these are unmanaged servers, and surely "help me change the OS" does not extend into "help me install this random pirated Windows 2008 image that I download from somewhere".

• @ikoula My subscription id is 83305 and still pending until now, wish it not be long to be online, thank you

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello guys,

You can write to [email protected] or you can open and folow tickets on support.ikoula.com.

@Archie yeah your server is not finished yet but it should be online in the following hours.
    Office has opened not so long ago thank you for your patience.

• billyriantonobillyriantono Member, Host Rep

what is allowed and not allowed Ikoula?

@billyriantono I'm not sure what you mean let's discuss that by pm please.

• @Ikoula said:
    billyriantono I'm not sure what you mean let's discuss that by pm please.

He means do something on the Ikoula , what's are allowed or not? such as game server? adult content?

• billyriantonobillyriantono Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

@heloveu said:

He means do something on the Ikoula , what's are allowed or not? such as game server? adult content?

Yes thanks @heloveu has been help my question more clear :D

• joereidjoereid Member
    edited March 2015

@heloveu said:
    Hi, guys. Do you ordered this 'france-dedi-atom510-4gb-1tb-5-33-month' server? Anyone who have changed OS successfully can tell me how to change it? I type command and execute it as bellow:
    wget -O- http://195.154.126.62/image/windows2008.R2.raw | dd of=/dev/sda

then I don't know what should I do then? I could not found Rescue Mode in the control panel.

Now I can not connect by SSH.. That's sad. I am first time use a dedicated server, there's no VNC like a KMV VPS that can help you see a window of installation?
    I need your help,thanks very much!

You can't just do that while the server is running from /dev/sda, you have to boot to rescue mode, which loads some live disk then you can dd /dev/sda. Rescue mode is called "Netboot" in the panel and it comes up with the root password originally sent in your server delivery email.

I've been thinking about doing the same thing for a modern version of Centos like 6.6. I was going to wait a bit, but now that I know resetting will fix the partitioning as well I might give it a shot.

• @joereid I prefer Centos too, have you figured out the way to install it ?

Our offer was a great success !

We limited it to the 50 first orders but we received more orders.
    Some of you could not get their customer account completed in time.

We want to have everybody happy so we decided to deliver a server to all those customers who ordered before the offer ended!

It's great but it probably will delay the delivery a little because we'll have to order parts.
    In case you really can't wait please contact me or our sales team at [email protected], we'll try to find a way.

I will not be able to answer during weekend but remember support team is working 24/7

• @Ikoula said:
    Our offer was a great success !

We limited it to the 50 first orders but we received more orders.
    Some of you could not get their customer account completed in time.

We want to have everybody happy so we decided to deliver a server to all those customers who ordered before the offer ended!

It's great but it probably will delay the delivery a little because we'll have to order parts.
    In case you really can't wait please contact me or our sales team at [email protected], we'll try to find a way.

I will not be able to answer during weekend but remember support team is working 24/7

Why not rescue system?

• Why not rescue system?

• fanfan Veteran

Mine arrived finally! And it came with a rather new SAMSUNG SpinPoint F1 RE with 27 hours of powered on time. Now what I really need to do is try to reload it with ubuntu when I get time to play with it, this box performs quite well and @Ikoula has been very helpful with my order.

• ovh and online have a rescue system, the order is 5 euro rescue system, why not?
    Hard Drive 1 TB S-ATA
    Memory 2 x 2 GB DDR2
    Processor Atom Dual Core 510 HT
    Operating system Linux Debian 7 64 bits (Plesk ready)
    Bandwidth Guaranteed 100 Mbps full duplex maximum (internal / external)
    Level of services Level of Services "Freedom"
    Server administration Reboot
    Customized Reverse DNS
    Customized Secondary DNS
    Rescue MX
    Rescue System
    Root / Administrator Access
    Backup with Idera / R1Soft Unsubscribed Backup-Service
    Monitoring Monitoring Server (ICMP) - Historized alerts
    Traffic Statistics (MRTG)

• @Archie said:
    joereid I prefer Centos too, have you figured out the way to install it ?

I'm working on this right now. I made an image and am dd-ing it currently. I'll let you know how it works out.

• earlearl Member

@Archie @joereid

Have not tried it, but looks interesting.. maybe someone can give it a try.

http://www.centosx.com/install-centos-remotely-through-vnc/

• @earl said:
    Archie joereid

Have not tried it, but looks interesting.. maybe someone can give it a try.

http://www.centosx.com/install-centos-remotely-through-vnc/

I also looked at that page earlier today but the problem is the network config. I did know if they run dhcp. I made a centos image in vmware today and dd'd it to the disk. Now i just need to mount it in rescue mode to edit the ip config.

• ArchieArchie Member
    edited March 2015

@joereid said:

That is great, hope you will succeed and give us a tutorial

• @Ikoula Interested to get one. Unmetered traffic, right?

Seedbox allowed? I read through all messages and cannot found any answer on it. Please PM me the answer too. Thanks!

• CrabCrab Member

They're all gone, don't worry about it anymore.

• it seems only centos can support this headless vnc, debian/ubuntu can't support it in the kernel?

• does anyone know if this server can support DHCP? currently the ip is manually assign.

if it can't support DHCP, we must manually assign ip when making the os image, if don't, after dd the os image in rescue mode, we will can't connect it again because it will can't got any ip from DHCP.

• @Crab said:
    They're all gone, don't worry about it anymore.

Wow, good sales :)

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2015

@hotsnow said:
    it seems only centos can support this headless vnc, debian/ubuntu can't support it in the kernel?

Hetzner offers vnc installs for their servers and looking at the list seems to only be for these OS..

CentOS 6.6, CentOS 7.0, Fedora 20, openSUSE 13.2

So ya probably not supported in Debian or Ubuntu, but I have not really looked into it much thought.

update:

Actually it seems there is something similar for debian as well.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Remote

Thanked by 1hotsnow