Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quickpacket inconvenient experience - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quickpacket inconvenient experience

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

qps said: Stop trying to stir up drama that doesn't exist.

did you make a CC chargeback?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

qps said: Stop trying to stir up drama that doesn't exist.

Wat. It's basically what you said, why else would you say that? O.o

• @Nyr said:
    Yeah, escrow is expensive and even painful, but pays off for this kind of transactions.

can you explain how it works

escrow

• @jason25 said:
    escrow

A third party holds the money until both parties agree that they have both gotten what they wanted..

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

4n0nx said: Wat. It's basically what you said, why else would you say that? O.o

I did not say what you "read" at all. Once the threat of legal action is made, there are certain processes that have to be followed.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

qps said: I did not say that at all. Once the threat of legal action is made, there are certain processes that have to be followed.

I was unaware of that. If someone accused me of stealing money and I have striking evidence that I don't have it (my Paypal account transaction history), then I would not need a lawyer. Must be an American thing?

4n0nx said: (my Paypal account transaction history)

We already provided this earlier in the thread showing the transaction had not been reversed on our end.

4n0nx said: Must be an American thing?

Yes, there are certain procedures to follow when it comes to threats of litigation in the US.

• jason25jason25 Member
    edited March 2015

@qps said:
    I did not say that at all. Once the threat of legal action is made, there are certain processes that have to be followed.

QPS who has threatened what you demand?

that image is of the transaction, you must show recent transactions,

qps said: Yes, there are certain procedures to follow when it comes to threats of litigation in the US.

did you made a chargeback to your CC?

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

@jason25 said: can you explain how it works escrow

Buyer pays money to: (a) escrow service company or (b) escrow bank account (more expensive to set up). First option is cheaper, but the transaction must fall within predetermined rules of the service. Escrow bank account option can be tailored to each transaction individually. In both cases money is released to seller only after buyer approves it. At the same time, buyer can't withdraw the money without seller's approval. If buyer doesn't agree to release the money, seller can ask escrow service/bank to do so against proof (depends on what is AGREED on before). Escrow is very popular when transacting business online, selling domains for example (I used Escrow.com on many occasions).

Escrow or not, the keyword I've underlined above is: to agree on the terms = written agreement!

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Dylan said:
    That's a weird statement to make. We users are not mind-readers. English-only is a specifically written rule on most large forums and since it's not here I too thought it wasn't a requirement. If it in fact is a blanket policy it ought to be in the rules.

@aglodek said:
    Lee, Spirit: I agree. Have seen many dialogs here in Chinese for example, with no moderator questioning them. Now this here. Time to clarify this issue in the rules. My suggestion: allow posts in any language, but require they are accompanied by an English translation (Google/other machine translation acceptable). Best of both worlds ;)

This is not the thread to discuss if this is an english only forum so if you feel the need to reply to my post, do it in the feedback and suggestion thread instead, thanks.

Threads that start with a post in another language then english is very rare on this forum, the few times there has been a post in chinese/spanish/portugeese/swedish/italian or any other language it has been requested because it has been very hard to understand the original post.
    I line it that way, keep the posts in english unless requested.

@qps hasn't answered my question

• @netomx said:
    not cool, bro. I thought you were better than that.

English is the main language on LowEndTalk. While we appreciate the occasional friendly greeting in another language, allowing different language across all of the categories will make it impossible to moderate the site. While this is not a written rule, it's an implied rule. We judge each and every thread on a case-by-case basis.

We have no intentions to add every little thing to the rules and guidelines. If you ask me, they're way too long already. Respect and common sense should prevail, rather than having to put every little thing and exception in the Rules & Guidelines.

Thanked by 1Falzo

@mpkossen said:
    We have no intentions to add every little thing to the rules and guidelines. If you ask me, they're way too long already. Respect and common sense should prevail, rather than having to put every little thing and exception in the Rules & Guidelines.

He is asking for help, and obviously Google Translate is not working. Instead of trying to translate it, or seek for Spanish speakers, he just deleted his post contents... That's why I said that.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • This is slightly unrelated, but I had a dedicated server with Gotech for $49, and when QPS took over it went to $60 without warning. QPS claimed they couldn't maintain the old price, so I said sure, not a huge bump, so fair enough. I just got invoiced again for $90, and QPS now says again that they couldn't maintain the old price. This is without warning; the price just kept jumping up in price. I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop them now due to the bad taste this left in my mouth (plus, the price is a bit high for a server I'm only using casually).

• @amhoab said:
    This is slightly unrelated, but I had a dedicated server with Gotech for $49, and when QPS took over it went to $60 without warning. QPS claimed they couldn't maintain the old price, so I said sure, not a huge bump, so fair enough. I just got invoiced again for $90, and QPS now says again that they couldn't maintain the old price. This is without warning; the price just kept jumping up in price. I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop them now due to the bad taste this left in my mouth (plus, the price is a bit high for a server I'm only using casually).

I'm sorry you had to go through this, it seems incredible that prices have risen customers to deliver.

I still think it was a big mistake to sell, and I'm paying dearly.

• @qps

Turned to call paypal and they indicate that the return of the $ 5,300 was held

and the rest depends on the bank, so when I have the money in your bank please make repayment but escrow

and I do not want to have problems with paypal again.

edited March 2015

amhoab said: This is slightly unrelated, but I had a dedicated server with Gotech for $49, and when QPS took over it went to $60 without warning. QPS claimed they couldn't maintain the old price, so I said sure, not a huge bump, so fair enough. I just got invoiced again for $90, and QPS now says again that they couldn't maintain the old price. This is without warning; the price just kept jumping up in price. I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop them now due to the bad taste this left in my mouth (plus, the price is a bit high for a server I'm only using casually).

I apologize for the inconvenience. There should have only been one increase. If you PM me your account info, I'm happy to look into this for you to make sure the rate is correct now. We'll also give you a month for free so you can decide if you want to stick around.

Hey @qps are you still operating in the US?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@netomx it's pretty obvious they don't want to give any further explanation and they have something to hide.

I would have a hard time trusting them to do any business, not just for this incident where the two sides are to blame.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @netomx said:
    He is asking for help, and obviously Google Translate is not working. Instead of trying to translate it, or seek for Spanish speakers, he just deleted his post contents... That's why I said that.

We all agreed later on that we should have left the original content there and will do so in the future. That was our little mistake.

Thanked by 2netomx Dylan

@jason25 updates?

• @netomx said:
    jason25 updates?

I have already called PayPal. they say it returns the money to the credit card Qps. qps but says he has not received anything .Only I have to wait

@jason25 said:
    I have already called PayPal. they say it returns the money to the credit card Qps. qps but says he has not received anything .Only I have to wait

Keep us posted. PM me if you need translation

• @netomx said:
    Keep us posted. PM me if you need translation

Thanks.

It's incredible I'm still suspended from WHT, when QPS has everything, including my money, and being me the one who can't publish on WHT, having an active membership :(

• paypal always give more problems than solutions

• and @jason25 you will be fine, don't worry ;)

Spanish:

Todo va a estar bien jason, solo un poco de paciencia :)

@martip07 said:
    and jason25 you will be fine, don't worry ;)

Spanish:

Todo va a estar bien jason, solo un poco de paciencia :)

mods were deleting Spanish comments, so be careful.

• ChuckChuck Member

So who is the bad guy here?

@Chuck said:
    So who is the bad guy here?

@qps

This discussion has been closed.