Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions

Comments

• @XFS_Duke said:
    LowEndTalk is sorta like stone. It'll be here forever. :) If you open a ticket at https://core.xfusesolutions.com I'll be happy to write it in the ticket as well :).

What's your stance on illegal torrenting? Jon didn't really give a rats arse about it so expect a lot of drop offs if you don't allow it.. You'll probably find most people are using his crappy service for illegal torrenting..

• This has to be the worst « investment » ever. The only person who could possibly benefit from this affair would be the Nugget.

Oh well...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@k0nsl said:
    This has to be the worst « investment » ever. The only person who could possibly benefit from this affair would be the Nugget.

Oh well...

Or perhaps that drmike fella who thinks he has created the best deal evar between providers, you know that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you've done a good deed or soiled your pants. :)

• A bit surreal to see pubcrawler/drmike be so ‘involved’ in this XFuse-GVH deal. I like his style and the information he churns out, etc. But I cannot grasp why he would concern himself with a mess such as this? O_o

• @k0nsl said:
    But I cannot grasp why he would concern himself with a mess such as this? O_o

Money?

• @k0nsl said:
    A bit surreal to see pubcrawler/drmike be so ‘involved’ in this XFuse-GVH deal. I like his style and the information he churns out, etc. But I cannot grasp why he would concern himself with a mess such as this? O_o

From memory, Pubcrawler has made quite the effort to help Jon get out of various messes over the last year, so I guess this is just the final bit of assistance.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

He is a great guy full of good intentions. If he can help, why not.

• Ya, I know that. So I suppose it could boil down to simply being kindhearted on the part of pubcrawler/drmike...as to whether Nuggets is deserving of such kindness is another question altogether ^^

...anyway, sorry for the slight derailment. I'll spectate — starting from here on to see how this mess ends.

@Nekki said:
    From memory, Pubcrawler has made quite the effort to help Jon get out of various messes over the last year, so I guess this is just the final bit of assistance.

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited February 2015

@XFS_Duke so is this done? when do we see "My Service" in your site?

• @tenpera, it isn't fully completed yet. However, every customer will be emailed soon regarding the changes that will be taking place.

• XFS_Duke wish you a good luck. It will be a long way to bring it working (there are to much bad reviews) but am sure you will do it :). I recommend to change the domain like contabo did.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@BuyAds he's only taking the customers... not the name.

• yea, the name is useless to me honestly.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @XFS_Duke When is this all happening? Is there a set date yet?

• I agree with @Nekki.

At least with J-Nugs you knew who the owner was, but more importantly, he's still on his parents healthcare.

God forbid something happen to the Duke, we will be left with fundraising his next "$195,000" bill.

Let's hope you have gotten smart and perhaps gotten insurance for your kids / customers sake?

And take the car when needing to go somewhere ;)

• It's a shame that the donation thing is getting muddled with his ongoing business pursuits. Plenty idiocy on these VPS-type boards, for whatever reason.

• emgemg Veteran

I wonder whether @XFS_Duke will take back all of those long term GVH customers who were unceremoniously dumped on seven days notice by GVH a few months ago?

• @GStanley said:
    I agree with Nekki.

At least with J-Nugs you knew who the owner was, but more importantly, he's still on his parents healthcare.

God forbid something happen to the Duke, we will be left with fundraising his next "$195,000" bill.

Let's hope you have gotten smart and perhaps gotten insurance for your kids / customers sake?

And take the car when needing to go somewhere ;)

For one, I do have insurance now, which is why a lot of my bills are getting paid. My kids always had insurance, however, it was cheaper for them than it was for me and I passed my registration period at work prior to the accident and buying it outright was too expensive at the time.

Secondly, I don't have a motorcycle anymore. However, if I wanted one, it is none of your business. Period. I have things set in place in case something happens to me to deal with the company. Any good business owner does that.

@ricardo, but you know, this is LowEndTalk. Where the people can't leave well enough alone and where they HAVE to have drama all the time.

@emg, which ones? The AMS customers?

• @XFS_Duke How is your leg?

Thanked by 1mk1
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

hey, people, you must be either kids of 14 years old or stupid "matures" that you can only critisize people from the confort of your couch...

Realise something: it is completely differend the status of a bussiness and the personal status of the owner. A bussiness can have a sustainable model, a lot of clients and be profitable in long terms, at the same time that cannot give a big loan even to the owner, if something in his personal life happens. If the person is also a good bussinesman, then, he will divide his company from his private financial life. Sometimes, even if a person goes to bankraupsy, his company can still be working without problems.

As of Duke, he had an accident and he was in need for cash, to pay some medical bills. He managed to keep his company alive (no clients of him ever complained about their service). So, if he want to make more profit from his company (something that can help him to pay for his medical expenses, too) then, he need to expand his company to make it more profitable.

So, what is the question of you, here? A guy that in some time needed cash, means that he should go to hell, close his business, stop expanding, stop trading, stop selling, stop living?
    A company CAN take loans or find partners, if the owner find a good oportunity to expand or merge with another company or buy staff from another. A bank would give to a company in good standing a loan or a checking account or else. Or, he can do arrangements with the seller to pay him in a period of time with the profits that will gain with the new assets.

It is rude and unethical to bash Duke for his decision of buying customer's base from GVH, because he was in personal need for cash some months ago after a bad accident he had.
    If you don't like him, don't buy from him. But do not connect a bussiness move with his personal drama.

Period

• @jvnadr: True to that.

@XFS_Duke: AMS would be really nice (for me). And good luck.

@ The rest of you people:
    I have 2 VPS'es at GVH, and the most of these plans are WAY to good to be true.
    If you are relying on Those VPS'es then you are kidding yourselves.
    This could never last, but for the time that it does, have fun with it.

I'm looking forward to the offer XFS_Duke will bring us in the future.
    For now, just wait and see.. And use your common sense.

GVH is not the only company that sells of their customers, this happens every day.
    Just hope for the best, some of you are complaining about GVH...
    So maybe this will get better.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited February 2015

Again, I can confirm that you guys shouldn't worry about donation funds being used for this. All that was donated went to Duke's recovery and bills he had to pay and not a dime of it went to this transaction.

Please don't crucify a guy for doing a very noble thing without even knowing all the details :-)

Thanked by 2jvnadr AlexU
  • henkb said: The rest of you people: I have 2 VPS'es at GVH, and the most of these plans are WAY to good to be true. If you are relying on Those VPS'es then you are kidding yourselves. This could never last, but for the time that it does, have fun with it.

I tottaly agree with that. I bought some plans from Jon because they were cheap. I was pissed of his behavior from time to time, but the service was really good for the price. I still have almost a year a small vps on with my personal shoutcast radio on it and, except of some minor outages or downtime (nothing I did not face with many other providers) it works well! Now, I'm gonna keep the boxes even with much lower specs because I know for sure that XFS will make the service even better and secure for long-term.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

GStanley said: God forbid something happen to the Duke, we will be left with fundraising his next "$195,000" bill.

I see many people here have no idea that the accounts of a company and the accounts of the owner are two separate things.
    Under the law, taking money from the company's accounts is embezzlement, this carries big fines and jail terms in most countries.
    People which read here, please take note of the individuals bashing XFS_Duke and never buy anything from them because they have no clue on what a business means, not to mention how to run one.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @mpkossen said:
    Again, I can confirm that you guys shouldn't worry about donation funds being used for this. All that was donated went to Duke's recovery and bills he had to pay and not a dime of it went to this transaction.

Please don't crucify a guy for doing a very noble thing without even knowing all the details :-)

just curious, what part of anything he has done is 'very noble' ?

• @Maounique said:
    I see many people here have no idea that the accounts of a company and the accounts of the owner are two separate things.
    Under the law, taking money from the company's accounts is embezzlement, this carries big fines and jail terms in most countries.

Would depend on jurisdiction and corporate organization. For example, in the US, a sole proprietorship (most businesses) is not differentiated from the owner and has no limited liability. There are also flow through entities that entitle some limited liability but where revenues/taxes flow directly through to the owner(s).

• @JoeMerit said:
    just curious, what part of anything he has done is 'very noble' ?

Taking up the challenge of providing those left behind by GVH with a quality service. There's probably many that wouldn't dare do this.

• @mpkossen said:
    Taking up the challenge of providing those left behind by GVH with a quality service. There's probably many that wouldn't dare do this.

These clients of GVH know the consequences if they bought from GVH, and yet they still did. So why should anyone care about them...

• @mpkossen said:

This is getting weirder and weirder, are you his wife?