Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions

167891012»

Comments

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2015

@Lee said:
    I was joking btw :P

Haha, kinda figured, but still not a bad idea to provide further information, considering it's already been questioned elsewhere.

• Hm, been thinking of getting another dedicated server, maybe I should jump on this now...
    Unless @XFS_Duke can match what GVH is offering... ;)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

isaacl said: nless @XFS_Duke can match what GVH is offering... ;)

He is. If you buy it now he will continue to honour that price when you are transferred to him.

• Hi Mike and Lee,

Lee - No prob I understand what you are saying and only time will tell i guess.

Mike - Like i mentioned before no disrespect whatsoever.

Your resume shows your jobs lasting only a few months...shows you constantly jump ships... your oldest experience is of 7 years quoted takes you back to when you where 14. It does not align with your work experience.

to be clear. There is absolutely nothing wrong with been 14 and playing/working with computers (I did the same), however in a resume it just doesn't fly well. It is great to know as a business that you where involved at such young age however usually this "experience" is true work experience and it does not align with your jobs listed. Might be better fit at the CV level.

Anyways Mike, the above is past the topic at hand.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • Lee said: He is. If you buy it now he will continue to honour that price when you are transferred to him.

Anyone have any idea where that GVH link went to? Might be worth taking a gamble...

• isaacl said: Anyone have any idea where that GVH link went to? Might be worth taking a gamble...

Might be worth waiting for make sure this doesn't turn into an absolute fuck-fest first. At the very least, give it a swerve until it's quite clear that young Mr Nyugen is well clear of the WHCMS for good.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Nekki said: Might be worth waiting for make sure this doesn't turn into an absolute fuck-fest first. At the very least, give it a swerve until it's quite clear that young Mr Nyugen is well clear of the WHCMS for good.

Good point sir, always respect your advice.
    Only question is if the prices will still be valid then.

The thought process on my end is that if this works well, I keep it, if it doesn't, I get rid of it after a month, and I can't lose too much.

Only thing is that I would want to get something with 32GB of RAM, and possibly a larger RAID array, which I don't think I'll get so cheaply here anyway...

• isaacl said: The thought process on my end is that if this works well, I keep it, if it doesn't, I get rid of it after a month, and I can't lose too much.

Other than control of your personal info if the deal falls through and GVH keep up their sterling rep in terms of customer data protection.

• Nekki said: Other than control of your personal info if the deal falls through and GVH keep up their sterling rep in terms of customer data protection.

Yeah, good point. Question is if there's any way to have my alter ego order it, and then switch things over later...
    Or if @XFS_Duke would let me order something through him directly, if he's honoring those prices, that would probably be safer.

• @XFS_Duke

Just in case this may be helpful to you lest Jon does not keep his promise of not meddling with anything any longer: the new email address he used to send the spam is [email protected] (different from the previously used noreply@) and it was sent via Elastic Email (different from the previously used Mandrill). I'm not sure whether it was sent using WHCMS or what since I'm not knowledgeable in these matters, and you can disregard this if you're already aware of the email changes and he has relinquished control of his Elastic Email account to you.

• @hellogoodbye said:
    XFS_Duke

Just in case this may be helpful to you lest Jon does not keep his promise of not meddling with anything any longer: the new email address he used to send the spam is [email protected] (different from the previously used noreply@) and it was sent via Elastic Email (different from the previously used Mandrill). I'm not sure whether it was sent using WHCMS or what since I'm not knowledgeable in these matters, and you can disregard this if you're already aware of the email changes and he has relinquished control of his Elastic Email account to you.

He has no control over the GVH domain, it is still Jon's property.

• @spammy said:

Yes, but he also says he's getting rid of Jon and that we won't be hearing from him again. How is he going to do that without actually taking away his ability to email blast clients (past and present)?

• Duke isn't the GVH's dude's daddy, if GVH spams you, you take whatever action you feel necessary, separate to this.

• The email was sent through WHMCS. GVH was booted from Mandrill after sending a bunch of email to opted out people before. However, I'm in the process of quieting him down. Jonny doesn't and won't have access to the customer data after the move. No worries about that. I however, may send emails from time to time to customers that are opt-in but generally 1 per week or 1 every two weeks. I WILL abide by what you selected in the client area and WILL NOT send any spam to you.

• LeeLee Veteran

XFS_Duke said: However, I'm in the process of quieting him down

Good luck with that, try training a stray dog next time, it will be easier.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • hellogoodbyehellogoodbye Member
    edited February 2015

@ricardo said:
    Duke isn't the GVH's dude's daddy, if GVH spams you, you take whatever action you feel necessary, separate to this.

I'm not the one who forced responsibility upon him to keep Jon in check; Duke was the one who stated he was getting rid of Jon and it will not happen again. If Jon was using a different email address and email service to spam people that he wasn't privy to (because Jon has such a shining track record of being honest and doing what he's promised, right?), I think he has a right to know in case it happens again down the road. Prevention is better than reaction.

@XFS_Duke Thank you.

• samblingsambling Member
    edited February 2015

Reported the spam (I unsubscribed from all marketing) to ElasticEmail and sent in an account closure request to GVH #439287.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @sambling said:
    Reported the spam (I unsubscribed from all marketing) to ElasticEmail and sent in an account closure request to GVH #439287.

I also did just that, not realizing it was a possible option until Duke mentioned they had already been booted out of Mandrill for spamming.

• @sambling said:

Your entire account is closed and deleted. :)

Thanked by 1sambling
  • I haven't received the email about the takeover & dedicated server deal, should i be worried? It's also not in the Spam folder

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

@XFS_Duke can you remove all of my details & account out the DB please?

• LeeLee Veteran

I have created a new thread to discuss the issue around Nexim using the GVH client database to send emails.

As noted, whilst this is related to GVH it is not connected to this topic about GVH clients being sold to XFS.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/45282/nexim-web-hosting-sending-out-emails-using-gvh-client-database#latest

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

remove because @Lee splitting threads while I write...

• @Ozzy said:
    Hi Mike and Lee,

Lee - No prob I understand what you are saying and only time will tell i guess.

Mike - Like i mentioned before no disrespect whatsoever.

Your resume shows your jobs lasting only a few months...shows you constantly jump ships... your oldest experience is of 7 years quoted takes you back to when you where 14. It does not align with your work experience.

to be clear. There is absolutely nothing wrong with been 14 and playing/working with computers (I did the same), however in a resume it just doesn't fly well. It is great to know as a business that you where involved at such young age however usually this "experience" is true work experience and it does not align with your jobs listed. Might be better fit at the CV level.

Anyways Mike, the above is past the topic at hand.

Yep, I've moved around a bit... I plan to stay with my current employer for at least a year and a half-2 years.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Mikespears - Try to contain yourself and keep the added on GVH drama in the thread you have already created.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • Hopefully this change will be for the good of the GVH customers. It's been a long time coming, hopefully Jon gets things stable for the remaining customers.

• How long will Jonnyboy continue to have WHMCS access and answer tickets?