Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jcaleb said: I think if he is cool with the monicker its ok. But if not, I could only remember my geeky looking friends in college who were bullied by the more popular kids.

Nguyen is actually pronounced something very much like "win".

Given his hero was Chicago VPS Chris, I guess his actual name has an ironic fit.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited February 2015

@raindog308 said:
    Given his hero was Chicago VPS Chris, I guess his actual name has an ironic fit.

#Nguyening

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • That would be a good coupon code

• @mikeyur said:
    #Nguyening

To coast through life riding the wave of your own bullshit?

• @Nekki said:
    To coast through life riding the wave of your own bullshit?

And drowning people with your said wave of bullshit and lies.

Don't forget that.

• LeeLee Veteran

Just seen this posted over at VPSB.

Pending the finalization of the acquistion contract, Green Value Hosting, Inc. will continue selling VPS and Dedicated server hosting services under the GreenValueHost brand, powered by XFuse Solutions, LLC. support. We will continue providing VPS and dedicated customers with support in the interim while contracts and other related endeavors are being finalized leading up to the acquisition and transfer of customers.

This now actually appears to be a big smoke screen to save Jonny, I will retract all the consideration I was offering in this. It actually just stinks now.

• How does it feel knowing that you fools prematurely patted Duke's back without knowing a thing about him?

He visited Incero's DC? Congratulations @Ryan, a hobo could achieve that. It doesn't mean lick. It doesn't mean a thing when people are discussing the feasibility of what he's trying to achieve.

Thanked by 2tommy Linkking
  • Well I still feel good about myself!

• @Lee

tldr; duke is offering the support for GVH now?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

@wych said:
    Lee

>

tldr; duke is offering the support for GVH now?

That is how I read it, Duke takes away the "bad VPS" pool and runs it down in a new brand out of sight. GVH continues as if nothing ever happened and starts selling all their services immediately whilst support provided by XFS. Thus Jonny gets to start fresh, probably a contract for support to XFS from GVH, yaday yada....

GVH walks away from this clean is essentially what bothers me when you consider what clients have went through.

I feel tricked at the way this started out in comparison to how it's ending up.

• much noble, so magnificent.

• Lee said: GVH walks away from this clean is essentially what bothers me when you consider what clients have went through.

If it really goes down the way you described, Duke and XFS will have lost all credibility though. And pretty much everyone knows to avoid GVH already.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • My vps Status: Offline about 4 days ... FUCK THEM ... -.-

• edited February 2015

He is allowing for the support and sales under GVH with his group of people actually running GVH until the contract is signed. Once the contract is signed, he can transfer everyone over to X Fuse band. Just waiting on legalities. That is how i read it.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @Lee I'd like to say I'm not surprised but I did think something may have been going on.

Lee said: I feel tricked

you and alot of other people no doubt.

Lee said: GVH walks away from this clean

They do get away with murder fraud.

• aggressivenetworks said: He is allowing for the support and sales under GVH with his group of people actually running GVH until the contract is signed. Once the contract is signed, he can transfer everyone over to X Fuse band. Just waiting on legalities. That is how i read it.

Same here. Suprised sales are being allowed to continue though, unless Duke's keeping all the existing plans. New customers should still be told they'll most likely be sold tho.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2015

Duke's keeping all the dedis, which beleive it or not, are actually profitable.. I'm not saying by how much, but the margins are decent... Also, Duke is fully taking things over once all audits are completed, and contracts are signed. Right now, Jonny is simply a sales manager.

• MikeSpears said: Right now, Jonny is simply a sales manager.

The last time i've heard that, Jon's alter-ego was running the company and he ended up threatening to suicide when his scam was discovered.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I guess this answers my question about whether or not ex-clients' information are also included in this deal:

Is it normal practice for companies to send sale solicitations to ex-clients despite canceling services (almost a year ago, in fact) and opting out of email notices?

Thanked by 1sambling
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    The last time i've heard that, Jon's alter-ego was running the company and he ended up threatening to suicide when his scam was discovered.

... That's not the case with this. Duke is a real person, as am I. Also, I'm just a bystander who asked questions to Duke directly, however I'm bound by an NDA for the most part.

• Ok, so Jonny just passed this on to me to post on LET: "They're being sold because they are preracked inventory that are sitting idle that we are actively being billed for even before we hand it over to the client."

• I'm not asking about why he's still selling. I want to know why he's still trying to sell to ex-clients who are no longer interested in buying any services and have also opted out of their marketing emails. I shouldn't even be receiving this, though it's ironic to see it end up in my Spam folder.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited February 2015

@hellogoodbye said:

Is it normal practice for companies to send sale solicitations to ex-clients despite canceling services (almost a year ago, in fact) and opting out of email notices?

No. It is highly unethical.

Opt out means opt out, not "opt out until something changes." I see mailing list abuses all the time. Frequently, abusers copy the entire list (including "opt outs") to a "new" list, and start sending the spam. They hide under the claim that you opted out of the "information and update list" for example, but not the new "education list". Since you had a "prior relationship" with them in the past, it justifies sending you the email in the newly created list because you never opted out of it. Usually they change the sender email address to get past your email filters, too. It sucks.

I remember a case a few years ago, where Company A's privacy policy declared that they would not sell or provide customer information (including email addresses) to any third party for any reason. Company A went bankrupt, and Company B acquired the assets (for cheap). The true residual value of Company A was its customer list. After the acquisition, Company B explicitly stated that Company B was under no legal obligation to uphold Company A's privacy policy regarding disposition or use of the customer list. (It was obvious that Company B intended to use it in violation of Company A's privacy policy.) Company A's former customers protested loudly, resulting in a lot of bad press for Company B. There were threats of class action lawsuits. Company B eventually backed off, saying that they would continue to follow Company A's privacy policy.

Thanked by 1hellogoodbye
  • MikeSpears said: ... That's not the case with this.

I'm just saying that if something seems fishy and is related to GVH then it's most likely fishy. Statements are being made, retracted and changed. People supporting GVH appear all of a sudden.

On a sidenote: Does anyone know if Richmond, VA has any connection to GVH or XFuse?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Statements are being made, retracted and changed. People supporting GVH appear all of a sudden.

And now it seems @MikeSpears is banned too.

• hellogoodbye said:

And now it seems @MikeSpears is banned too.

Lol, Nuggets in Disguise.

Thanked by 2Lee Pwner
  • @emg said:

I guess I should be happy Gmail saw through it before I did and chucked it in the Spam folder for me. I don't see another unsubscribe/opt-out link anywhere in the email either (though from personal experience I had received a bunch from GVH without proper unsubscribe links before I was finally able to log into my account and opt out myself).

If they had strictly made it an announcement about selling their client base to Duke, I would have shrugged it off as a one-off thing. Adding an advertisement to the email was just poor taste and went from an announcement to sales soliciting, which I do not want to see at all.

• Ok so you guys need to calm down. MikeSpears was not Jonny, his name is Michael Spears from Riverview, Florida and any mod here can check the login IP's to verify that it isn't anywhere near NH where Jonny lives. I told Jonny to post the Bargain Bins to save from having a ton of idle inventory. That is all. I didn't want him to send the email out and I figured he'd do it the right way. However, I should have known that Jonny is a complete fuck up. I haven't taken full control yet but I am in the system helping clients as I can until the transition.

I promise you guys, after the acquisition is complete, Jonny won't be around anything. I've been dealing with getting servers setup faster and such and putting out fires. Now this. I'm doing my best here to rid you guys of ever hearing from Jonny Nuggets or as I call him, Jonny Spazzz. You guys just need to give me some time to finalize everything. And please unban MikeSpears.

• LeeLee Veteran

XFS_Duke said: And please unban MikeSpears.

Who is he in relation to all this then? A new member recently joined posting "Jonny passed me this to tell you..." does not add anything here.

• Lee said: A new member recently joined posting "Jonny passed me this to tell you..." does not add anything here.

I think banning Jonny's sock-puppets is entirely fair. The guy's banned, so he doesn't get to post by proxy either.

I knew the bannerhammer was in safe hands.

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R