Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions

Comments

• @Master_Bo said:
    "Dear valued customer. It may come as a surprise, but... you either pay us 20 times as much, or GTFO!"

Nah, CVPS shoved out an email not so long ago and LET went hyper over it... it's what I am trying to say now..

They'll lose you now, but they'll win you back later..

• @MSPNick said:
    Nah, CVPS shoved out an email not so long ago and LET went hyper over it... it's what I am trying to say now..

Aye, I found the story. Nothing to add to it, though. And it's unlikely they can win me back later.

• @Master_Bo said:
    Aye, I found the story. Nothing to add to it, though. And it's unlikely they can win me back later.

I praise Duke, he'll do well and turn GVH from a mess to something really good.

• @MSPNick said:
    I praise Duke, he'll do well and turn GVH from a mess to something really good.

I can only wish him luck again.

C'est la vie.

• @Stevie said:
    Nekki I did not know you had a gvh account, there is still time to repent to host nun!

It was before the plans went full retard and Jonny appeared to be an enthusiastic (if slightly misguided) sales person.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

oh less than a months food, lets say $500, you have a food addiction issue if it is more than that.

if a client base that consists of over 200 physical servers is only worth that then the closure must have been imminent anyway, based on that I am not sure I would enjoy the liability to CC for all that hardware :s

Again no one except those directly involved knows the full details but I gather final signatures have not been done yet so who knows what will happen.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • LeeLee Veteran

The GVH story is not an unusual one, well it is slightly but only in that it lasted so long. I watched Jonny/GVH from the start. The fraud, the lies, it was a story worth watching develop.

Starting out offering plans that made sense financially. But nobody would buy at say $10. Reducing the price to $5, nobody would buy. Reduce the price to $3 and triple the resource, people started buying.

And so it began but never ended. The only way to get customers was to continue cutting your own throat (pardon the suicide reference) and selling for little, nothing or a loss.

To Jonny it was more important that he had many customers for the sake of having them than them making financial sense. It made him feel important, a player in the hosting arena.

But the lack of business acumen and maturity was always going to be his eventual downfall, this is a face saving opportunity for him.

Like many LET providers past and present, once you get into selling a VPS for $2 it eventually becomes very difficult to convince people you are worth more than that. What you end up with is a hobby that just about wipes it own feet but the motivation is not there because you are not making anything or enough to focus on it.

Jonny will be back under the guise of how much he has learnt and won't make the same mistakes again. But it won't be long before he can't get those $10 customers and starts that "just a very limited" unsustainable promotion and so the cycle will start again.

As for the existing customers? Whilst I wish Duke luck in trying to salvage something out of this it is not about offering the customers better, that whole "saving them" line is BS.

The very fact those customers bought those ridiculous plans goes to show that they as much as Jonny were the cause of this long saga. They won't be interested in staying when the prices go up and the resources reduce.

They will simply start looking for a new GVH or in fact the new GVH which will emerge soon enough. They customers are only interested in the maximum resource for the smallest amount. Right or wrong that is their mentality.

• So this means no GVH memes anymore :(?

@~Lee~ well written, worth mentioning that GVH are just the new Hostrail (I mean the original hostrail), for those that remember them.

@AnthonySmith said:
    @~Lee~ well written, worth mentioning that GVH are just the new Hostrail (I mean the original hostrail), for those that remember them.

edit: I don't know how to tag you with your symbols haha.

• That's a bit of a generalisation about GVH customers. Some of their plans a year ago were quite similar to the majority of LET offers, in the range of $10-30/y for a low end box.

They will simply start looking for a new GVH or in fact the new GVH which will emerge soon enough. They customers are only interested in the maximum resource for the smallest amount. Right or wrong that is their mentality.

What other metric would you use? I'd include reliability in your context of 'resource'.

Not everyone exhaustively researches hosting solutions, particularly if you want lots of them. It's easier for your average LET reader to draw your conclusions because you spend lots of hours putting the various providers into context.

I believe I have a Ramnode plan that's less than the cost of the GVH plan I bought. It's not like "all GVH customers are vultures", though I'd agree that the general worth of the list of customers is probably lower than the average.

• LeeLee Veteran

ricardo said: What other metric would you use? I'd include reliability in your context of 'resource'.

The very position that they are in now is my metric.

ricardo said: I believe I have a Ramnode plan that's less than the cost of the GVH plan I bought.

Ramnode like others know how to run a promotion, not build their business model around it. That is the difference.

ricardo said: Not everyone exhaustively researches hosting solutions, particularly if you want lots of them.

They don't need to, but unless your entirely new to hosting then you will know that a VPS with 5 ip's, 150GB Disk and 75TB of BW is not going to be possible for $5.

There is a line in the sand, it's called common sense. You pass it because you have none.

• LeeLee Veteran

I know right, it's awesome.

edited February 2015

@Lee said:
    I know right, it's awesome.

not so awesome for a moderator though.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    not so awesome for a moderator though.

Actually, it's brill because it makes people flag problem posts rather than @ you.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

I know, it was changed to stop moans about transparency because I cross post at a few sites. Now it's the same everywhere, but I will need to change it again for here.

• @NeoGen said:
    Another incongruous reply, Is there even a single plan that can be termed as sustainable. I guess, I agree with others that either this is another ploy to reintroduce GVH or an outlandish attempt to gain cheap publicity.

You believe what you want buddy.

• What happens to account credit at GVH? Will it be transfered to you Duke?

• Lee said: They don't need to, but unless your entirely new to hosting then you will know that a VPS with 5 ip's, 150GB Disk and 75TB of BW is not going to be possible for $5.

There is a line in the sand, it's called common sense. You pass it because you have none.

Hilarious. Not all their plans were like that, like I said some were comparable to other offerings on here.

Pretty rude saying I have no common sense for some cheap points scoring. The rest of your post is hindsight.

• LeeLee Veteran

You are selectively reading there I think, but have quoted correctly. My reference to common sense was in relation to the example plan, unless of course that is what you bought.

Yes some were comparable, but do a little research yourself, the majority were not sustainable. What they did offer that was comparable on price was rarely comparable on resource.

ricardo said: The rest of your post is hindsight.

Of course it is, but true nonetheless.

• The original point was that you labelled any customer of GVH, which still stands regardless.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

@ricardo said:
    The original point was that you labelled any customer of GVH, which still stands regardless.

I am not a customer, but I was thinking about it, just to test the "legendary quality". Would that make me a stupid victim of the shark jon? Not really, when you pay less than a dollar a month for a VPS that stands up half the time, I dont think you were scammed. Many people here bought it post factum to see how this can fare.
    I agree Lee went too far, although I was never a customer, I can understand many which were thinking to get one or more of those insane deals.
    There is a difference between believing it can work and throwing away coffee money (not for me, but for western people which make many hundreds a month) just for the wow factor and be part of the "trend".

• And what happens to the people with accounts piled up with service-credits which will perpetually renew their services for free?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@upfreak said:
    And what happens to the people with accounts piled up with service-credits which will perpetually renew their services for free?

even DO dumped that "business model".

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited February 2015

@upfreak said:
    And what happens to the people with accounts piled up with service-credits which will perpetually renew their services for free?

You get a reminder that in life if something is to good to be true the government will take it away from you it usually does not last.

Thanked by 2ATHK Pwner
  • ub3rstarub3rstar Member
    edited February 2015

XFS_Duke said: For dedicated servers, I have no plans on raising those prices. ALL current customers will stay at their current price level without any changes. No worries at all about that.

Can I get that written in stone?

• @ub3rstar said:

Would you like the moon on a stick too, Sir?

• @Nekki said:
    Would you like the moon on a stick too, Sir?

Does that come with 75TB of premium bandwidth?

• @ub3rstar said:

LowEndTalk is sorta like stone. It'll be here forever. :) If you open a ticket at https://core.xfusesolutions.com I'll be happy to write it in the ticket as well :).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

JoeMerit said: well.. seeing as Duke toured Incero and met with Incero employees recently. Maybe that company is supplying the money.

That is one wild imagination. Don't quit your day job :D