Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Free server from GVH? Lol, sure.

• ~Lee~ said: @MSPNick - All he seems to be looking for is clarification. What does "currently" mean?

True, that was kinda my question.

There is no such thing as honouring an agreement "currently". You either honour it, or you don't.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

XFS_Duke said: Look at the GoFundMe account and tell me if you think that those donations had anything to do with this? lol

I assume GVH paid you to take their customer base...right?

Thanked by 2MSPNick xaitmi
  • Paid him well hopefully. Too many headaches otherwise.

• LeeLee Veteran

So it seems pretty clear then.

• @XFS_Duke has taken over all the clients.
    • Clients are to be placed into a new brand not xfuse.
    • CC has no involvement at all other than being a server provider.
    • The GVH domain and brand remain with Jonny/Lance to do with as they please.
    • Clients will remain as they are with current pricing at least until an official statement on this.

Whatever the next steps I think everyone would surely agree this is not a bad move for existing clients.

So lets give them a bit of space to make it all happen and see how it develops.

• ~Lee~ said: The GVH domain and brand remain with Jonny/Lance to do with as they please.

Presumably not enter in the shared/virtual private hosting industries, although I don't know the agreement.

• LeeLee Veteran

It would appear there are no restrictions on that. So yes, they may well continue.

• I have 3 dedicated servers with GVH I hope there is no change in pricing. If there is I probably will cancel on next renewal. I'm in Buf, CHI and Dal and so far so good hope the transition goes well

• I have to agree with the folks that there is something iffy about this, I disliked GVH and felt bad for Jonny before but not anymore,

@XFS_Duke , (warningI do not know you and I could be wrong but...)

I don't even wanna know how or why you took in GVH clients, there is NO PROFIT on his current plans and now you are going to keep the prices and specs the same? If I was still a gambler I would bet everything I have that within 1 year you will ether go out of business or sell off clients. It is not profitable and that is simple logic and every good provider here knows that.

Also, I read on the thread of VPSB and I feel really irked how you handle the questions people ask "Just 4 months ago you were asking for donations and now you are able to buy over GVH" your answers to that sounds basically like "I have money now so......... stop asking" .

As the warning says I do not know you and you do not know me but I predicted just like many others about GVH and we were right. I really do hope you know what you are doing.

I honestly wish you did not do a take over and let jon or lance just go down and take the fall, the way they treated customers and there crappy service should make them feel real world pain but you rather just give them a huge pillow to stop there complete fall and it is not right for the way they treated people and how they operated there business.

My 2 cents.

• @MSPNick said:
    How do you justify that ? Do you know how much bandwidth costs?

I know how much it costs. However, those plans will be honored until the renewal, then those plans will be phased out.

• @Stevie said:
    I have to agree with the folks that there is something iffy about this, I disliked GVH and felt bad for Jonny before but not anymore,

XFS_Duke , (warningI do not know you and I could be wrong but...)

I don't even wanna know how or why you took in GVH clients, there is NO PROFIT on his current plans and now you are going to keep the prices and specs the same? If I was still a gambler I would bet everything I have that within 1 year you will ether go out of business or sell off clients. It is not profitable and that is simple logic and every good provider here knows that.

Also, I read on the thread of VPSB and I feel really irked how you handle the questions people ask "Just 4 months ago you were asking for donations and now you are able to buy over GVH" your answers to that sounds basically like "I have money now so......... stop asking" .

As the warning says I do not know you and you do not know me but I predicted just like many others about GVH and we were right. I really do hope you know what you are doing.

I honestly wish you did not do a take over and let jon or lance just go down and take the fall, the way they treated customers and there crappy service should make them feel real world pain but you rather just give them a huge pillow to stop there complete fall and it is not right for the way they treated people and how they operated there business.

My 2 cents.

I respect your opinions, however, if I irked you, I apologize. It wasn't meant to be that way. I appreciate what everyone who donated did. However, as stated in the other forum, that had nothing to do with this. And it wasn't 4 months ago, it was in June of 2014 when I got into the accident and jvnadr is the one who posted it on here. It wasn't requested of me.

Also, why don't we get off of my personal matters. This isn't about my wreck or the donations, it is about me taking over GreenValueHost's clients, servers and billing. I'm a positive income company at this time and it took me a while to build it to this. No many companies can say that after two years they have the clientele that I have, the contacts that I have and the ambition that I have. I've been through a lot and I came through it fairly well and I am still alive. This is a change for me, going from what I was doing to this. This will likely be a full time job for me for the next few months. I gauged everything and understand very well what I am getting myself into. It doesn't scare me. I know what I can do and what I will do.

Again, nothing that anyone donated to me has anything to do with my business decisions. Period. This is my business money that is doing this and not my personal funds. I literally paid more for food in one month than what I paid or will pay. It will be profitable for me.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • @XFS_Duke said:
    However, those plans will be honored until the renewal, then those plans will be phased out.

What exactly do you mean by renewal? Can you please explain?

• Let's say that you have one of those ridiculous unsustainable plans. When it comes up for renewal, like your next due date, your plan will be changed to something that is more in line with the price that you pay. If you do not want that plan, so be it. However, you will have the options for a more sustainable plan at a normal price.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • @XFS_Duke said:
    Let's say that you have one of those ridiculous unsustainable plans. When it comes up for renewal, like your next due date, your plan will be changed to something that is more in line with the price that you pay. If you do not want that plan, so be it. However, you will have the options for a more sustainable plan at a normal price.

Your response is highly muddled and ludicrous. What is your definition of "ridiculous unsustainable plans" ?

• All the best with the purchase

• I think he explained everything in plain and simple terms. Nothing was muddled or ludicrous unless you have one of those whorish plans that are "unsustainable".

Thanked by 1Detruire
  • I'm happy that Jon sold his customers to someone else and didn't just get up and walk away all of a sudden. In my opinion, I wish it was ColoCrossing (or one of their companies) that acquired GVH and that way the prices would most likely stay the same. I can just see XFuse honoring the price of my dedicated servers for (maybe) a month or two and then their going to jack them up. Also, considering the best dedicated server XFuse has is an i7 860 (which is from 2009 and is even older than the CPU I have in my computer)

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • And it starts.

• Why would anyone buy GreenValueHost? It already has a bad name. Doesn't make sense.

• @Chuck said:
    Why would anyone buy GreenValueHost? It already has a bad name. Doesn't make sense.

No one is buying it... You need to re read the thread :)

• NeoGenNeoGen Member
    edited February 2015

@aggressivenetworks said:
    I think he explained everything in plain and simple terms. Nothing was muddled or ludicrous unless you have one of those whorish plans that are "unsustainable".

Thats another layer of twisting and muddling.. now please elucidate whorish? to be honest all plans of GVH are unsustainable. Any one example of their sustainable plans?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

So, let's make a summary:

1. jon ceded his customers to a profitable business.
    2. People are happy that they will get better quality than before when they used to make one GVH bashing thread a week.
    3. people are unhappy the unsustainable prices and plans (by their own words) will not be honoured in full, except until next renewal.

In short, people want GVH plans and prices with a profitable and respectable company.
    It ain't gonna happen, fox, it is either black or white.

• @ub3rstar said:
    I'm happy that Jon sold his customers to someone else and didn't just get up and walk away all of a sudden. In my opinion, I wish it was ColoCrossing (or one of their companies) that acquired GVH and that way the prices would most likely stay the same. I can just see XFuse honoring the price of my dedicated servers for (maybe) a month or two and then their going to jack them up. Also, considering the best dedicated server XFuse has is an i7 860 (which is from 2009 and is even older than the CPU I have in my computer)

Actually, I don't deal with any i7's anymore. I am working on a new design with all the new servers. This in about a month or 2 in planning, however things got in the way. For dedicated servers, I have no plans on raising those prices. ALL current customers will stay at their current price level without any changes. No worries at all about that.

@NeoGen, unsustainable plans means anything without a normal bandwidth allocation, IP allocation, disk space or anything remotely close to $3/year. Anything with 10GB ram+ also. I'll deal with each client on these plans individually so that we can gauge what everyone is using and what they need. However, I haven't fully made the announcement yet and I will have a lot more information soon. I can't undo the changes that were made recently, even the AMS move. However, I can increase the stability of everyones service.

In other news, if you add me to skype, please tell me who you are on here so I can know. Too many random people added me today and I do not know who the heck they are. lol.. And as always, if you need anything, message me or send me a message on Skype.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • @concerto49 said:
    All the best with the purchase

Thanks!

• @Maounique said:
    In short, people want GVH plans and prices with a profitable and respectable company.
    It ain't gonna happen, fox, it is either black or white.

Which is why this was probably a pretty horrible buy. The only way for this to end on a positive note was for GVH to just shutdown completely.

Now you're going to have people pissed at the new owner for not keeping those unsustainable plans, increasing prices, etc etc. This is going to be another shit storm, I can only see this ending poorly for all parties.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited February 2015

mikeyur said: Now you're going to have people pissed at the new owner for not keeping those unsustainable plans, increasing prices, etc etc. This is going to be another shit storm, I can only see this ending poorly for all parties.

I also think it is not worth it, but can be made to work with a lot of effort.
    In the end, the abusers and penny-grabbers will go to cvps or some other CC brand, or maybe other new jonhost, the serious people will stay and take an XFS plan if they like how they arer treated, consider the host knowledgeable and supportive from how they handle the move.

Chances are it will not work, but it is not impossible.

• iwaswrongonceiwaswrongonce Member
    edited February 2015

While I don't think this makes sense from a pure M&A perspective, @XFuse_Duke already said he spent more on groceries last month than on the GVH customer base. So we're talking small peanuts here. From a purely marketing perspective, this is worth whatever he paid. I had never heard of XFuse before. Now everyone has, and everyone will certainly be curious what the GVH replacement plans will be. This is the type of visibility that is hard to generate overnight. He basically gets to piggyback on GVH's antics across LE*/VPSB/WHT without having to actually get his hands dirty, and can potentially even come off as a savior to some. Will it be a headache for him? Most definitely. But there are dozens of people who would love to have this much exposure. There is no such thing as bad publicity. GVH proved that.

Even if 0% of the GVH customer base are residuals in a year, this is still money well spent, just not in the conventional sense.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • The awesome thing about all of this is that GVH is effectively dead. Jonny Nuggets remains banned, GVH are banned from posting offers, so without any existing customers they'll never gain traction here again.

Sure, some existing customers will lose their plans, but they were fucking ludicrous anyway, so the fact you're most likely going to get a decent service for the remainder of your billing period is some sort of result for those on a yearly.

@XFuse_Duke Jonny Nuggets gave me a bunch of ludicrous free plans that still have nearly a year to run, so drop me a line and in exchange for deleting me completely from your customer database (nothing personal, but I don't know anything about you or your business and as such I don't want you to have my details), you can cancel all the stupid plans I have.

Nekki said: in exchange for deleting me completely from your customer database

So you were perfectly okay with jon having you in his db but not with the xfs guy.
    To each his own, I guess the known devil is better than the unknown stranger.

• XFS_Duke said: skype

Your account?