Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions

Comments

• @jvnadr said:

Yes, I saw you added me. Thanks.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

IMO, you made a horrible mistake by doing this, but its just my own opinion.

• Maounique said: So you were perfectly okay with jon having you in his db but not with the xfs guy.

To each his own, I guess the known devil is better than the unknown stranger.

I signed up with them before they turned into a complete dumpster-fire, smart-arse.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Sounds like you enjoy a challenge, and good luck. I do/did have a few GVH boxes but their uptime was too poor to host a simple website, I'll probably let them expire.

• @Nekki I did not know you had a gvh account, there is still time to repent to hostnun!

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • Does anyone on here have any services with GVH anymore? I just don't see that many people mentioning them these days, other than a few newcomers who complain of problems thinking its a new thing.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • @XFS_Duke said:
    unsustainable plans means anything without a normal bandwidth allocation, IP allocation, disk space or anything remotely close to $3/year.

Another incongruous reply, Is there even a single plan that can be termed as sustainable. I guess, I agree with others that either this is another ploy to reintroduce GVH or an outlandish attempt to gain cheap publicity.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Does anyone on here have any services with GVH anymore? I just don't see that many people mentioning them these days, other than a few newcomers who complain of problems thinking its a new thing.

Too many people have GVH nodes, he was massively overselling everything even dedicated servers..

• LeeLee Veteran

Still plenty out there with services. You don't hear much because they have been banned from here for a while. It was mainly Jonny posting that tended to cause the drama.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MSPNick said: Too many people have GVH nodes

Looks like there is going to be a tonne of churn then. I remember looking at their plans and even at rock bottom Colo-crossing prices almost everything GBH sells is loss making.

• @MarkTurner said:

Yup! Think about it, any repute provider sells E3 dedi's for above $100, right? But I have no idea, but he was selling them at $49/mo...

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited February 2015

@MarkTurner said:
    Does anyone on here have any services with GVH anymore? I just don't see that many people mentioning them these days, other than a few newcomers who complain of problems thinking its a new thing.

I have a cheap yearly myself from way back when. To be honest, I really haven't experienced any major issues besides the garbage over the summer months. Uptime has been acceptable and it's just one of those that just works. Mine is in Chicago though so that probably makes a huge difference compared to all the horror stories of other locations I've read about here.

• @MSPNick - E3-1230v1 is easy to sell for that price, because most providers rented them out 2-3 years ago, recovered their cost so its just OPEX they need to cover. Its sustainable, IF you have the existing inventory and have your own facility. Colo-crossing has both so I am sure they are all making money on that. Its probably the only thing that does make money.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited February 2015

@Rob92 - what sort of server do you have from them?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Rob92 - what sort of server do you have from them?

768MB of RAM, 10 GB HDD, and 25 TB of bandwidth for $8 a year. I honestly don't care about the bandwidth since I never have used more than 2 TB before.

• @MarkTurner said:
    MSPNick - E3-1230v1 is easy to sell for that price, because most providers rented them out 2-3 years ago, recovered their cost so its just OPEX they need to cover. Its sustainable, IF you have the existing inventory and have your own facility. Colo-crossing has both so I am sure they are all making money on that. Its probably the only thing that does make money.

Did you see what they was offering though?

They was also saying that they was using Quadranet DC in dallas... Which, they wasn't.

ColoCrossing and Quadranet I believe use TierPoint in dallas.

• @Rob92 - OpenVZ VPS?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Rob92 - OpenVZ VPS?

Oh I thought it would be obvious being from GVH xD Yeah it is :)

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited February 2015

MSPNick said: Did you see what they was offering though?

I thought GVH single sourced through Colocrossing?

• @Rob92 - it could be Shared hosting ;)

768MB of RAM, 10 GB HDD, and 25 TB of bandwidth for $8 a year

I just don't see how that could possibly be profitable without extreme overselling, especially considering its SSD based. What type of processor are you receiving? E3 or E5?

• @MarkTurner said:
    I thought GVH single sourced through Colocrossing?

Yes but what Jonny MC noodles was saying was he was using Quadranet is Dallas, even though he was using ColoCrossing in Dallas.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Rob92 - it could be Shared hosting ;)

I just don't see how that could possibly be profitable without extreme overselling, especially considering its SSD based. What type of processor are you receiving? E3 or E5?

Hahah true :P I actually am on a SDD-Cached node I believe. It's an E3 core I know for sure though.

• @MarkTurner said:
    MSPNick - E3-1230v1 is easy to sell for that price, because most providers rented them out 2-3 years ago, recovered their cost so its just OPEX they need to cover. Its sustainable, IF you have the existing inventory and have your own facility. Colo-crossing has both so I am sure they are all making money on that. Its probably the only thing that does make money.

I know he must've got himself in a massive hole though...

• MSPNick said: Yes but what Jonny MC noodles was saying was he was using Quadranet is Dallas, even though he was using ColoCrossing in Dallas.

Caveat Emptor

This is common place in this industry though. Some people word around it, some just blatantly lie.

@Rob92 - I think you probably need to plan for some changes to that plan. I can't see it being sustained. If your service gets sold rather than the underlying company then the obligation to provide does not necessary transfer to the new company.

• MSPNick said: I know he must've got himself in a massive hole though...

I think its more like the Mariana trench

• @MarkTurner said:

I wouldn't be too surprised. I can live without that amount of bandwidth, but the Chicago location I love because of the low latency in my location :) Luckily I have backups of things so should something go wrong it's all good.

• @MarkTurner said:

The 75TB for $5 just says it al..

• @XFS_Duke said:
    [...] It will be profitable for me.

Looks like it was a good decision to leave GVH soon after I tried their services. Nothing personal. Are all transferred customers from GVH well aware of changes to come?

I understand the plans were unsustainable, but once the rules are changed during the game, it means that could happen later. GVH should at least admit the plans were absurdly built, IMNSHO.

Good luck sorting it all out.

• @Master_Bo said:
    Good luck sorting it all out.

Just like CVPS, they got customer data, it doesn't matter if you leave now or later, they'll blast out an email to entice you back in.

• @MSPNick said:
    [...] it doesn't matter if you leave now or later, they'll blast out an email to entice you back in.

"Dear valued customer. It may come as a surprise, but... you either pay us 20 times as much, or GTFO!"