Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eNetSouth Cloud VMware in San Jose down - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

eNetSouth Cloud VMware in San Jose down

Comments

• jhjh Member

From what I've read, you're too late @AasonS.

• Ixape said: He's left his mail box open :(

Someone's been stealing his mail? That's why we never got any replies!

• LOL you are funny...

• @jtodd @AasonS
    I don't think it's too late. The 8x8 24 hour grace period is for those hosted in San Jose. If you are hosted in San Jose, you might be screwed. (Of course, you can always ask nicely again...)

For me and @AasonS, who are Chicago IL customers, 8x8 does not have a datacenter for Chicago. I think that's the ColoCrossing company, who I'm contacting right now.

• I've finished chatting with ColoCrossing; they are adamant against letting info out, also because of the privacy protection policy they have. :/ And they deny having eNetSouth as a customer, even though my reverse IP says otherwise... :P

Maybe if all the Chicago customers banded together, we might convince them to turn on the servers for a bit...?

• @alberthrocks

Did you expect them to give out private info :P Never going to happen whether you have been screwed over or not.

The people on servers with 8X8 who got there data back thanks to them were just lucky, most companys wont care, Brandon has not paid them and he is there customer, the people Brandon has let down are not ColoCrossing customers so it makes no difference to them whether you get your stuff back or not.

Most company's will format the server within a few days of it not been leased anymore, no point in them having servers full of data, they get them recycled ASAP.

• I just chatted with ColoCrossing support and they said that if Brandon or someone else from ENScloud got in contact with them in an official capacity they could work something out. They said that any help contacting ENSCloud would be greatly appreciated. Brandon or Brian, if you're out there, please help us all out here?

In ColoCrossing's credit, they seem like really good folks just caught in a legally sticky situation and seemed like they'd be willing to work something out.

• alberthrocks said: they are adamant against letting info out, also because of the privacy protection policy they have. :/ And they deny having eNetSouth as a customer

If they "deny having eNetSouth as a customer" then they are letting information out :) Maybe you misunderstood..

• I think they mean "personal information" and not information in general.

• variablevariable Member
    edited October 2011

I have a vps instance sitting on Chicago, IL - eNetSouth Two
    I was talking to the colocrossing sales guy, he said the main server is still up, but he couldn't ping my instance ip tho, he said we need to contact Brandon for connectivity issue (yeah right, he's gone) ...

• my server is up again, done the backup and exiting

• @variable

I would say that was a wise choice.

• Same here - performing full data backup, and getting the heck out of there. When I'm done with backups, I can probably provide (anyone who wants it) my quickly written script for doing backups - very, very efficient! :D

Somewhat offtopic, but can anybody recommend a similar, non-overselling host for 768 MB RAM? I'm trying to get my stuff online ASAP. I care a LOT about uptime and stability.

• @alberthrocks said: Somewhat offtopic, but can anybody recommend a similar, non-overselling host for 768 MB RAM? I'm trying to get my stuff online ASAP. I care a LOT about uptime and stability.

I don't think there are many hosts selling 768MB. BuyVM and Hostigation would be my top recommendations, but both are out of stock for 1024MB OpenVZ. ChicagoVPS has been great for me, but again not 768mb.

• @Kairus said: I don't think there are many hosts selling 768MB. BuyVM and Hostigation would be my top recommendations, but both are out of stock for 1024MB OpenVZ. ChicagoVPS has been great for me, but again not 768mb.

I'm fine with 1024 MB as long as it's $12.99-$17.99/month, preferably the lower range.

• @alberthrocks, if you could share your script, I'd much appreciate it!

• alberthrocks said: I'm fine with 1024 MB as long as it's $12.99-$17.99/month, preferably the lower range.

I've one lone KVM in your price range in LA

Thanked by 1alberthrocks
  • @AaronS said: @alberthrocks, if you could share your script, I'd much appreciate it!

Here you go: http://withg.us.to/performsystembackup
    As I've said, it's quick and dirty, but it works. The script MUST:
    1) Not be renamed to any other name ("performsystembackup")
    2) Be in the root (/) directory (CWD must be /)
    3) Be run as root (obviously)
    4) Be run while the system's files are not being modified (obviously - applies to ALL backups)

Follow that (not hard) and you'll get what you want. :)
    What do you get? You get:
    1) Logs of the backups (tar command output, both stdout/stderr)
    2) BZ2 compressed backups of each folder in the root directory, plus files in the root directory
    3) Error checking (obviously)
    4) Folder exclusion (like /dev)
    5) Minimal output

Modify the variables accordingly inside the script, keeping the limitations in mind. I recommend to NOT remove the current excluded directories unless you know what you're doing. (This is the exact script I'm running as we speak.) However, you MAY add entries. The entries only exclude directories found in the root dir, so specifying subdirectories won't work.

Run the script in a screen/byobu session. If you don't know what that is, look it up - particularly pay attention to reattaching and detaching, plus multiple terminals.

Once it's done, the final files will be found in the specified directory. You can then SFTP it over to your computer... or even better, to a new VPS if you've already gotten a new one! HTTP is also possible - make a symbolic link in your /var/www/ directory to the backup directory, and make sure the directory and its contents are CHMOD 777. This is somewhat insecure, so don't do it if you have confidential info. (And if you're doing HTTP, you should use a HTTP DL manager.)

@miTgiB said:I've one lone KVM in your price range in LA

Hold on to that - I'm still comparing prices, but I'm interested. :)
    Some questions:
    1) When was your last downtime? How long was it, and when did you announce it, if it wasn't unannounced?
    2) How long have you been operating?
    3) Could I get 30-40 GB HDD instead, if possible?

Finally, could anyone else vouch for this host? :)

• alberthrocks said: 1) When was your last downtime? How long was it, and when did you announce it, if it wasn't unannounced? 2) How long have you been operating? 3) Could I get 30-40 GB HDD instead, if possible?

1) In LA, what is downtime? Actually, I've only been in LA since July and have had 0 downtime and all the nodes have been up since they were powered on with the exception of 1 panic, but all outages are always announced before I start working on the problem on the announcement page so I can ignore tickets while fixing things.

2) As i1.net since 1995 then as hostigation.com since 2006

3) Probably, will need to see how the node is you land on.

• alberthrocksalberthrocks Member
    edited November 2011

@AaronS, I've updated the script again to fix a few bugs, add in overwriting checks, and improve error reporting. This should be the final update. (For now)

http://withg.us.to/performsystembackup

• Wow, posting advertisements and not getting back to customers on nodes that are down? Wow.

• They claim to be an unaffiliated company. Sadly, I don't have enough free time today to either confirm or deny... so I suppose we'll see.

• EnetCloud.com != enetsouth

• Looked at it from the different angle. It is true that he said what he would do and he did it. :)

"one of our core focuses and as you can see we practice what we preach" a quote from his new promo on WHT.

"The past day there are problems with our San Jose VMware. Between the rampant fraud, abuse and theft of services I am are exiting the VMware LowEndBox market. OpenVZ offers such as this one will not be a issue. VMware customers that are not using the VMware price tiers will not be affected but I have to draw the line with those losses somewhere.

I appreciate everyone’s patience while I get this sorted out.

Brandon"

• I think you mixed up something this is not the same company, It's a company from India as I can see. How silly would it be to restart a company with the almost same name...

• Christian said: How silly would it be to restart a company with the almost same name...

I've seen companies fold, "go bankrupt", ignore all client claims... only resurface under the same name a week later :P

• innyainnya Member
    edited November 2011

Thanks Tommy to point it out.
    I am totallyforgot to look at the company site(at india).
    I remembered that a few people though enetsouth was enetcloud before.

• @tommy That is very confusing :(