Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eNetSouth Cloud VMware in San Jose down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

eNetSouth Cloud VMware in San Jose down

Comments

• So the issue was, they havent paid there bills. That wont get you very far. Massive respect to 8x8 for doing this for Brandon's clients, thats a big plus in my books.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited October 2011

Totally saw this coming. Expect the same thing when the Softlayer bill comes rolling around. This makes his ONLY response on LEB even funnier:

Reading through these comments amazes me at the rampant speculation and conspiracy theories.

My favorite is how anyone could think that someone could be a “runner” to anywhere with 7.00/mo accounts. No way..

In a nutshell there have been some problems I am dealing with eNetSouth. Over the weekend there were some problems with our services in Birmingham, AL which is what led to email problems. Now resolved.

The past day there are problems with our San Jose VMware. Between the rampant fraud, abuse and theft of services I am are exiting the VMware LowEndBox market. OpenVZ offers such as this one will not be a issue. VMware customers that are not using the VMware price tiers will not be affected but I have to draw the line with those losses somewhere.

I appreciate everyone’s patience while I get this sorted out.

Brandon

Those $7/month 2GB runners!

Thanked by 1jamson
  • Damn it.. someone turned off my VPS... I bet it was Brandon.

• Mine are back online....backing up everything NOW!

THANK YOU ANDY, you're getting an assortment of cheeses and maybe a card!

• Oh also, thank you thaidavid! Hope your VMs come back online!

• Okay so it's confirmed that Brandon is actually a runner?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

danielfeng said: Okay so it's confirmed that Brandon is actually a runner?

I wouldn't call him a runner, but given how long he has been at 8x8 i'm assuming he's more than just a single month behind. If the softlayer (the $7/m 2GB) plans go offline, then it'd sound like it though :(

Francisco

Thanked by 1jamson
  • Oh it did.. I am backing them up right now and sending it over to Francisco. ;]

• Francisco said: If the softlayer (the $7/m 2GB) plans go offline, then it'd sound like it though :(

So far so good, but let's see what happens later.

thaidavid said: Oh it did.. I am backing them up right now and sending it over to Francisco. ;]

Er, wait.

The 2GB OVZ's are down? The ones he posted to the front page?

Francisco

• I hope your servers can handle my traffic.. Francisco.

thaidavid said: I hope your servers can handle my traffic.. Francisco.

If you got a busy SQL, get the shared SQL - best $1/m you'll spend :)

• Oh I already have a 1024 and a 128 with you Fran. :P If things look good ill get more. :D

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited October 2011

OMG, is up!

I thought it was alive because enscloud, but it isn't... so, doing my backup now, and erasing...

This is sad

$ uptime
     19:24:21 up 113 days, 18:40,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

Where can we write to the people at 8x8? They are good =)

$7 runners...

Edit: sorry, I read the mail

• How are you guys doing your backup? I am using ssh and transfering my stuff from one server to the other.. is there anyway to backup the whole image?

• I think you can't, maybe the admin in vSphere can. Just use ssh or rsync, no option =/

• You guys owe 8x8 big time. Might be nice to write them an email thanking them. That is a company more people should be doing business with.

• AuroraZ said: You guys owe 8x8 big time. Might be nice to write them an email thanking them. That is a company more people should be doing business with.

Already did it =)

• yomero said: Already did it =)

Good man :-)

• I would also like to thank Andy at 8x8 for enabling Brandon's ports long enough that we can at least get a backup - that is all I was really hoping for at this point since it is pretty obvious that Brandon has gone AWOL. Too bad, he seemed like a really nice guy from all the times I had any contact with him, but apparently even nice guys don't pay their bills.

Thanks again to Andy and the 8x8 crew for letting me save my data.

• @thaidavid said: did you get any positive help Zigga?

I didn't get a positive reply but the provider said they forwarded my Email to Brandon, and 10hrs later my VPS in Bama was up.

• AuroraZ said: That is a company more people should be doing business with.

I have actually tried Zerigo before (quite a while ago, before 8x8 bought them) and it's actually quite good. Developer centric like Linode and Rackspace/Slicehost. Pricing is out of LEB range though.

• What about LET, will it move out from enetsouth soon?

• Buting58Buting58 Member
    edited October 2011

circus said: What about LET, will it move out from enetsouth soon?

Yes LEA, move from eNS!! I'm moving as well

• Hey up providers,

Who's going to sponsor/host LET?
    Fran you have servers in san jose right?

I would recommend anyone with a ens service to immediately back up even if you have no problems as this doesn't look good.

Does anyone know Brandon's surname , begins with a c??

• I really like this servers :(

net said: Who's going to sponsor/host LET? Fran you have servers in san jose right?

I sent LEA an offer for, at the very least, a temp spot if he wanted to split away from the 'sponsored' locations. It's really up to him, he knows I've always been quite active on here, likely more here than on the front page even :)

Francisco

• Crawf**d is his surname. I wish he could still keep this vmware servers :(

Pinoy said: Crawf**d is his surname. I wish he could still keep this vmware servers :(

I don't think it's a choice right now. If he owes the money then he owes the money.

I'll be honest, after the tiff him & I had over the 32GB RAM argument he sent me a PM on here stating that all of his VMWARE stuff makes more than enough cheddar and his new plans were to prove a point (i'll leave that out). Maybe he's on vacation but, as I said somewhere else, he has been with 8x8 for quite some time now and was around on the front page so he knew it was due. On top of that 8x8 i'm sure would give him some sort of grace period since he's going to be on contact with them.

I dunno, as I said, any time I see people randomly rolling out $15/y's and uber amounts of RAM, especially UDIMM's, it looks sketchy.

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

net said: Does anyone know Brandon's surname , begins with a c??

Brandon Crawford according to this link: http://www.talkweather.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56732-looking-for-some-help-part-ii/

Also, here's some contact information that differs from eNetSouth's whois:

Crawford, Brandon  ([email protected])
      Enterprise NetSouth
      365 Basil Lane
      Boaz, Alabama 35957
      United States
      (256) 302-4288      Fax --