Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eNetSouth Cloud VMware in San Jose down - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

eNetSouth Cloud VMware in San Jose down

Comments

• Very weird. Yes Mike I had to click that link it was too long not to. :)

• asfasf Member

..detectives ^.^

• NickBudi said: Yes LEA, move from eNS!! I'm moving as well.

From what I can tell, the closure of eNetSouth is imminent. It's sad if it turns out this way, but I guess I might need to take action sooner rather than later. Will have to take some time off work today to move the site.

There has been a quite few offers from the providers here -- thanks for that. My preference would actually be not affiliated with any provider, and I rather pay for my boxes. We'll see.

• Looked like every time I decided to use single vps provider for primary that only last for only a year of stability.
    I decide to buy two more vps from ens and look what happen.
    All my vps (ens) are still up(chicago, San Jose, Alabma). but It looks like they won't be there for long.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited October 2011

@LowEndAdmin I got a couple Celerons you can use. How that's for a LEB? :D

(I actually don't as I have no empty rack space. They're 2Us and I would have to move things around on the racks to get 2 U's together emptied.)

• innya said: Looked like every time I decided to use single vps provider for primary that only last for only a year of stability. I decide to buy two more vps from ens and look what happen. All my vps (ens) are still up(chicago, San Jose, Alabma). but It looks like they won't be there for long.

It's sad, the VPSes performed really nicely too. I've still got my $7/m ChicagoVPS server, hopefully that one stays up, or I'll have to find other arrangements for minecraft :(.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited October 2011

You have stability issues with all forums of hosting, even at the dedicated server level. One of the major reasons why I finally started just buying my hardware.

The last straw was getting a server from a reseller at a Long Island datacenter (I don't even remember the name) with the wrong driver for the network card. Wouldn't go into duplex mode (I think that was the problem.) and he didn't understand why it was an issue.

• My servers are now online. Do you think this will not last long? Are the servers online because 8x8 temporarily allowed access to the server? Should I cancel my PayPal subscriptions now?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Pinoy said: My servers are now online. Do you think this will not last long? Are the servers online because 8x8 temporarily allowed access to the server? Should I cancel my PayPal subscriptions now?

it was online for a 24 hour period.

At the very least pull backups and see what happens.

Francisco

• Pinoy said: Should I cancel my PayPal subscriptions now?

You SHOULD.

Damn, after this the people still want to be with that brand?
    And like some comment here... when the people will learn?

• As someone said, never. If then. Me included :D

• It's like people buying the stock of failing companies on Wall St, they are known as bag holders.

• innyainnya Member
    edited October 2011

ENS vmware down time were due to some hipcup with colocrossing problem in Chicago.
    Both my ENS vmware went down for 30 minutes as well as Chicagovps openvz vps.

I keep my backup.So, I am ok. I like what I got with ENS. Let's wait and see.

• innya said: I like what I got with ENS. Let's wait and see.

After seeing that they didn't pay one datacenter for their bill, you still want to stick with them? I don't understand the thought process...

• miTgiB said: It's like people buying the stock of failing companies on Wall St, they are known as bag holders.

lol then in this industry, they must be named "deadpool holders"! I admit I've been one of "those" a lot of times in the past, I almost got used to it at some point :(

• innyainnya Member
    edited October 2011

I will at least want to hear Brandon side of the story before I am totally moved away from ENS.

@Yomero: this is a human nature :). We still like to try it out even if it is impossible to be sustainable or profitable. People like to jump on to the provider who offer a bit more for less even though it did not add up to profit.
    For example, people jumped on hostrail. Rackvm, & Garman as well as IPAPCo.
    I was one of the person who join in for fun.

But not for buyvm.net, It did very well and doing really good for the LEB price.
    My hats off to Fransico for doing good job.

• yomero said: Damn, after this the people still want to be with that brand? And like some comment here... when the people will learn?

Because the vps really performs well compared to other vps I have :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

Pinoy said: Because the vps really performs well compared to other vps I have :)

There's a saying for that... too good to be true. ;)

• innya said: I will at least want to hear Brandon side of the story before I am totally moved away from ENS.

Implying Brandon will still show up and tell his side of the story

• Pinoy said: vps really performs well

De mortuis aut bene, aut nihil

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

innya said: But not for buyvm.net, It did very well and doing really good for the LEB price. My hats off to Fransico for doing good job.

I honestly want to hear from Brandon about what's really going on.

• @Francisco: Yes, I would like to hear from Brandon. I have been using his vmware vps(@colocrossing) for 15 months.

• Francisco said: I honestly want to hear from Brandon about what's really going on.

Have you guys considered one possibility - emergency? I mean maybe something bad happened to him and he is not able to let others know.

Oh no watched too much CSI.

• danielfeng said: Have you guys considered one possibility - emergency? I mean maybe something bad happened to him and he is not able to let others know.

Oh no watched too much CSI.

Someone there should have access to his email or something. I don't buy no one has access to anything but him. If that is the case then he needed to hire someone or have a family member in case of emergency to handle things. Even an email to clients explaining what's is going on. Do not hang people out to dry and definitely do not screw people over like he has done.

• AuroraZ said: Someone there should have access to his email or something.

Ditto. In our case, two people have access to Fran's email. admin@ and abuse@ come to three of us, and billing@ comes to two of us. If I get hit by a bus on the way home (and this one actually finishes me off), Anthony and Karen could step in and take over where I left off.

Now, I know there are exceptions (Tim, for example), but you don't last as long as he has in hosting without having a few plans in place.

• Aldryic said: but you don't last as long as he has in hosting without having a few plans in place.

Let's hope so, by goodness!

• Aldryic said: Now, I know there are exceptions (Tim, for example), but you don't last as long as he has in hosting without having a few plans in place.

I am willing to bet Tim has some kind of plan in place in case of emergency also. This is how people make money, yes even clients do make money, so it would be insane not to have the plans in place.

• Aldryic said: I know there are exceptions (Tim, for example)
    Aldryic said: without having a few plans in place.

Funny enough, someone asked me this in a ticket today, so I get to re-use my answer. It is simple to not get hit by a bus, live in a town without bus service.

On a more serious note, there are 2 others with access to everything should I fall ill, goto jail, walk away .........

• I was hit in a town that didn't have bus service... was a tour bus passing through <_<