Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial LET introduction thread! - Page 30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial LET introduction thread!

Comments

• Hi

Rajib from India ... Joined here for low deals and then loved this place and dramas...

• TDPTDP Member

Hello,

I've been a long time user of VPS's from various providers. And I've also been a long term lurker of LET, so I guess it's time I make an account lol! I'm kind of obsessed with trying new things out with various hosting providers, haha. I live in sunny Florida, and love it down here! My passions are tech, FOSS, and cars. Feel free to visit/sign up to my social media instances, and forum. The services I run actually respect your privacy.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

I'm Tab, Founder of Spry Servers. Been a member for a few months, but just became active a week or so ago. Didn't see this thread until just now. 😂

So, hello.

• Howdy all, excited to join this forum. Just saying hi :)

• Hello everyone, I am new here on LET, in NJ, USA.
    I work in the IT industry, hopefully ill be able to help on the forum and be here for a long time to come!

nice to meat everyone

Thanked by 1eol
  • Hi, I'm Chadli from DZ I have been working in Web hosting services for 10 years.
    I'm Very happy to know the forum
    Best Regards.

• Hello, I'm Rashad from Azerbaijan.
    Have more experience in web, hosting and cybersecurity areas.

• HI, I'm wtfcook. Living in the southwest US, which will be pretty much uninhabitable in 20 years(if not less). Advanced idler.

• hostwebishostwebis Member, Host Rep

Hello to all.
    This is my first post!
    I'm from Portugal and i would like to utilize this forum to know a few more from the hosting industry and also buy some services.

• Hi, I am not eol (yet).
    Anyway, thanks for having me.
    In case it matters I am from Germany.

• hello All. I'm based in Manchester UK. I run a small independent web hosting and digital marketing business. Love to watch movies and a huge fan of marvel. Sick of WHT and looking for a better community. Heres looking @ U LET ;)

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

Hi, I am Geert from Naranjatech, will be offering some sweet deals once I get the provider tag....

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@hostwebis said:
    Hello to all.
    This is my first post!
    I'm from Portugal and i would like to utilize this forum to know a few more from the hosting industry and also buy some services.

Welcome from Portugal!

• hostwebishostwebis Member, Host Rep

Thank you ^_^

• @alievinfo said:

Ilham Aliyev?

• EmmetEmmet Member
    edited January 2019

Hello everyone,

I'm Emmet, from the North East, in England (UK).

I look forward to being an active member of the LET community.

• eoleol Member

Welcome, sir.

Thanked by 1Emmet
  • snorlaxsnorlax Member
    edited January 2019

Hello, everyone, snorlax here!
    Gotten many useful informations here and at #archlinux irc channel and I just got verified at Hetzner.
    I have to say, their cloud is excellent in terms of speed while worth much more than Linode at the same price!

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @snorlax, Welcome to LET. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying Hetzner Cloud! That's always great to hear.

On a different note, it is weird that thought of this XKCD when I saw you use IRC...? Do many other people on LET still use it?

--Katie, Marketing

• eoleol Member

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Do many other people on LET still use it?

Not me.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I'd be the guy from the XKCD comic still on IRC. Although it is quieter than it used to be.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • snorlaxsnorlax Member
    edited January 2019

@Hetzner_OL Hello! IRC of LET is as cold as it can be. I mean at first I heard u from #archlinux IRC Channel, they said your reputation is really good while the price is awesome compared to my previously used Linode. You are popular in the channel as well as LET. So I think you are my go-to for my mail server.
    And I wonder whether I will start with a better reputation with your Server Auction. When it comes to IP reputation for mail sending, is Hetzner Server Auction better than Hetzner Cloud?
    Also, a pity that I arrive at Hetzner too late to obtain an EX-LINE SERVERS when it's free on setup fee. They seem better deals than Server Auction.

• People were still using IRC in 2004!?

Thanked by 1pike
  • Poor @Taz, he is disabled... :(

Anyhow, welcome at LET, have a nice stay here.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Letzien said: People were still using IRC in 2004!?

IRC is pretty good as it avoid the centralization created by slack/discord and the like. Where "your" server is their server...

• @datanoise said:

Letzien said: People were still using IRC in 2004!?

IRC is pretty good as it avoid the centralization created by slack/discord and the like. Where "your" server is their server...

Can you still do a time based collision netsplit? Those were always fun- wait for someone you don't like to be online, wait for an attack, take their name, then boot them off.

@snorlax said:
    @Hetzner_OL Hello! IRC of LET is as cold as it can be. I mean at first I heard u from #archlinux IRC Channel, they said your reputation is really good while the price is awesome compared to my previously used Linode. You are popular in the channel as well as LET. So I think you are my go-to for my mail server.

That's great to hear! To be quite honest, I had never heard of IRC before I read that particular XKCD comic. (I honestly am a bit ashamed to admit how much I have learned from XKCD.) I'm glad you found us!

And I wonder whether I will start with a better reputation with your Server Auction. When it comes to IP reputation for mail sending, is Hetzner Server Auction better than Hetzner Cloud?

Hmm.. I am going to ask my colleague about that particular questions, since I've never heard it before and I'll get back to you with an answer.

Also, a pity that I arrive at Hetzner too late to obtain an EX-LINE SERVERS when it's free on setup fee. They seem better deals than Server Auction.

For non-auction servers, you can go to our server finder and then check the box on the left hand side that says "Setup: from € 0.00". The servers that have no setup fees can change from month to month, but there is usually at least one. You can also try checking on the Hetzner Discussion Forum to see if anyone is trying to offload a server in the "Marktplatz" (Under "Community") and may be willing to transfer it so you don't have to pay the setup fee. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2uptime snorlax
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2019

Hetzner_OL said: I had never heard of IRC before I read that particular XKCD comic

Hetzner_OL said: Do many other people on LET still use it?

I'm one of those idling on using IRC, last time I checked #LET #lowenbox I found it pretty much a circlejerk between a couple of obnoxious personalities; I'd blame the parallel Discord channel, if only the millennials playing there didn't show off even more

It would be nice if you had an (un)official channel like OVH Not that it'd be useful, probably. Just a nice place where to idle

Found your official channel, too bad it's German-only

• This is something I felt was missing from LET! I know a lot of us already k ow each other by their name. But why not have a official introduction thread, so we can officially introduce our self to each other. I hope you guys would hop in and introduce your self as well.

So let me start
    Hello, my name is TAZ. Hailing from the land of fried chicken, USA and the city that never sleeps, New York (LI).

What about you?

snorlax said: And I wonder whether I will start with a better reputation with your Server Auction. When it comes to IP reputation for mail sending, is Hetzner Server Auction better than Hetzner Cloud?

Okay, I am back. My colleague said that there are various factors that come into play with IP repuration. We try to keep our entire network clean and continuously work to improve our IP reputation in general. If you ever have issues with a specific IP reputation, please write a support ticket, and we will do our best to help." --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 1eol