Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial LET introduction thread! - Page 33
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial LET introduction thread!

Comments

• systemfreakssystemfreaks Member, Patron Provider

Hello, i am kleanthis and i like to create tutorials :) i would like to try to share y knowledge and meet people in the forum!
    i am happy to be with you!

• Hi,

I'm from Host4Peanuts providing Reliable and Affordable shared hosting for all your websites.

We are currently offering from <1USD per month for DirectAdmin control panel.

Extra 30% Discount for LET forum users! Coupon Code: LET30

Thanks

www.host4peanuts.com

• Hello,

A good host buyer from Mauritius.

Happy to be with your community.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Hello!

I'm a student with a passion for Linux and open-source. I've operated a small web hosting company since 2018 (2 years so far!). I try to provide the most affordable yet high quality services.

I also sporadically contribute to Virtualmin (mostly reporting bugs), as I think a free control panel can help more people than a paid one.

• Hello, my name is lokuzard and I came to spend my $7!

• Hey guys,

I'm Adrian, I'm providing free DirectAdmin shared hosting, premium shared hosing, vps services and soon DNS servics. I'm glad to be here.

• I am here.my feeling like that :D . damn,dark them is my way

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

This topic doesn’t seem to have the LET vibe. People too much friendly here.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • 4380043800 Member

Greetings from India!

I have just recently joined, and I love it here.

I hope to get acquainted with all of you :blush:

• @armandorg said:

The weekend is just starting, give it time :-)

• @armandorg said:

We're in a better place now. looks towards the sky

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • Hello all,

i'm following LET/LEB since a while but since few months i'm registered to participate. I honestly really enjoy to be close to good providers around, and i learn from bad providers (how to avoid them, who are they, why are they, etc.).

I've worked in the hosting industry (OVH) for ~2y until ~3y ago (Linux sysadmin operating OpenStack infras, i've started when it was still RunAbove). I work now for a bigger company not in hosting industry as a Linux sysadmin specialized in DevOps.

On my personal time i run a "small" gaming community federated mostly around Minecraft game. We are non-profit organization and are up since 10y! I've a small volunteer staff team with game masters, community managers and moderators ; we have 5k members, minimum 3 game servers (if i don't count special events and temp servers to play other games) and we use different techonologies (HetrixTools, Alpine Linux, Docker, Ubuntu, GitLab CI/CD, OctoDNS, Discord, XenForo, CloudFlare, Java, backups, etc.). Thanks to BuyShared our website cost almost nothing and run pretty well (few downtimes but hey, what can we expect for this price?).

I'm a deep IT enthusiast, more about hosting industry. Like how to quickly build a website, how to secure a server or wordpress, what are the best providers, etc. And to be honest, since few month, i'm questionning myself about starting my own summerhost hosting company. I'm studying tools that are mostly used, checking mentality and strategy of providers i like the most, how to start properly, i try to imagine how it will be hard to offer a good support (in short time i mean) and, most important for me, i'm trying to understand how to stay up in a long term way (meaning how to prevent downtime, how to be sure to last at least few years, etc). To be honest i'm more interested in KVM hosting than web hosting and i would like to start slowly and evolve slowly to be able to offer a stable service. I can't say i will run my own hosting provider for now because i'm not sure yet and need more answers. I'm taking my time (ahah but i've already the domain name i may use for it since like 3y i think xD).

Whatever, nice to meet you and hope to learn with you :) !

• seriesnseriesn Member

Hi. I am Jay aka Nahian aka @seriesn .

The guy who opened this thread @Taz is my cousin.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • 4380043800 Member

@t0ny0 said:

@armandorg said:

The weekend is just starting, give it time :-)

I read this a couple days ago and didn't believe you.

Finally saw what you meant recently.
    This place has its fair share of nice and rude people.
    Balance.

• Dominic here.

Been around at a couple hosts. Some may know me. Currently residing in H-Town (Houston, TX.)!

• Hello from Budgetvm..

Nice to meet you all!

• Hi All, we are fosshost.org a provider of free cloud-hosting services, strictly for the free and open source software community only. We are new to lowendtalk.com and are looking to appeal to those who may have open source projects and have some hosting requirement. Feel free to ask any questions or visit https://fosshost.org for more information.

We are in the US, UK and EU and provide a number of services, including mirrors, storage, domain registration and dedicated servers. All applications subject to manual approval.

Thanked by 1lanefu
  • Hello to all! My name is Irina and I represent a company from Russia, the city of St. Petersburg. I myself come from the city of Voronezh, which is rightfully considered the cradle of the Russian fleet.

• Hi everyone! I'm Vito, a web developer based in Espoo, Finland. I actually signed up a while ago but I totally forgot about this community and I don't think I have introduced myself yet.

I am currently working on a project of mine, a simple SaaS CMS. I was using Hetzner Cloud for quite a while for the Kubernetes cluster for this app; great service, but I had some issues with their integration of some stuff with K8s, so I switched to managed Kubernetes and also Postgres from Scaleway a little over a month ago. I like these services and it's nice to be able to focus 100% on my project, but they are pretty expensive for me (I left my job to work on this app and my budget is VERY limited unfortunately) and their servers are not particularly fast in my opinion. So because of price I am looking to go back to managing everything myself once again. I want to try another provider tho, so I have been researching a bit and found this community again :) The latest provider I have tried a few days ago was Time4VPS from Lithuania, good prices and surprisingly fast servers but they use 10.0.0.0/8 for the private network which was causing issues with some Kubernetes components due to overlapping networks. I prefer using default configurations for easier maintenance (I use Rancher to deploy and manage K8s), so I cancelled and got a refund. While searching again I found a couple of threads from here mentioning PHP Friends, so I ordered a few servers yesterday to try the service, hoping it works aut well for me because they offer amazing specs for great prices. I am still waiting for the servers because they were waiting for some new hardware, so I haven't tried them yet. I think I will start a thread about it to ask for updated opinions.

Thanks!

• @lokuzard said:
    Hello, my name is lokuzard and I came to spend my $7!

have u spend the $7?

• Hello,
    I'm Daniel C, sales manger of PacificRack.com.
    As a member of LET, I'm very exciting to meet you guys!

• @Pacficrack_Sales_C said:
    Hello,

Are you sales manger of pacficrack?

• @Cdoe said:

@Pacficrack_Sales_C said:
    Hello,

Are you sales manger of pacficrack?

Yes it's me.

• my name is colin | Malaysia
    only found out vps and server a month ago, learning all as a newbie.

• Hi!
    I’m Anton, from Spain, newbie and very interested in learning about this.
    Best regards!!!

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

Hi all!

My name is Thomas and I run Webhosting24 and am looking to expand into the VPS world. I was reading on LET for quite some time and now want to engage with the community.

Active in Italy, Austria and Germany, currently not traveling that much :-)

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Hello,Everyone.Erica here from China.Love coffee,Love travel.Nice to know you.

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

Hello,Everyone.Erica here from China.Love coffee,Love travel.Nice to know you.

programmer = an organism that converts caffeine into code :-)

• Hello

Im Fugi.... Im new here...

Started a service providing remote desktop services to uploaders....

My Site >> https://fugitsurdp.com/

• Hi,

I'm RK From India.

I am excited to meet you guys!