Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial LET introduction thread! - Page 34
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial LET introduction thread!

Comments

• Greetings from India,
    Joined LET a few years back and have been an avid reader ever since. Want to participate in the community now and glad to be here.

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2021

Some users are introducing them self and some are doing marketing..

:/ :/

• Hi everyone, nice to meet you!

• @OBHost said:
    Some users are introducing them self and some are doing marketing..

:/ :/

The irony.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Hello Everyone ^^

I'm Daniel - I've actually been on LowEndTalk before (my other account is nearly 7 years old!), but alas I have since left the website monitoring company associated with that account, so... er, hello!

I'm Daniel... wait I've already said that.

I currently run https://changecrab.com which is a changelog as a service provider, so go check that out and install it for free. Or don't. I mean, you're not going to... mean bastards.

Right. Ok. Hello, I'm Daniel.

See you all around.

• Hi im lanefu. Im an Armbian dev. A @fosshost customer, a cloud / devops consultant, but that just means im just like a Linux Server nerd with some buzzwords.

Anyway ive been having fun provisioning KVM acceletated VMs using nomad and basic cloud-init stuff.

It would be fun to experiment at larger scale with some sort of janky service offering that would at least have quick provisioning.

Whats the appetite for a low-end provider that only offered like IP6 IPs... maybe some IPv4 port forwarding and maybe HAProxy vhost proxying or tcpsni forwarding?

• My name is Carington and I am a new VPS product manager at OVHcloud.

I joined LET to discuss with the VPS community, to understand your needs, to take into account your criticisms, to understand the market trends, to collect feedbacks from the community in order to improve our VPS offer.

On the personal side, I'm a big geek who likes video games and fried chicken! ;)
    I'm French and I live in the beautiful city of Lille.

• coldcold Member

@Carington said:
    My name is Carington and I am a new VPS product manager at OVHcloud.

I joined LET to discuss with the VPS community, to understand your needs, to take into account your criticisms, to understand the market trends, to collect feedbacks from the community in order to improve our VPS offer.

On the personal side, I'm a big geek who likes video games and fried chicken! ;)
    I'm French and I live in the beautiful city of Lille.

why doesnt ovh give /64 ipv6 like all other providers ? i just curious....

• my comment is 1000 post on this thread :#

• Heey. From down under Kenya. Hope good and helpful discussions here

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

Joining LET was a good decision. <3

• corwincorwin Member

@fosshost said:
    Hi All, we are fosshost.org a provider of free cloud-hosting services, strictly for the free and open source software community only. We are new to lowendtalk.com and are looking to appeal to those who may have open source projects and have some hosting requirement. Feel free to ask any questions or visit https://fosshost.org for more information.

We are in the US, UK and EU and provide a number of services, including mirrors, storage, domain registration and dedicated servers. All applications subject to manual approval.

Hi I'm corwin. I'm a director with Fosshost, specifically charged with helping Thomas, our founder, build our organization to last, and be worthy of public trust, well into the future.

I work at a Fortune 250 firm generally in the finance sector. I provide technology and business decision making support and handle compliance/risk and strategic design concerns for some of our public (brand facing) and internal web properties. Minnesota, USA, M, with 5, 20y-5y. Dee and I met at the MN Renaissance Festival where we played music together for several years during high-school.

Dee is a school teacher, focused on service to English Language Learners in Mahamadi, MN public schools and recently appointed to the state advisory commision ESL/ELL. She still performs regularly playing guitar, mandolin, and singing.

By night, i'm creating a role-play gaming (RPG) engine for GNU Emacs, the text editor, and a help a little with other Emacs related projects such as or (worg co-maint), EmacsConf, and ERC. I've been known to volunteer also for local non-profits especially those related to literacy, social justice, and/or science fiction fandom.

I don't currently devote a great deal of time to maintaining any personal sites but I'm on various social media, generally as corwin or mplsCorwin and nearly always make whatever I share that way as public as whatever forum allows.

o/

Thanked by 1lanefu
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Deltacanard
    @Shakib
    @corwin

Welcome to LowEndTalk!

• 0xOkami0xOkami Member

Goodevening, from the Netherlands!

I'am Noah, I'am a cybersecurity expert and network analyst and I'am here from a few friends who invited me to this amazing forum. I have enough budget to go with a I9, but the Xeon wise performance with the simple ssd's feels for me always better to use. I got some amazing deals here and my favorite OS is ofcourse Windows XP :)

Have a amazing time on here like we do!

Welcome to LowEndTalk Noah! @0xOkami

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said:
    @Deltacanard
    @Shakib
    @corwin

Welcome to LowEndTalk!

LoL :*

It's been almost 4 years.

@Shakib said:

@jbiloh said:
    @Deltacanard
    @Shakib
    @corwin

Welcome to LowEndTalk!

LoL :*

It's been almost 4 years.

Then glad to have ya!

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • HI

My Name is Prashant. I usullay use "devp" and "devprashant" as username on developer related stuff on various platforms. That a pick here as well.

I really like how mature discussion are happening here. Yes i am tracking lots of threads on daily basis from weeks now and already visited aroung 1000+ threads and read above 15000+ comments in these posts ( some detailed threads even multiple times ) in a month.

And thats how i joined.

Regards

Prashant

• Hello from tropical Indonesia!
    I'm Fizzy and I'm not really a developer...or expert anything even remotely related to IT (heck, I'm an accounting student lmao)—I just do random things which forces me to get a cheap but sufficient VPS.

• Hi,
    This is Niels checking in from Tilaa HQ. I just started working here and I'm trying to get to grips with the cloud industry. I'm here to read up on what is keeping everyone busy, the competition and of course promote our company every now and then ;)

• MastodontMastodont Member
    edited December 2021

Hello to all from Czechia. Mastodont, perpetual PHP+Postgre student.

• MichSMichS Member

Hi there, I'm Michael. Just learning server stuff in my free time and I finally joined to be able to participate in givaways as well. ;)

• Most recent 2 posts are half a month ago and nearly half a year ago, so why they recommend this thread in the newbie instructions?

Anyway, hi there, nice 2 meet all of you. I'm kisser.

• Hi there, I'm Florin. I'm from Romania, and I like playing with VPSs and web hosting control panels.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@kisser said:
    Most recent 2 posts are half a month ago and nearly half a year ago, so why they recommend this thread in the newbie instructions?

Anyway, hi there, nice 2 meet all of you. I'm kisser.

1) the newbie instructions are not updated often
    2) it’s not the moderators fault that all the new cunts ignore the instructions. Most of the fucking idiots here can’t follow the rules anyway.

Never abbreviate ‘to’ to ‘2’, that’s awful behaviour, 1 demerit.

What do you kiss?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@idflorin said:
    Hi there, I'm Florin. I'm from Romania, and I like playing with VPSs and web hosting control panels.

Sounds dull, don’t you like exploding cars or ninjas or something cool like that?

• @idflorin said:
    Hi there, I'm Florin. I'm from Romania, and I like playing with VPSs and web hosting control panels.

Is Florin a common name in Romania?

• dosaidosai Member

@idflorin said: