Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial LET introduction thread! - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unofficial LET introduction thread!

Comments

• ceapaceapa Member
    edited July 2016

So, another dedicated hosting aspirant here!
    From Romania, with love (^_^)

• Hi everyone,

Here a little bit about myself :

I 'm Marvin , living in Belgium and am provider in various ICT matters.
    Think of servers and domains , among others .
    I do this with success and lots of fun for several years.

More questions? but send a message ;)

• @Edison2841 said:
    Hello there,
    glad to see you here.Hope find wisdom in here.

For Wisdom you need to PM Johnny!

• Hi guys! I'm new to LET! Hope to have a good stay here!

• Hi! I am new here. Hope to find some useful information as well as provide any to you :)

• GigsGigsGigsGigs Member, Host Rep

I am Sam from GigsGigs.com / GigsGigsCloud.com , provider for hosting services in Asia. Services offered include , Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Server, Bandwidth and Networks (BGP Peering etc)

• Hey all, I'm an old friend of Raymii.

I'm an independent console game developer, web programmer and I'm currently learning to make desktop apps too.
    And I would like to start a web hosting company within a year.

One of the reasons I joined was because I wanted to promote my web hosting stuff, but I don't mind the restrictions for now.
    I'm not ready yet when it comes to that since I am still developing a control panel (I could as well just use PLESK, cPanel or any other existing package, but I prefer to set my own standards for everything).

Another reason would be to write a review, but I just cut my left index finger, so typing just became very inconvenient. (*´Д`)

But if I like this site well enough, I'll stay for more stuff.

• @GigsGigs said:
    I am Sam from GigsGigs.com / GigsGigsCloud.com , provider for hosting services in Asia. Services offered include , Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Server, Bandwidth and Networks (BGP Peering etc)

Do you have any good discount on the VPS recently? Please PM me

I do foreign trade business friends help to find some reliable long-term cooperation

• Hello, I'm Philip, i live in Aruba, i have been in this business for over 6 years and we have a couple of small service providers for spanish talkers on latin america, shared cloud host and cloud servers. I'm here looking to know people, stay in touch with the community and maybe to find a business partner.

• Hello,

I'm Khairil Gunawan, CEO Founder of Indoworx.
    My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Khairil07

• Hi Everyone

Jon from FidoNet here ... we've been around providing hosting and colo services for some 15 or so years, historically to the corporate market and have always called ourselves "The Coutts of the hosting industry" ... never the cheapest, always focussed on quality first.

Chosen by the professionals for the professionals ...

We're expanding and starting to offer low end plans on top of our more prosumer / dedicated offerings and starting to advertise and market (something we're new at as we have always gained business through word of mouth!)

We provide support and plans for resellers as well as end users, and offer a multitude of services including xDSL in the UK and both virtual (OpenVZ/KVM) and dedicated servers as well as shared hosting plans.

Check us out at https://www.fidonet.com/ or tap me up to find out more and get some special discounts and offers :)

Jon Morby
    FidoNet

(and yes, I'm the same Fido from the BBS days and the European<->US Echomail gateway running a BBS from 1984 - 1995 when I ended up working at Demon Internet full time)

• Hey Guys,

I'm Venu from India. Nice to meet you all.

• Hey,

I'm girino, hope i can find a good VPS around here. Nice to meet you all

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2016

@fidonet Sorry for mistaking your offer as a rule violation earlier!

Anyway, happy 15th (ish) birthday! (and welcome to LET) :)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I am Unofficial Dewlance from Official place.

• @fidonet said:
    Hi Everyone

Jon from FidoNet here ... we've been around providing hosting and colo services for some 15 or so years, historically to the corporate market and have always called ourselves "The Coutts of the hosting industry" ... never the cheapest, always focussed on quality first.

Chosen by the professionals for the professionals ...

We're expanding and starting to offer low end plans on top of our more prosumer / dedicated offerings and starting to advertise and market (something we're new at as we have always gained business through word of mouth!)

We provide support and plans for resellers as well as end users, and offer a multitude of services including xDSL in the UK and both virtual (OpenVZ/KVM) and dedicated servers as well as shared hosting plans.

Check us out at https://www.fidonet.com/ or tap me up to find out more and get some special discounts and offers :)

Jon Morby
    FidoNet

(and yes, I'm the same Fido from the BBS days and the European<->US Echomail gateway running a BBS from 1984 - 1995 when I ended up working at Demon Internet full time)

swoon
    Total nerdgasm. Thank you from a point somewhere in Australia.
    Do you still provide free echomail XD ? I miss L2E lol

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    I am Unofficial Dewlance from Official place.

wat

• Hey guys. I'm currently a student (final year compsci) and really enjoy pretty much everything related to computers, softwares, and systems (hehe :P), and would love to be a part of the community.

Being from India, the cheaper deals offered in the community are a warm welcome. :)

This is my condition right now (xD):

• Hi Guys

I'm afraid there's no "free" echomail any more ... although I'm considering starting up NNTP again if there was any interest ... it has been a while though, and I'm not sure I'd run the binaries groups if we did start running NNTP again.

Question is, would there be any interest in an NNTP feed if it didn't have binaries?

Anyway thanks for the greetings (and Birthday wishes!)

Jon

Thanked by 1mycosys
  • Hello there, nice community, we are from DediByte. We would love to stay and keep this community with good reputation. :)

• Greetings! I am a software engineer and operations guy at a large storage company, and am a user of a number of the awesome deals that show up occasionally in LEB. I am interested in a lot of the business and software challenges around hosting and reselling, and hope to become a part of this community.

• Hi everyone, since I am new here, let me introduce myself.

I am just an ordinary IT enthusiast and currently working as a software engineer. My first experience with cloud hosting is with CaC which I heard from one of my friend to host my own development server, and it is really sucks :(

So, because of that I start my journey to learn more about cloud hosting world and found this community (thanks God). Having said that, I am pretty much a newbie in this world. I hope I could learn whole lot from this community, so please bear with me if I occassionally ask a newbie stuff here :)

I am now hunting new home for my server at CaC, and gonna need some more too. Thanks to this forum I already found one provider that fits my needs and so far I am happy with that. Looking forward to find another great provider like it.

So that's it, and yeah, as you my already notice I am not a nitive english speaker, so please don't be to harsh with my grammar :)

• Hello,
    This is Sharp Servers we're happy to meet you!

• @rpcope said:
    Greetings! I am a software engineer and operations guy at a large storage company, and am a user of a number of the awesome deals that show up occasionally in LEB. I am interested in a lot of the business and software challenges around hosting and reselling, and hope to become a part of this community.

Welcome to LET! (don't open a summerhost and you'll be fine!)

Thanked by 1pike
  • Hi, I am Ellen and I am Welsch :)

• My name is S Stewart, and I am a C programmer, systems admin, broke person, and some other things that I can name off of top the top of my head.
    I live in Shady Shores, Texas in the US.
    I'll usually be found on IRC. :)

• I've been here since mid Oct. but I never saw this thread and didn't introduce myself, so here goes...

Hello everyone, I'm Tom and I'm from South Korea currently in the U.S. with an F-1 visa to get a degree in Biophysics.

I got into computers after high school and spent an entire summer doing nothing but working with and learning Linux. I have continued to do so in addition to my non-computer related studies at University.

I've done and am technically still doing some system administration for a few organizations that were willing to take me in order to help pay for my tuition or to add something to my resumé.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

It does like two years i am browsing LET and i realised i never took time to write a message here.

So let's do this ! The person behind ikoula account is Thomas i am 34.

i used to be a tech guy and two years ago i had the opportunity to do something totally different.

Working in the marketing team, i work on forums and over the phone answering discussions, providing trainings on our interfaces and also making documentations.

Sometime i also gather informations and dispatch them to our services.

Happy to be here !

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy pike
  • Hello all,

We are from Waxspace Web Hosting India. We provide the VPS, Dedicated, shared and reseller hosting.

We would like to be part of this growing hosting community. We group system admin, Security engineers, programmer to provide you the best hosting experience.

It would good time in the LET

• Hi all,
    I'm an IT infrastructure & startup-lover guy, and I was very happy to discover this community.
    I live in Europa, hope it is not a problem for you. I like docker, System Center, Openstack, Wordpress (with many plugins) and other things :)
    I hope we would have some good business and techno discussions together.

see you!