Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable.com - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable.com

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Infinity580 said: From my side, its not Catalyst to blame, its Incero. But however, i did happend and it can't be changed.

Sounds like Catalyst is to blame to me, and I co-founded it. But...

ryanarp said: I believe it was agreed that I could have handled things differently and I own that.

Problem solved.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

Infinity580 said: @ryanarp It depends, if you receive an Abuse report.

An abuse report was received, however it was only in the form of a notice that clarified the change in TOS with 30 days notice to allow people to finish their terms. I feel you have a misunderstanding about this and would be happy to help clarify this in PM. Lets keep this on topic to Wable.com and not Incero or Catalyst ;)

• I've had a personal Wable account since last summer and then grabbed a company account in the last few months - originally just going to use it for a sandbox and staging area. But recently (2 months back) moved our core business sites over to it. Not even a blip of downtime that I can detect.

Have them on separate VMs in Dallas & Seattle, and have another that we use for development of our custom panel/backend we're building - and will just keep it with wable on a new VM when done.

@Incero backups would be dope though, like just tack on an extra $X/mo per VM for nightlies (ideally across DCs) and I'll pay it just for an added layer of security and easier re-deployment if shit hits the fan.

Thanked by 2ryanarp SpeedyKVM
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2015

Infinity580 said: Yeah Incero sucks, no Tor-Relay allowed. I got a abuse on my VPS, to turn off my Tor-Relay. As the TOS says i need a Dedicated Server and send them my ID.

Just speechless.

How dare they enforce their TOS and request identification from an abuser!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2015

@MannDude said:
    How dare they enforce their TOS and request identification from an abuser!

Ah no? They dont requested any indentification, in this case. Just if you buy a dedi and use it for that.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @Incero said:
    Thanks for the feedback, we're working on a lot of upgrades but they will take time, as the product matures steadily. We're hitting our main goal, which is stability and uptime. We're certainly not hitting our goals for adding new features as quickly as we would like.

Customers who like Wable can get a free upgrade;
    Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher)

This link takes to the order page. explain the sequence for a new customer

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited April 2015

@mashokk369 said:

From memory when I used it myself you need to have an active bundle with them first, be logged in and then click on that link and it'll redeem it for you.

That's of course assuming that's it's still valid

Thanked by 2mashokk369 ryanarp
  • do they have money back policy?

• Now that I cannot answer, I've had a quick look at their ToS and didn't see anything notable. Maybe chuck their sales an email and see what they say.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2015

@Umcookies said:
    That's of course assuming that's it's still valid

Is it still valid? Does anybody know?

@Amitz said:
    Is it still valid? Does anybody know?

Still valid :)

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@mashokk369 said:
    do they have money back policy?

No we don't. Suggest you signup on the lowest bundle if money is tight, then upgrade as you need.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@mashokk369 said:

You won't need that. I had their bundle #3 for many months and the value for the money is nothing but excellent.

Thanked by 1ryanarp

@mashokk369 said:

Replied above. But just saw your sig. FYI we don't allow mailing on our network for sites not hosted on our network, e.g. no mailing services, and no mail marketing. Not sure if that was your intent, but thought I'd save you the hassle of signing up if it was (per your sig).

• AmitzAmitz Member

By the way: Do you have any plan to extend your services with an EU location?

@Amitz said:
    By the way: Do you have any plan to extend your services with an EU location?

No plans to do so, no. We have a NYC location which is ~60ms from London, which may be suitable for you.

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Incero said:
    No plans to do so, no. We have a NYC location which is ~60ms from London, which may be suitable for you.

I have used your NY location and it was indeed great. Sometimes, every ms counts, so an EU location would have been nice. But thanks for the prompt info! :-)

• @Incero said:
    Replied above. But just saw your sig. FYI we don't allow mailing on our network for sites not hosted on our network, e.g. no mailing services, and no mail marketing. Not sure if that was your intent, but thought I'd save you the hassle of signing up if it was (per your sig).

Thanks, But we have separate dedies for our mail services. We need loads of Ram and disk space for our zimbra mail service. We won't use VPS for this.

I am interested in some VMs to try a few things. I am keen on the memory and disk space free add-on offer. I asked about the money back policy only to use it if after signup I don't get the freebies.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness

@mashokk369 Understood. The powerboost is still active, it applies to bundle #3 and higher only. :-)

• filefile Member

Out of curiosity can you give some examples on what you meant by your post last month: "In addition we now filter common attacks by default without nulling you."

What's some common attacks that you'd filter?

@file said:
    Out of curiosity can you give some examples on what you meant by your post last month: "In addition we now filter common attacks by default without nulling you."

What's some common attacks that you'd filter?

Malicious traffic :) Open a support ticket if you are interested in more information. Posting this kind of information publically doesn't help anyone :P

• @Incero said:
    mashokk369 Understood. The powerboost is still active, it applies to bundle #3 and higher only. :-)

a) Is powerboost available if I order today/tomorrow?
    b) Is India in your supported countries list - for debit card payment?

Thanks

@mashokk369 said:

Yes, powerboost is available.

India is supported for card payments AFTER you first make 1x payment with a verified paypal account.

• @Incero said:
    India is supported for card payments AFTER you first make 1x payment with a verified paypal account.

my maestro dr card is not supported by paypal

• Whats the actual DDoS Protection? I got a mail "Your flow limit of 8000" is above the DDOS Attack you got. Now they banned my Account. This (was)/is the best VPS company in my opiniom, but they just closed my WHOLE account for 1 VPS - i got some DDOS from CHINESE IP's. :( No way to protect my VPS there?

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

@capsloadit that's terrible :( why ban for being DDoSed?

• @4n0nx said:
    capsloadit that's terrible :( why ban for being DDoSed?

yeah just got a ticket today. "please backup your files, and we are terminate your account due ddos".

i asked if i could just remove the affected VPS, didnt responsed yet.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@4n0nx said:
    capsloadit that's terrible :( why ban for being DDoSed?

If a host doesn't offer ddos protection then continuing to host a customer that gets attacked causes problems for other customers

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2015

@capsloadit said:

"Actually, it's their way of saying: bend over just a little bit farther so we can stick this big Incero dick up your ass a little bit deeper - a little bit deeper - a little bit deeper.

You miserable, no good, fucking consumer asshole, why would you think they would want to do business with you?"

Anyone else who deals with Incero feel like they are participating in what George Carlin called the advertising lulaby? Pretty much don't use a vps from them for production... If anything happens they decide the don't like... Bye! Good riddance! Don't let the door hit you on the way out! It's the Incero way!

Too bad you had to figure it out for your self.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1wolfman
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Walk it off.