Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable.com - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable.com

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2014

jcaleb said: The Bundle #3 is still a good deal. 9 ipv4, are those clean?

Unless he decide that he got all what was possible to get from ARIN and also find a way to take already given IPs back. Oh, wait, he announced this already, didn't he?

Thanked by 2Dylan ryanarp
  • Jar said: I mean seriously, be upset and complain all you want, but jumping to unreasonable conclusions just to try to further negatively impact their reputation just because you're upset at their decision?

When considering Wable, I did quite a bit of research. I found that in the past, Gordon has acted the same way. He simply doesn't put up with "bullshit." I'm sure that someone with such a strong no-bullshit policy can stand up for his own company on forums, and doesn't need several people who admit to being biased to do it for him as means of damage control. This whole clique mentality here is getting stale.

Zen said: Gordon isn't afraid to make decisions that other people would call drastic or unprofessional

This is the same as I've read. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or provides a poor service (because the quality of service was good) but it just doesn't work for me, and some others too. I don't want to open a ticket and have my account closed. Things like this made me really nervous all along.

I'm also not coming from the $0.75 plan or whatever. I was on the $8/month plan. Let's do some math quickly. $6 / $0.75 = 8. That's an 800% price increase. Will my plan be $64/month in a few months when they decide it's not sustainable? Do you see how things like this could keep people up at night?

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

@alexh said:
    I'm also not coming from the $0.75 plan or whatever. I was on the $8/month plan. Let's do some math quickly. $6 / $0.75 = 8. That's an 800% price increase. Will my plan be $64/month in a few months when they decide it's not sustainable? Do you see how things like this could keep people up at night?

[joke]
    God help you when your energy provider racks up their prices this winter.
    [/joke]

Thanked by 3alexh Pwner ryanarp
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited November 2014

@alexh said:

Who was your math teacher? They should get their credentials revoked. I can't understand at all where you got your figures from except for the original 0.75 plan.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @Pwner
    He said that because from 0.75 at #1, now you have to pay at least $6 to get a service.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @jcaleb said:
    The Bundle #3 is still a good deal. 9 ipv4, are those clean?

It isn't, if it's for vpn or website reverse proxy. I don't need 9 vpn in the same location, but $1 for a Seattle vpn ( fast to Asia ) was a great offer.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited November 2014

Pwner said: Who was your math teacher? They should get their credentials revoked. I can't understand at all where you got your figures from except for the original 0.75 plan.

[/facepalm] x2

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • salathesalathe Member
    edited November 2014

Is it just me who is unsettled by starting counting at 2?..

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • I guess Atlantic.net is a good alternative.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @wych said:
    The homepage looks so scattered with the new pricing/bundles offered.

2-$6

3-$8

7-$102

11-$600

Bundle #3 has been $8 forever too.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited November 2014

Jar said: I mean seriously, be upset and complain all you want, but jumping to unreasonable conclusions just to try to further negatively impact their reputation just because you're upset at their decision? You know the two are not related, I think you just want more people on other bundles to get upset and cancel. That's cool, totally your right to do so. Also my right to highlight it as a biased, but honest, third party :)

You're usually a pretty reasonable guy and it's surprising me how uncharacteristic you're being about this. Did you miss the part where I said I'm not on bundle #1, and that this has been a concern of mine (you of all people surely know that this is not the first change to existing services) since before this discontinuation? Saying that I'm voicing concerns about a service I HAVE simply to get other people to cancel is a rather offensive accusation that also makes very little sense (why in the world would I pay them money while simultaneously trying to get others to not pay them money?).

I have services with Wable, Catalyst, and Prometeus on Incero's network because I think it's the best in the US low-end market. I'm posting in this thread because I want someone from Wable to reassure me. I want to like Wable. I want to be sold on it. It would not take much, just a few words, to assuage my concerns (and, I suspect, those of the many others like me).

Thanked by 2Amitz ryanarp
  • @764664 said:

>

What do you think?

I think that price point probably attracted a lot of riff-raff that wasn't worth the hassle.

No matter who the provider is, if you don't have a contract, services and terms are subject to change at any time.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n ryanarp
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

Microlinux said: No matter who the provider is, if you don't have a contract, services and terms are subject to change at any time.

No one has accused wable.com of violating their terms of service.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @perennate said:
    No one has accused wable.com of violating their terms of service.

Ok, nor did I accuse anyone of accusing wable.com of violating their terms of service.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • I dunno what all the fuss is about.

Incero offered the Bundle #1 as a loss leader, to get the "wable" brand out there. Lowendtalk provided a nice platform to help do that.

Now they've achieved the objective and they're tired of dealing with "cheap" customers, so the boss says, "shut 'em down".

Incero isn't a lowend provider, they care nothing about the community here or any "lowend" ideology. They have bigger fish to fry.

And no, I'm not a disgruntled customer. I didn't like the feel of it from the beginning.

• So in summary, this is just a communications fail, right?

Also, I personally have always assumed that plan 3 would eventually return to $16 one day, and that there was a chance the 'boost' freebie would expire, so the demise of plan 1 doesn't really leave me 'concerned' as such, just that the amount of warning before a price rise/boost expiry might be relatively short.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited November 2014

I am using multiple low end boxes on different providers as DNS slaves, and if i need then i order more stuff from the providers.

Now, i am a bit disappointed that i am going to lose my cheap DNS slave server at Wable.

Anyhow it was an offer too good to be true, unfeasible for some of the players.

I am going to give a quick review of my 3+ months service with Wable:

Wable provided information regarding their discontinuation of service and new pricing - i respect that.

The system is stable and well built - i like that.

I didn't notice yearly payment option, the system is on the go, as it goes - i don't like that it makes me feel uncertain regarding a service, which is very important.

Past: Different node location than initially requested, small price increase - i don't care about that.

Overall, according to me, i got the impression that Wable are nice folks.

The aftermath:

I started using Wable wanting to try the service and i did.
    Wable started offering exclusively more resources, i don't need more resources at the moment.
    I simply don't have any logical justification towards myself for utilizing more resources.
    That's it so far, and then again, who knows what does the future hold...

Have in mind, this is just my opinion, it's not black and it's not white, it's grey-white.

tl;dr I'll buy a new low end DNS slave box replacement from somewhere else within the next week.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited November 2014

@Nekki said:
    So in summary, this is just a communications fail, right?

Also, I personally have always assumed that plan 3 would eventually return to $16 one day, and that there was a chance the 'boost' freebie would expire, so the demise of plan 1 doesn't really leave me 'concerned' as such, just that the amount of warning before a price rise/boost expiry might be relatively short.

#3 will return to $16 when the DFS sale is over

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • msg7086 said: It isn't, if it's for vpn or website reverse proxy. I don't need 9 vpn in the same location, but $1 for a Seattle vpn ( fast to Asia ) was a great offer.

It is good for people who needs it.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Janevski said: Overall, according to me, i got the impression that Wable are nice folks.

They are, and they do have the technical capabilities to run a good service.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • I've been running a Minecraft server and a StarMade server for my friends on my Wable account (Bundle #3). Really enjoy the service's simplicity and low price for the specs you get. And that upgrade link Incero shared was super cool too.

Thanked by 3vimalware jar ryanarp
  • @lukelarris said:
    I've been running a Minecraft server and a StarMade server for my friends on my Wable account (Bundle #3). Really enjoy the service's simplicity and low price for the specs you get. And that upgrade link Incero shared was super cool too.

fake review to defend wable.

Thanked by 2yomero ryanarp
  • I bought bundle #3 and enjoy it very much.
    I really hope they can offer more flexible plan.
    For example, I can't buy bundle #2 when I already have bundle #3. All I can do is to upgrade, but pay for additional RAM & ips that I don't need.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @creep said:

Why do you say that? I found it helpful to know that a small Minecraft server/java-app runs well.

Back On-topic: I really do think the team behind Wable know their product (and OpenVZ) well enough to provide the best dedicated resources OpenVZ plans.

But going forward, I really hope Wable/Incero would send out advance notifications to customers, BEFORE they are locked out of their control panels, in the event that Wable Inc. ever cancels a product line/plan. As I understand, in this latest plan#1 fiasco, this was a side effect of having the invoice-pending page as a non-dismiss-able nag-screen that appears on day1 of month. Wouldn't be the first UXbug that led to a PRdisaster.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Jar said: Actually no, that isn't logical at all. If Walmart took your favorite snack off the shelf would it then be logical to assume that their next plan was to neuter your dog?

Wrong, unfortunately. This is like Walmart taking your favorite snack off the shelf, then raiding the house of everyone who has some and taking it away.

• 0xdragon said: Wrong, unfortunately. This is like Walmart taking your favorite snack off the shelf, then raiding the house of everyone who has some and taking it away.

Maybe because the snack is poisonous or contaminated?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2014

vRozenSch00n said: Maybe because the snack is poisonous or contaminated?

And in Wable's case, was bundle #1 poisonous, or contaminated? Come on, there's a limit on how ridiculously inappropriate an analogy can be, the Walmart one maybe was a stretch, but your "continuation" is downright acting dumb on purpose.

I wonder why some of you have such a strong Stockholm syndrome to defend this Wable.

The only conclusion from this, is that it was a poorly thought out decision to offer such low-priced plan in the first place, if it doesn't fit into their business model so badly. (Note that there's a number of LET providers successfully matching those #1 specs and those prices as a matter of their normal operation, not a crazy opening special or the like.)

If they wanted to offer it here to "get their brand out there" or "get customers to try their service", generate brand awareness and good will, then all of that has been completely nullified by the decision to abruptly discontinue it, they overnight turned every bit of that PR into a negative, and instead of people having a good impression of their brand, they now have hordes of LowEnders at the gate with torches and pitchforks.

Certainly they are within their right to change and discontinue plans, but in the same way everyone is in their right to make a mental note near a provider's name, "oh those are the guys who suddenly cut me off from my VPS, made me waste time reconfiguring everything with a new box at another provider, yeah they place their own profit above good relations with a customer, shouldn't really trust them in the future".

• rm_ said: The only conclusion from this, is that it was a poorly thought out decision to offer such low-priced plan in the first place, if it doesn't fit into their business model so badly. (Note that there's a number of LET providers successfully matching those #1 specs and those prices as a matter of their normal operation, not a crazy opening special or the like.)

^ This, and also if you browse WHT, there is a similar pattern, be it on purpose or it is a bad business model. Despite the fact that I like some of the techs there, should it be analogized in some other form: "I like you, but I can't marry you" :)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • alexhalexh Member
    edited November 2014

http://i.imgur.com/zvisYn5.png

Thanked by: ryanarp

Sure hope you didn't thank that because you agreed with content. If that's the case, you can't do math. Regardless, very unprofessional, 0/10. Thanking people who insult those who dislike their company.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • programerprogramer Member
    edited November 2014

We tried to use the service for several reasons it never worked out for us, the attitude and the reply to the mails we got made us to move out, dont seems to be professional. Answers are like " why are you writing to me" kind of reply. Ramnode stands out of crowd only due to their proper, timely and mannered replies. Wable is definitely not in my good books, what ever the service they may offer, customer satisfaction is key in this business.