Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable.com - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable.com

Comments

• @MarkTurner said:
    tragic - I think Wable is SSD based though, your plans appear to be HDD based.

Bundle #1 was RAID-10 HDD based if I'm not mistaken.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Read the post with the amazing upgrade, and I was seriously considering it, but the thread seems to just go downhill with worse and worse things happening.

In 20 more posts something horrible is gonna happen from the ways things are going

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Is sad to see how a GREAT product becomes such a disappointment, I've just sent this email to them:

Hi, just to congratulate you by that great service, that said, sorry but I don't feel I'm a "Cheap" client, I used your service the right way, and always paid my bills, but you now send me an email insulting me saying "Bundle #1 (you) are Cheap Clients", sorry about that.

I was planning upgrade my bundle because you where serving great service, but now I'm afraid someday you consider me, Again, a "cheap client", so goodbye, you don't lose anything with my retreat, but I hope you don't lose to many "not cheap client" by the reputation yourselves are building with this UNPROFESSIONAL AND CHEAP way of treat your clients.

By the way THERE'S NO WAY NO ACCESS THE VSP BY THE CONTROL PANEL, thanks

Of course no answers to it; but they opened a new ticket, I think is because the last part of the email.

I hope to find a service with similar "product quality" but without that kind of client treatment.

Thanked by 2ryanarp Droidzone
  • Yeah, I just went ahead and cancelled my bundle because their system wouldn't autocharge my card, and the control panel is useless if you have ANY invoice due.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • It looks like Wable went from good to shit in about 1 week's worth of this thread posting.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2014

I see some valid complaints but I've been here long enough to know that no matter how they announced it, every single one of you who are complaining about it would be here doing the same regardless. It's always been that way on LET. You got a cheap service, it was good, you were given what you paid for and time to take your backups. Of all the horror stories here I simply cannot consider that to be one of them.

It was literally a VPN package. I can't imagine how many of you have had your lives wrecked over losing one of your VPNs. It said "VPN Usage" in the bundle name.

The valid complaints? Could have been announced better. Maybe a bug report for the panel. That's literally it. Like any announcement would have pleased everyone anyway...

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

@Jar a lot of people picked up the Bundle #3 when they had discount for it, so many of the concerns are because people with the Bundle #3 now realize there is possibility that their discount will disappear with only a week notice. Last time @Incero justified the price increase in Bundle #1 with the added locations, which seemed reasonable, but this time there's not much justification; also one month notice is very different from one week, I remember Catalyst had IP change once and you guys gave clients more than a month to switch.

Sure, providers have cut off product lines in worse ways, but in this case it came from a previously very well reputed provider. No one's saying wable.com is as unreliable as GVH, but it's undeniable that their apparent reliability has taken a significant hit.

I don't see an issue with people voicing their opinion that they aren't going to continue hosting with a provider who is known for cancelling plans on short notice in such unprofessional a manner ("crappy bundle #1 servers"), they have freedom to choose who they host with after all. You can argue why you believe wable.com is still great, and I personally don't think Bundle #3 will disappear since @Incero promised that it would be a lifetime discount, but you can't criticize people for complaining / saying that they're cancelling.

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited November 2014

perennate said: I personally don't think Bundle #3 will disappear

Depends I would say. Depends on whether they mark it as "crappy".

The only question is when. :)

At the end of the day it's all business decisions, and customers will definitely complain if the company keeps changing "decisions".

Thanked by 2yomero ryanarp
  • @Nekki said:
    Not at all. They ran a cheap plan to get people to try the service, and now they're done with it, presumably because it's no longer sustainable. Seems reasonable?

Un/sustainability seems beside the point. I assumed they knew it wasn't sustainable all along but were doing some sort of 'brand recognition' thing. Low entry level pricing as a means of getting people to try/review the service can gradually lead into brand familiarity and trust. For that to work you can't just suddenly decide to dump everyone a week later, though. A lot of good first impressions down the drain.

It also makes it look like they have no foresight. What, you can't predict that $0.99 isn't sustainable 'in and of itself' and is going to bring in droves of 'abusers'?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Would make a lot more sense to stop offering plan #1 to new customers but keep the plan for current customers (minus any abusers)

Personally I've been letting it idle on plan #1 to test stability until our next project is ready to launch - but the uncertainty surrounding this service will now make us look elsewhere

• Jar said: The valid complaints? Could have been announced better. Maybe a bug report for the panel. That's literally it. Like any announcement would have pleased everyone anyway...

I am not a customer, but the way I see it, the cheap bundle was announced to get immediate attention and publicity to price conscious people. And now that the brand has been introduced, it's time to drop the plan. There is some feeling that you've been used. But it is what it is. Life goes on.

• The thing gets funniest, now I can't even log in to the Cpanel:
    "The username or password entered was not correct. Please try again." it says, but, if I ask for a temporary password they send it.

Question: It wasn't 7 days of grace?, or 7 hours?

This is bullshit, I can't imagine if they get bored about customer support, and suddenly drop everything to the trash and just say "goodbye losers"

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • I will miss it. 125 days(!) uptime is good. But this decision is just...

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • perennate said: I personally don't think Bundle #3 will disappear since @Incero promised that it would be a lifetime discount

It's funny, I made a joke about how when he was saying that it almost seemed like he was going out of his way to say "you'll always get 50% off" rather than "your price won't go up"... and I'm starting to wonder if that was intentional. 50% off a highly increased price would still be a highly increased price, you know?

Thanked by 3perennate Pwner ryanarp
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

jcaleb said: I am not a customer, but the way I see it, the cheap bundle was announced to get immediate attention and publicity to price conscious people. And now that the brand has been introduced, it's time to drop the plan. There is some feeling that you've been used. But it is what it is. Life goes on.

Yes, life goes on, and wable.com develops a bad reputation, nothing wrong with that. No one is saying that their life is over because of this, they are just complaining about it, so what is your point?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • perennate said: Yes, life goes on, and wable.com develops a bad reputation, nothing wrong with that. No one is saying that their life is over because of this, they are just complaining about it, so what is your point?

Yes. In my mind, it's not that bad. They can have any decision they want, and it's fine with me. But I do make a mental note on the owner on how his brain works

• @udk said:
    Personally I've been letting it idle on plan #1 to test stability

I've been waiting for their console access until they terminate the service, and yet not implemented.

Thanked by 2yomero ryanarp
  • mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited November 2014

@Incero @ryanarp Is there an ETA on fixing the billing issue? Thought it was just me/my card, but a couple other people are saying the same thing. Losing panel access is annoying..

Edit: disregard that, Stripe just hates my credit card. Went Paypal instead.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited November 2014

Wable's bundle #1 has been removed from our offerings, we are doing this because:

>

• Bundle #1 causes a lot of abuse
    • Bundle #1 send a lot of tickets
    • Bundle #1 cause a lot of payment fraud
    • Bundle #1 makes no profit
    • Bundle #1 was intended for people to be able to try wable, so that they could upgrade to a better plan (SSD vs HDD, more RAM, no shared resources, etc) but mostly it just attracts really cheap people

I'm not one to tell someone how to run their business, but aside from alienating a lot of people in one masterful brush stroke, what if you were just being impatient and some of those 'cheap people' eventually did upgrade?

@Jar said:
    It was literally a VPN package. I can't imagine how many of you have had your lives wrecked over losing one of your VPNs. It said "VPN Usage" in the bundle name.

No loss for me either, I just don't see the strategy in it.

If the point of a 'loss leader' is to build brand recognition/familiarity at a slight loss, doesn't it kinda backfire if you suddenly just dump all of the accounts outta nowhere?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @Nekki said:
    If they've cut off the plans for people who already had them without warning, that's below the belt.

Yeah, that's what I've heard they've done :(

Honestly from what I've heard overall, I wouldn't touch Wable.

Thanked by 2Pwner ryanarp
  • praveenpraveen Member
    edited November 2014

Bad move! Would like to hear from Wable on the bundle#3 , before setting up more sites..

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @Zen

I'm on a higher bundle. This doesn't make me happy and confident that I'll get to continue to enjoy my service -- it makes me wonder whether my service might be cut off in the future too, because even bundle #3 seems very underpriced (especially with the powerboost upgrade).

• I think there is nothing wrong with changing / removing a plan - Wable has the right to decide which plans it will offer. However, it is wrong to kick out existing subscribers of the plan with just a few days notice. I believe that Wable should have stopped new registrations for Bundle #1 and given existing users 2-3 months to migrate.

Thanked by 2vimalware ryanarp
  • @Zen said:

But try not to act like the service is torn apart because of this. Maybe YOUR service, but not THE service, there are 11 other bundles and lots of clients spread across those bundles whom will continue to enjoy their service partly thanks to a harsh decision being made to cut off the people who had no value.

That may be true. I guess I just don't see the 'value' in providers making blatantly classist proclamations in 'low end' contexts... but hey, just one gamer's opinion here.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • The homepage looks so scattered with the new pricing/bundles offered.

2-$6

3-$8

7-$102

11-$600

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 ryanarp
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2014

@Dylan said:
    It's funny, I made a joke about how when he was saying that it almost seemed like he was going out of his way to say "you'll always get 50% off" rather than "your price won't go up"... and I'm starting to wonder if that was intentional. 50% off a highly increased price would still be a highly increased price, you know?

Sure. Considering that no one ever said bundle #1 was staying around forever, I can totally see how logical it is to assume that their cancelation of a product, after giving you the time you paid for and extra time to take backups, that they are also dishonest and plan to jack up your prices later.

Actually no, that isn't logical at all. If Walmart took your favorite snack off the shelf would it then be logical to assume that their next plan was to neuter your dog?

I mean seriously, be upset and complain all you want, but jumping to unreasonable conclusions just to try to further negatively impact their reputation just because you're upset at their decision? You know the two are not related, I think you just want more people on other bundles to get upset and cancel. That's cool, totally your right to do so. Also my right to highlight it as a biased, but honest, third party :)

Thanked by 3ryanarp Remuz lazyt
  • I've received an invoice for the Bundle #1.

Thanked by 2cpaquette ryanarp
  • I'm not a customer, but this pattern reminds me of [dot]TK free domain names.

They just delete all free domains at their discretion, and after the incident I canceled all paid domains with them.

One thing I learned, read carefully the TOS/AUP whenever you want to sign up for any services (most of them to protect their business but not your benefit/rights).

Some companies will just go right "by the book - as long as they are legally safe", but some will consider other aspects such as reputation, marketing, and the impact to their other business. (Take a look at CC. Some bad subsidiary has bad reputation due to unfortunate event(s), CC get the blame. Some abusers spamming, CC get the badge)

Cheers :)

P.S. Now that I sounded as if I was defending CC, some of my friends here might think "You! Old fart @vRozenSch00n, you are just an old stupid bloke aho". Well, I'm not defending anybody, just expressing what my brain can compute while I still can.

Thanked by 2Zen ryanarp
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited November 2014

The Bundle #3 is still a good deal. 9 ipv4, are those clean?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2014

jcaleb said: The Bundle #3 is still a good deal. 9 ipv4, are those clean?

Absolutely, we block SMTP on all IP except the first IP and heavily throttle the first IP. So we have prevented spammers from signing up as there isn't any real benefit since they can't cycle through IP.