Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable.com - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable.com

Comments

• Bundle #1 gone? any info on this?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Incero said: Wable is located in INCERO datacenter spaces. The NYC location is SSAE16 and is located in downtown NYC. That's all the info we publish on NYC.

May I ask, respectfully, why you won't publish the NYC data center location, please? I'm not too convinced those things should be "secret".

Thanked by 3Darwin Amitz ryanarp
  • bye Bundle #1

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @764664: If they had changed your package and asked you to pay more it should be a bad practice, but every company have right to remove or add pacakges according to the sales and viability

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Have a card setup on file, invoice was "issued" with no email or anything on Oct. 31st for autobill, is still stuck on "Pending" and won't let me do shit with my package until I pay the charges due.

Seems Wable just took a huge leap backwards?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @programer said:
    764664: If they had changed your package and asked you to pay more it should be a bad practice, but every company have right to remove or add pacakges according to the sales and viability

In fact, Wable had changed the price of Bundle #1 from 0.75 to 0.99 and asked existing customers to pay more. Now totally deleted.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • If that is the case then its really bad practice.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @programer said:
    If that is the case then its really bad practice.

Not at all. They ran a cheap plan to get people to try the service, and now they're done with it, presumably because it's no longer sustainable. Seems reasonable?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • and now i can't access my active bundle #1

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Long time no posting here.

But as a recent customer of Wable (decided to take that powerboost offer) I am concerned about the last posts and want to hear what the staff has to say. I was about to move my things over to them, but now I am not completely sure because I don't want to move again all that in an emergency because something changed in specs or pricing and I didn't liked it.

I think they have the right to change pricing and packages, but I also think that a good and practice should be to announce these changes with enough time and leave the customers to opt-out if they are not ok with the new terms. I am not sure if they announced about the price increase of the #1 plan or about the whole deletion of this plan to the existing customers, particularly I am worried about the situation of people like @robohost.

Also, I found a new invoice (no auto renew) in the panel and as @MrObvious said, you are unable to make anything in the panel until you pay. IMHO the 10 days tolerance probably are too much, maybe should be 2-3 days, but please don't leave the panel unusable. And probably a mail notification with the new invoice can help us customers to remember to pay.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited November 2014

@764664 said:
    In fact, Wable had changed the price of Bundle #1 from 0.75 to 0.99 and asked existing customers to pay more. Now totally deleted.

You're right, 75c to 99c, bastards, string them up by the balls. This is ridiculous, I mean who has a spare 24c lying around the place to just pass over to a greedy hosting company.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @Nekki said:
    Not at all. They ran a cheap plan to get people to try the service, and now they're done with it, presumably because it's no longer sustainable. Seems reasonable?

Not really reasonable at all, to be honest.

• 0xdragon said: Not really reasonable at all, to be honest.

Just to be clear, I'm referring to removing the plan from sale.

If they've cut off the plans for people who already had them without warning, that's below the belt.

• Something similar with prices happened earlier this year - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1355050

Thanked by 2ryanarp geekalot
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

764664 said: It seems Wable has removed Bundle #1 from the list, also existing users are not allowed to renew that.

Are you sure about this? If it's true I feel like a lot more people would be complaining. Or do you just mean that users with other bundles can no longer downgrade to Bundle #1, but people who had Bundle #1 still can renew?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • just noticed this post. after they closed my ticket without any reply. Very unprofessional and bad service,

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Wable bundle #1 has been discontinued, backup your data now. Bundle #1 vps will go offline in 7 days (the prepaid period ended on the 31st of October, as we are providing an extra 7 days free access).

Alternatively upgrade to bundle #2 or higher and delete and recreate your vps (as bundle #1 created vps are on crappy bundle #1 servers which will be recycled).
    Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • I just received this email:
    Wable bundle #1 has been discontinued, backup your data now. Bundle #1 vps will go offline in 7 days (the prepaid period ended on the 31st of October, as we are providing an extra 7 days free access).

Alternatively upgrade to bundle #2 or higher and delete and recreate your vps (as bundle #1 created vps are on crappy bundle #1 servers which will be recycled).

Georgina

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • That Ducks :(

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Well that just screwed over everyone who originally purchased Bundle #1.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • yomeroyomero Member
    edited November 2014

So, they sent this mail? With how much anticipation? (Edit: just 7 days it seems)

yywudi said: Alternatively upgrade to bundle #2 or higher and delete and recreate your vps (as bundle #1 created vps are on crappy bundle #1 servers which will be recycled).

Seriously? Honestly, that doesn't sound very nice (or professional).

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • tragictragic Member
    edited November 2014

@yywudi said:

Wable bundle #1 has been discontinued, backup your data now. Bundle #1 vps will go offline in 7 days (the prepaid period ended on the 31st of October, as we are providing an extra 7 days free access).
    > 
    > Alternatively upgrade to bundle #2 or higher and delete and recreate your vps (as bundle #1 created vps are on crappy bundle #1 servers which will be recycled).

That's a shame. Anyone looking for an alternative can pickup our $6/year 128MB (https://www.tragicservers.com/cart.php?gid=15&promocode=50 , price updated at checkout)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • What a horrible way to treat clients.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

sleddog said: What a horrible way to treat clients

Well you see, those were crappy #1 clients, and now they are getting recycled.

• Just received the email about the #1 bundle being removed and sent them a ticket asking about it. The ticket was instantly closed with no response. Guess i'm done with Wable if they are just going to kick clients out with no real reason other than "#1 bundle clients are really cheap and crappy". Very unprofessional.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • LeeLee Veteran

@tragic said:
    That's a shame. Anyone looking for an alternative can pickup our $6/year 128MB (https://www.tragicservers.com/cart.php?gid=15&promocode=50 , price updated at checkout)

No point waiting until the body is cold huh!

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2014

@W1V_Lee said:

Well, according to Wable, the 128MB body is cold.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @W1V_Lee said:

I don't mean any harm. Just giving everyone an alternative to a VPS priced close to bundle #1. I personally had a Wable bundle #1 for a short time and it was great. It's a shame they're throwing customers to the side because they aren't making much (or any) money from bundle #1.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited November 2014

The thing that scares me about Wable and has stopped me from moving any production stuff over is that, even though they certainly have the right to modify or discontinue existing services, the fact that they've done it a few times (even before this discontinuation) leaves me with no confidence that the plan I have now won't be downgraded or raised in price or even cancelled altogether in the future.

I'd be fine (more than fine!) with them doing whatever it takes -- whether that means increasing prices, downgrading bundles, or both -- so that they can promise clients won't face downgrades or price hikes in the future, and that, bar a total discontinuation of services, existing plans won't go away... but I'm not fine with uncertainty, and right now even on Bundle 3 I just don't feel any certainty at all (especially since I took the recent powerboost upgrade).

It's a real shame because the service I have right now is great!

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @tragic - I think Wable is SSD based though, your plans appear to be HDD based.

Thanked by 1ryanarp