Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable.com - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable.com

Comments

• I was planning to watch NFL. Now I am setting up a couple of VPSs. I hate you.

Thanked by 3ryanarp ATHK netomx
  • Incero said: Customers who like Wable can get a free upgrade; Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher)

I still can't believe this actually worked.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Dylan said: I still can't believe this actually worked.

I can't believe I just sign up with them :D

• Oh my, this is pretty unbelievable freebie!

I have one thing to complain though! :) I had 2.5GB/60GB on my account and the freebie 'only' bumped me up to 6GB/80GB, not 6.5GB/90GB! Haha, sorry but had to say it :)

Thank you @Incero for the great upgrade!

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • @file said:
    This is evil... pure evil. Must resist.

I tried. I failed. I now have new Wable and LET accounts :-)

Thanks @Incero for the awesome deal!

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited October 2014

couldn't resist.. I am back on wable..

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • Even though I have no use for it, couldnt resist getting one. Eh what the heck, i spend almost $8 per day on coffee.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • said: I know I can open a ticket should I do something stupid

Fuk, I asked stupid question and they closed my account. :/

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @DalComp said:
    Fuk, I asked stupid question and they closed my account. :/

That's unsettling. Could you rate the stupid level of the question , on a scale of 1 to 10? (if you don't want to provide details) :)

That aside, Incero is my sugar daddy for the day. :D
    First the tshirt, then this. (still waiting for the tshirt to arrive)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @vimalware said:

Something along "sending a ticket to test your response time". I thought they were friendly enough to just provide some short answer. Guess I should have fabricated some questions or issues instead. But anyway...

Thanked by 2vimalware ryanarp
  • @DalComp said:
    Something along "sending a ticket to test your response time". I thought they were friendly enough to just provide some short answer. Guess I should have fabricated some questions or issues instead. But anyway...

What... I don't even... why would you do that?

Thanked by 2ryanarp netomx
  • @hostnoob said:
    What... I don't even... why would you do that?

Literally to test response time? Yes, I did say it was stupid question, though I don't think it's wrong to do so. It's normal for a customer wanting to know the level of support from people behind the service. Heck, even some providers use "average response/resolution time" scripts. Sometimes I test other providers with simple questions. Anyways, I'm not here to contest anything.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @DalComp If you look at the reviews you'll see the response time is pretty solid.

I've ticketed twice and both took a few hours, but I ticketed in the middle of the night about a billing issue (low priority), and the NYC downtime (they were updating folks elsewhere though, so I knew it was more than just me having a problem).

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • DalCompDalComp Member
    edited October 2014

@mikeyur I know, it was months ago when Wable was first launched hence there weren't as many reviews. :)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @DalComp said:
    Literally to test response time? Yes, I did say it was stupid question, though I don't think it's wrong to do so. It's normal for a customer wanting to know the level of support from people behind the service. Heck, even some providers use "average response/resolution time" scripts. Sometimes I test other providers with simple questions. Anyways, I'm not here to contest anything.

You didn't tell us how many minutes it took though.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @ihatetonyy said:
    You didn't tell us how many minutes it took though.

lol. 10 minutes, plus 3 days for the refund. :)

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • LeeLee Veteran

10 minutes is good :p

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @Dylan said:
    I still can't believe this actually worked.

I can't believe Wable has no EU locations :(

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • DalComp said: 10 minutes,

Hell, that's good enough for me. Signed up.

• DalComp said: Something along "sending a ticket to test your response time". I thought they were friendly enough to just provide some short answer. Guess I should have fabricated some questions or issues instead. But anyway...

Obviously sucks for you, but from my perspective the 'no bullshit' approach to ticket handling makes Wable even more attractive. If they're not wasting time dealing with silliness, they're responding to my genuine tickets faster.

Really fighting the urge on this one. If there was an EU location I think I'd have pulled the trigger, although two of locations are pretty decent for latency to the UK.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki - the 'no bullshit' approach

This ^^ A provider who does not rate the incoming $ above eveything else.

• :D just 31 minutes after install

time to setup firewall and friends

Last failed login: Mon Oct 13 05:40:22 EDT 2014 from 117.27.158.98 on ssh:notty
    There were 127 failed login attempts since the last successful login.
    [root@s ~]# w
     05:40:26 up 31 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Thanked by 1MSPNick
  • LeeLee Veteran

Glad it's not just me then, My Wable IP's seen to have more login attempts than any other.

Thanked by 1tommy
  • LeeLee Veteran

Actually a Hetzner server I just deployed 52 minutes ago wins.

Last failed login: Mon Oct 13 19:44:43 CEST 2014 from 122.225.109.211 on ssh:notty
    There were 1802 failed login attempts since the last successful login.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2014

@DalComp said:

Now I know why Ryan wouldn't answer me when I asked why. You drove up ticket response time to test ticket response time? That's borderline sabotage ;)

Thanked by 2DalComp netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@W1V_Lee said:
    Glad it's not just me then, My Wable IP's seen to have more login attempts than any other.

Not just you at all. It's like an instant honey pot on provision. Kind of makes me laugh, poor suckers think they're getting in...

• LeeLee Veteran

Does make me wonder how many are compromised in the first few minutes due to easy passwords.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM netomx
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@W1V_Lee said:
    Does make me wonder how many are compromised in the first few minutes due to easy passwords.

Users should choose a strong password, we would suggest 20+ chars/numbers/symbols. As a minimum we require the following which helps prevent users from using "password" as their password;
    "The root password must be 8 characters or longer and must contain upper case, lower case, and numbers."

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

using password as your password even temporarily is crazy. I use password1 it's genius, nobody ever gets it.

on a side note though as a minimum I always go straight in with DROP everything but ssh, fail2ban, denyhosts, ssh key, observium and couple of other little dittys of my own.

Often that is before I have even decided what I am going to do with the VPS/Server.

• Too bad, no EU locations :(
    Hesitating because of that.