Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable.com - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable.com

Comments

• Trigger pulled.

Thanked by 3Lee netomx samczsun
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

Scientific test coming up, going to use on my spare dedicated servers setup with OVZ to create a container and set the password to password then watch how long it takes for someone to jump in.

Any guesses?

• I wonder which NYC datacenter they are using and what usage of each allocated core (Bundle #3) is allowed for a considerable amount of time. I sometimes get reddit'ed and use a full core for 12-24 hours. Does anybody know if this is okay? I do not dare to open a ticket. Maybe those questions are considered as bullshit and my account gets terminated... ;-)

• Damn your promo link, I don't need any more VMs, but now I have them.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM netomx
  • Is it possible to have multiple bundles in one account ? I mean like 2 x Bundle 3 and so on... ? :)

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

@FredQc said:
    Is it possible to have multiple bundles in one account ? I mean like 2 x Bundle 3 and so on... ? :)

We only allow one bundle per account as you are able to scale resources via upgrading the bundle.

• @ryanarp said:

I understand this, I asked because bundle 3 is far less expensive than bundle 4... so upgrading is a non-sense here.

• Would love if I could run Proxmox on a VM, and be able to set up my own Windows VMs on there...

• @FredQc said:
    I understand this, I asked because bundle 3 is far less expensive than bundle 4... so upgrading is a non-sense here.

Crack is cheap until you're hooked, right?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2014

A small first impression: Really, really nice.

I have thrown a busy site towards my new Wable account and everything works out smoothly. Consistent good Disk I/O (not the Ramnode pr0n, but nobody needs that), fast CPU and the network (NYC) seems excellent to Europe. It feels as if I am working with a VPS next door to me, while I am thousands of miles away and the website loads very snappy. Thumbs up, I hope it stays like this!

If just someone here could answer my question from above:

Amitz said: I wonder which NYC datacenter they are using and what usage of each allocated core (Bundle #3) is allowed for a considerable amount of time. I sometimes get reddit'ed and use a full core for 12-24 hours. Does anybody know if this is okay? I do not dare to open a ticket. Maybe those questions are considered as bullshit and my account gets terminated... ;-)

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited October 2014

@tommy said:
    :D just 31 minutes after install

time to setup firewall and friends

> Last failed login: Mon Oct 13 05:40:22 EDT 2014 from 117.27.158.98 on ssh:notty
    > There were 127 failed login attempts since the last successful login.
    > [root@s ~]# w
    >  05:40:26 up 31 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    > 

How do you get this on login?

Looks an interesting provider, however no ipv6 is a letdown :(

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Amitz said:
    If just someone here could answer my question from above:

I guess if no one else will I'll speculate on it :)

I would bet that it is relative to other activity. No one usually notices a core blasting a 100% until enough people are doing the same. Hard to predict such events really, on either side of the fence.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@Amitz said:
    I wonder which NYC datacenter they are using and what usage of each allocated core (Bundle #3) is allowed for a considerable amount of time. I sometimes get reddit'ed and use a full core for 12-24 hours. Does anybody know if this is okay? I do not dare to open a ticket. Maybe those questions are considered as bullshit and my account gets terminated... ;-)

Thanks for your question. I understand Dalcomp (the ticket response time tester) is a sad panda, but don't let that put you off sending genuine tickets, using our facebook, or posting on our uservoice.

Wable is located in INCERO datacenter spaces. The NYC location is SSAE16 and is located in downtown NYC. That's all the info we publish on NYC.

As for CPU/RAM etc, we built this system over a period of years it was demo'ed at SXSW as a BETA couple of years ago as "Incero Cloud/Vapor" and then other free brands during beta for testing/stress. The result is a very smart system, but basically all nodes are checked multiple times per minute, new VPS are only assigned to non busy nodes, resource usage is kept under 50% on all nodes ( e.g. http://d.pr/i/mzXN/446mXKpn ), and we keep track of every single process using more than X amount of CPU on all nodes, and we keep an extensive history of the process ( http://d.pr/i/1a8IV/4f4KkRs9 ), the container, and the user so that if the health manager ever needs to throttle a container it will do so based on the user/container/process that has been causing issues the most.

Basically the nodes are always kept healthy automatically, provisioning is smart and we thrown a ton of resources and careful limits at each machine to maintain quality. We also have a high amount of resources to add new machines when needed we have hardware and staff on hand to deploy 100 additional nodes in a day. Our node deployment process is highly automated with configuration of the node achieved via a control panel ( http://d.pr/i/11c7W/hawoIytf ), so configuration takes ~30 seconds not hours.

@linuxthefish said:
    How do you get this on login?

CentOS 7 shows the failed login attempts on ssh when you login. However most distros will keep the data, and you can show "bad" attempts with the "lastb" command, and all with the "last" command.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited October 2014

Incero said: new VPS are only assigned to non busy nodes

I dunno, that E5-2690 looks awfully oversold with its whopping load of 3...

/s

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • ausaus Member

@Dylan said:

@Incero said: new VPS are only assigned to non busy nodes

>

Yep, 4 x E5-2690v2 cores with Wable can not even match a 2-core E3 VPS's performance.

edited October 2014

@Dylan said:

For those less technically inclined, the above is sarcasm. A load less than 40 on the 40 core/thread machines represents less than 100% cpu usage. :) 20 on 40 would be about 50%, etc.

Thanked by 2Dylan vimalware
  • LeeLee Veteran

Incero said: For those less technically include

Who has been talking about me now?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Incero said:
    is a sad panda

English is not my first, but why when I google it, all pages show "Sexual Harassment Panda"? '_'

Anyhow, anyone who wants to ask wable/incero, just arrange your words properly and you should be fine... I guess...

Thanked by 1tommy
  • DalComp said: "Sexual Harassment Panda"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

• @DalComp said:
    "Sexual Harassment Panda"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Im sorry but that had me laughing for 5 minutes due to reading it then laughing again..

• damn, this is too tempting :(

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • apavaapava Member
    edited October 2014

ummmm Wable.com;
    I was thinking to open a review about this service, and taking advantage of already opened I can not take me off about them :)

A couple of months ago I heard about this service for a publication that @ryanarp did in his Facebook profile, I care and even more coming from a serious supplier as it is Incero, the interesting thing about this service is the resources that can be distributed in vps one or more depending on the plan you have (Seize the offer of additional resources :)), I decided on the bundle # 3 and create 2 vps distributing resources.

in general terms the vps behave appropriately and the speed with which changes in resource relizan not take more than 30 sec.

TOP left main vps, uptime 47 days and running

top - 19:33:46 up 47 days, 1:18, 1 user, load average: 0.09, 0.05, 0.01
    Tasks: 62 total; 1 running, 61 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    Cpu0: 0.6% us, 0.1% sy, 0.0% ni, 99.2% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi, 0.0% if 0.0% st
    Cpu1: 0.6% us, 0.1% sy, 0.0% ni, 99.2% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi, 0.0% if 0.0% st
    Cpu2: 0.6% us, 0.1% sy, 0.0% ni, 99.2% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi, 0.0% if 0.0% st

Speed ​​Test Speedtest

Speedtest-cli

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration ...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list ...
    Testing from Incero LLC (107.155.xxx.xxx) ...
    Selecting best server based on latency ...
    Hosted by Suddenlink Communications LLC (Georgetown, TX) [38.07 km]: 8.757 ms
    Testing download speed ........................................
    Download: 838.16 Mbits / s
    Testing upload speed ............................................... ...
    Upload: 263.83 Mbits / s

test CacheFly

Wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test

--2014-10-15 19: 39: 27-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net ... 205234175175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net | 205.234.175.175 |: 80 ... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response ... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application / octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100mb.test '

100%[==================================================================================================================================================>] 104 857 600 103M / s in 1.0s

15/10/2014 19:39:28 (103 MB / s) - `100mb.test 'saved [104857600/104857600]

Top Vps stay where a blog with Ghost, I've rebooted several times making modifications failed (mine Errors)

top - 19:36:47 up 13 days, 19:46, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    Tasks: 26 total; 1 running, 25 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
    Cpu0: 0.0% us, 0.0% sy, 0.0% ni, 100.0% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi, 0.0% if 0.0% st
    Mem: 1048576k total 533444k used, 515132k free, 0k buffers
    Swap: 1048576k total 33648k used, 1014928k free, 211676k cached

The control panel is under development but have been working on and making improvements :)

Excellent service, good support and speed had only a ticket and this was a problem with my credit card to my blocked for suspected cloning of cards, where you ask the support staff to give me a couple of days to make payment and had no objection to give me a couple of extra weeks :)

recommended

Excuse my English, i'm using translator u_U

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • Wable is solid. I have been on the $0.99 plan (formerly $0.75) plan. It's great deal. Their Debian images are rock solid. The Ubuntu images are a little wonky. Hopefully, they have fixed the locale issue with the Ubuntu images.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • edited October 2014

DalComp said: Literally to test response time? Yes, I did say it was stupid question, though I don't think it's wrong to do so. It's normal for a customer wanting to know the level of support from people behind the service. Heck, even some providers use "average response/resolution time" scripts. Sometimes I test other providers with simple questions. Anyways, I'm not here to contest anything.

While, admittedly, not exactly the same thing... Just making a point.

That's akin to calling 911 and seeing how long it takes for first responders to arrive on-scene, just to test their response times, even though there's no real issue. Whether a support ticket, phone call, whatever, you'd be taking up resources and wasting time that could be spent assisting those actually in need of help.

Jus' sayin'... ;)

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • Picked up the $0.99 plan a few days ago for the hell of it, seems pretty good. Control panel is to the point and easy to understand/use.

@Amitz said:
    Consistent good Disk I/O

Yep, consistent 200-400 MB/s so far. Bundle #1 is advertised as "low IO" but that doesn't seem to be true!

• @HostNun said:
    Picked up the $0.99 plan a few days ago for the hell of it, seems pretty good. Control panel is to the point and easy to understand/use.

Yep, consistent 200-400 MB/s so far. Bundle #1 is advertised as "low IO" but that doesn't seem to be true!

If you see a nun going and cursing (in a positive way) over a service, you know it's gotta be good!

• Only (extremely minor) qualm is recently the control panel is really really slow. Clicking 'manage' next to a VPS can cause a nice 15-20 second wait - then once the management panel loads changes are pretty snappy.

Just noticing it recently as I've been spinning up some instances to move more sites/projects over.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • I remember when it was free service eduvps now its payed and name changed to wable I use wable for few Months now and no issues once did tickect but it took them 2 days to answer

• It seems Wable has removed Bundle #1 from the list, also existing users are not allowed to renew that.

Though I'm now using Bundle #3 and not being affected, I'm considering is it proper for a provider to make a decision like this, also afraid I'll have to pay $16 for Bundle #3 in the future. Thus I'm thinking about getting away from Wable asap.

What do you think?

Thanked by 1ryanarp