Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service

12345679»

Comments

• A lot of traffic with small packets = denial of service. Typically network interfaces will not run full speed on small packets. A traffic flow with a sustained MB/s of small packets can be a problem even when the same MB/s with large packets wouldn't be.

Unlinking a domain from an IP address takes longer than a few minutes - it could takes hours or days for any cached DNS records to expire for any DNS servers that did the lookup and cached it.

It sure sounds like you caused an excessive traffic flow in packets per second if not MB/s.

• OP, why would you leave Ramnode for INIZ if you were happy there?

• @hostnoob said:
    OP, why would you leave Ramnode for INIZ if you were happy there?

He just answered this :

I'm not... I was just trying out other VPS's and was looking for a affordable UK host.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @xDragonZ said:
    I'm not... I was just trying out other VPS's and was looking for a affordable UK host.

Yeah.. I got to like page 4 and thought why has nobody asked this yet, and posted it then.

Thanked by 1xDragonZ
  • jnguyen said: A host that chooses to hit the terminate button instead of the suspension and/or nullroute button in the case that a client gets DDoSed automatically proves themselves to be mentally retarded.

The client attracted a denial of service attack within a day of becoming a client. Suspended or terminated, I'd still be moving to a DDoS-protected service. If the host doesn't advertise themselves as a DDoS-protected host, which INIZ seemingly doesn't, then I personally feel they reserve the right to take whatever action they feel necessary. Regardless of this, there are terms of service in place; I haven't read through INIZ's extensively, so I can't say if there's anything about this in theirs specifically. Thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter; It's always nice to see an alternative point of view.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • fma965 said: Yes cause your scamming customers.

First of all, .

Second of all, you are making a huge fuss over this. Before any of this, did you contact INIZ's support department at all? Also did you check their TOS?

If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).

Clearly, INIZ found you violating their TOS, which you should have read and made sure you understood before you signed up with them. (You should do that with any provider anyway).

On a side note, when expecting high traffic, we notify our Datacenter and give them a heads-up on potentially traffic spikes etc... so nothing gets caught by their DDoS filters. IMHO, it's a common courtesy.

• @jnguyen said:
    There's a huge difference between an honest opinion and a bias opinion. You have absolutely no experience with our service to actually say what you're claiming, so therefore it can't be considered honest because it has no merit. However, it's considered bias because you're only saying what you're claiming because you're butthurt over not receiving a free credit in the time frame that you wanted. That, sir, is what opinions are classified as .. truthfully.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • /thread

Any more tantrums belong in the cest pit.

This discussion has been closed.