Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service

Comments

• @Jar said:
    The graph wasn't at 700mbit the whole time. Let's say, conservatively, that you were downloading at 600 megabit per second for 30 minutes. That's 75 megabytes per second. There are 60 seconds in a minute. There are 1800 seconds in 30 minutes. At 75 megabytes per second for 30 minutes you have 135,000 megabytes of data transferred. Does this sound anywhere reasonably close to the amount of data you ended up with?

i assumme that graph won't represent every second in that minute though.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited September 2014

fma965 said: Well it's $7 (£4) hardly worth the effort

I´m not picking sides here, just to start off with that. But, what are you exactly trying to do here? I mean, INIZ and RamNode are both reputable providers, there has clearly been a misunderstanding here.

It is very usual to suspend a vps when getting ddosed, I believe INIZ'es staff is more then capable of detecting when it's a ddos and a simple wget.

Further than that, you decided to violate their ToS by threatening for a chargeback,
    instead of threatening with that, you could've reacted with a more professional response, that you were not aware of it, and explain them the situation calmly, some IP's get targetted because of a previous VPS that was on it or god knows why, they would've probably understood, and could've given you the benefit of the doubt. You wasted your chances.

It's done, you're not getting anything out of this. You can go on, nag all night about how they treated you, or, you could use your time and energy and put it in something productive.
    After all, you have a good and functioning VPS at RamNode! And otherwise if you need it for backups, just purchase something from a reputable brand and provider like @serverian's backupsy or any of the 100.000 other company's out there if you need it.

Is this decent enough for you @mpkossen?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

fma965 said: i never made a dispute till after they stopped responding

But I thought you said you had service less than a day?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    But I thought you said you had service less than a day?

Yes but they didn't just stop responding they said they would stop responding hence why i didn't wait for a reply after that.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2014

Let's face it: Your download from Ramnode is not the cause of the spike. And it is well possible that you became a victim of a DDoS even through Cloudflare, whether you would like to believe it or not. It'a just a big uncomfortable clusterfuck. One of those things in life when you simply have to take a step back, relax and say to yourself: Well, that was unfortunate shit. Let's move on.

• @Floris said:
    It's done, you're not getting anything out of this. You can go on, nag all night about how they treated you, or, you could use your time and energy and put it in something productive.
    After all, you have a good and functioning VPS at RamNode! And otherwise if you need it for backups, just purchase something from a reputable brand and provider like serverian's backupsy or any of the 100.000 other company's out there if you need it.

Because INIZ is ranked so high on LEB i want people to be aware it's not all sunshine and rainbows with them.

• @Amitz said:
    Let's face it: Your download from Ramnode is not the cause of the spike. And it is well possible that you became a victim of a DDoS even through Cloudflare, whether you would like to believe it or not. It'a just a big uncomfortable clusterfuck. One of those things in life when you simply have to take a step back, relax and say to yourself: Well, that was unfortunate shit. Let's move on.

If i was DDOS'd it was because of INIZ not mean, i am running same stuff on RamNode now and no sign of a DDOS. So the ip was the cause not my services therefore i should have been entitled to a refund but no.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited September 2014

@fma965 said:
    Because INIZ is ranked so high on LEB i want people to be aware it's not all sunshine and rainbows with them.

And what makes you believe it is sunshine and rainbows at any other brand? These cases happen anywhere, like I said, move on, just give someone else your time and money. I believe they handled according to their own ToS.

Thanked by 1Amitz

fma965 said: Yes but they didn't just stop responding they said they would stop responding hence why i didn't wait for a reply after that.

Is that not because they had already informed you they would be cancelling or perhaps because you said you would charge back?

Honestly.... I think it is fairly obvious here, had you just said "Ok let me grab my files", "ok I have them" you would have been refunded in full.

A little patience goes a long way.

Thanked by 2Amitz mpkossen
  • They have principles. One of them is to terminate new customers when they directly bring a DDoS with them. It might have been handled a bit better, but it does not make INIZ look that bad, to be honest.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    A little patience goes a long way.

i didn't want the files. the only thing on them was the backups from RamNode further proving my case. i asked for a refund they said no. it's that simple. even though i have the service for less than a day they said no.

• Floris said: And what makes you believe it is sunshine and rainbows at any other brand? These cases happen anywhere, like I said, move on, just give someone else your time and money.

A a years or so ago i was attacked by DDOS at ramnode and they didn't just terminate my account and refuse to pay me... no instead they helped out and got the issue resolved. This is why i know it's not like that everywhere.

• @Amitz said:
    They have principles. One of them is to terminate new customers when they directly bring a DDoS with them. It might have been handled a bit better, but it does not make INIZ look that bad, to be honest.

Yeah but a new customer who wasn't responsible for the DDOS and had no reason to be terminated and also only had the service for around 16 hours... .seriously thats not right to refuse refund and cancel service regardless of their principles.

• Wait, in the begging you stated you were never attacked.

Thanked by 2connercg ATHK
  • FlorisFloris Member
    edited September 2014

INIZ said: Which hasn't been mentioned was over 150k+

@INIZ I would be interested in proof of this claim.'

Mun said: Wait, in the begging you stated you were never attacked.

Oh give the guy a break, he was probably speaking IF he was ddosed at all.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2014

@fma965 said:
    i assumme that graph won't represent every second in that minute though.

It won't, but I know Patrick at least well enough to know that this wan't in little bursts.

Let me provide to you, for just a moment, an outside perspective of what happened based on what I have heard from both you and Patrick here today.

1. You signed up for an unmanaged VPS, that means that when something goes wrong that isn't caused by the server, you agree that it is your problem.

2. Patrick identified and addressed a problem which is his job to do. What happens in the VPS is your problem until it causes problems for others, then you are Patrick's problem and he is not your system administrator, he is your landlord.

3. He pulled you outside and said "Look, here's what's happening, I stopped it."

4. You accused him of lies, false accusations, whatever title you want to give it, and demanded that HE take responsibility for determining the problem in YOUR unmanaged VPS or YOU would handle it by breaking contract/agreement and running to PayPal.

Now you tell me why he should assume that you could be reasoned with at this point? You refuse to acknowledge that anything but your wget could happen to a VPS, because you clearly do not understand that a public IP is....public....and CloudFlare is just a tunnel to it and I know you don't pay them for DDOS protection. At that point there is nothing left to do but sever the relationship. You refuse to support your own unmanaged service and you insist upon the idea that you are protected by things that do not protect you.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ FrankZ
  • @Mun said:
    Wait, in the begging you stated you were never attacked.

i meant at INIZ and also the reason at ramnode was due to a GTA V DNS if you know anything about them (most likely you don't) and as soon as the DDOS hit i moved it to a DDOS protected server at ddosdeflect for free thanks to a member of staff there.

• @Jar said:
    Now you tell me why he should assume that you could be reasoned with at this point? You refuse to acknowledge that anything but your wget could happen to a VPS, because you clearly do not understand that a public IP is....public....and CloudFlare is just a tunnel to it and I know you don't pay them for DDOS protection.

1 and 2 yes. 3 and 4 not so much, no response was giving after my server was switched off till i posted on twitter. He then pretty much instantly said no refund will be given

Jar said: You accused him of lies, false accusations, whatever title you want to give it, and demanded that HE take responsibility for determining the problem in YOUR unmanaged VPS or YOU would handle it by breaking contract/agreement and running to PayPal.

Just to add to this (which I agree with) the @OP did this after only 10 - 15 minutes.

Honestly while I agree that you probably did not have any malicious intent you have essentially handled it like a 10 year old and I would not be refunding you either at this point.

No one works for free.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • FlorisFloris Member
    edited September 2014

Jar said: You accused him of lies, false accusations, whatever title you want to give it, and demanded that HE take responsibility for determining the problem in YOUR unmanaged VPS or YOU would handle it by breaking contract/agreement and running to PayPal.

From what I've heard it was more like, pack your shit, move out, no you're not getting your money back. @fma965 you asked for a refund nicely first didn't you?

@fma965 said:
    1 and 2 yes. 3 and 4 not so much, no response was giving after my server was switched off till i posted on twitter. He then pretty much instantly said no refund will be given

Well if you want to wrap a nice bow on this and call it all taken care of, you can post the responses you received from him (I assume you have the e-mails) and we can consider this matter pretty well out in the open with all of the facts available to the viewer.

• fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

@Floris said:
    From what I've heard it was more like, pack your shit, move out, no you're not getting your money back. fma965 you asked for a refund nicely first didn't you?

Um sort off...

As seen in your bandwidth graphs you received several incoming attacks to port 80 and our monitoring system shut down your VM to prevent it affecting neighbours.

At this time we are reluctant to continue hosting you and giving you another chance due to your unprofessional behaviour and attracting DDoS in a matter of hours.
    Please let us know if you need backup before we proceed with account termination on the grounds stated above. Also as stated in terms: >You may not run any [..] DDoS prone applications including but not limited to Mining, Minecraft & Video Encoding.

i wasn't even running anything, literally nothing was on it, apart from a apache web server if you gonna be all like "DDOS BS" then i want a refund or im taking it up with paypal.
    Had the service for less than 24 hours i was not targeted personally this has nothing to do with me, you ip's are clearly near others who are being DDOS'd i wasn't running shit on it other than moving some data from another VPS and running VestaCP with webservices. no games were being run no nothing

Not exactly the best reply from me but i was pissed off with them.

And was having issues with another VPS at the time aswell which didn't help my attitude towards INIZ but INIZ reply also didn't help.

• fma965 said: then i want a refund or im taking it up with paypal.

And, there's where you lost your refund rights. If you would've asked nicely without involving PayPal (even threatening) you would've probably gotten your money back. It's a normal thing in this business, and if you would've threatened RamNode with PayPal chargebacks, or ANY other brand they would've closed your account aswell.

• Floris said: And, there's where you lost your refund rights. If you would've asked nicely without involving PayPal (even threatening) you would've probably gotten your money back. It's a normal thing in this business, and if you would've threatened RamNode with PayPal chargebacks, or ANY other brand they would've closed your account aswell.

Nope, Because the message was "No refund will be given as stated in TOS, let us know if you need backup before we proceed with termination."

• Also i have been threatened with paypal claims/disputes/chargebacks over GTA DNS stuff a year or so ago and i lost them so clearly people who say "paypal doesn't deal with virtual goods" are wrong.

• admittedly INIZ did say
    "Had you waited for a reply before going public, its possible circumstances would be different and we would have either refunded you or unsuspended you and let you change IP." but any one can say that after the problem has already been "solved" (and by solved i mean refused refund and terminated)

But that means just as much as "it's possible one day i will win the lottery"

edited September 2014

@fma965 said:
    admittedly INIZ did say
    "Had you waited for a reply before going public, its possible circumstances would be different and we would have either refunded you or unsuspended you and let you change IP." but any one can say that after the problem has already been "solved" (and by solved i mean refused refund and terminated)

But that means just as much as "it's possible one day i will win the lottery"

I'm going to need you to go ahead and respond with proof that Patrick is lying to us when he says this:

INIZ said: You told us we were lying and fabricating the fact you were attacked and demanded a refund or else you will chargeback which was denied. Your account was then closed.

Can you do that? At this point, your story hinges on him lying to all of us here right now for it to land in a way that doesn't make you look like an incapable system administrator who purchased a product they couldn't handle so you flew off the handle and blamed the provider because you actually believe that a public IP address cannot be attacked unless you wave it around on reddit or something. Either that's an accurate description of you or he is lying. You have the answer.

fma965 said: Nope, Because the message was "No refund will be given as stated in TOS, let us know if you need backup before we proceed with termination.

Yes but you obviously agreed to this in advance, they are under no obligation to keep a customer that gets attacked and then goes on the attack on solcial media against them within 15 minutes of that.

You agreed to it, it back fired, you would not still have service with almost any host here (excluding the kids) at this point, frankly your just to much trouble, dont be surprised if you end up on fraudrecord due to this either.

also from ramnodes terms: "RamNode reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or terminate any service provided with or without a refund"

Raising a billing dispute with our payment processors or charging back a payment made to RamNode will place the client’s account in bad standing. We reserve the right to immediately terminate all services without refund in such instances.

Our DDoS filtering is shared among all clients with filtered IPs, so a single client may not receive filtering for the entire 10Gbps capacity

So if you get a large DDOS the same thing is going to happen again.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited September 2014

@fma965 said:
    Also i have been threatened with paypal claims/disputes/chargebacks over GTA DNS stuff a year or so ago and i lost them so clearly people who say "paypal doesn't deal with virtual goods" are wrong.

Then either your ToS is shitty, or you're handling your disputes the wrong way.

But this is enough time wasted on this thread, do as @Jar suggested, throw all responses made in the tickets here, (from your emails), and we'll have it all out in the open. I can't properly judge this way, because I don't know the full story. If you decide not to throw them on here, then, well, that's fine too, but I'm no longer wasting my time discussing with anyone in this thread about a case were there are too many details not given.

I also would appreciate it if @INIZ would show some logs of the 150K+ PPS as additional proof, so we can all make up our minds ourselves.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @Jar said:
    Can you do that? At this point, your story hinges on him lying to all of us here right now for it to land in a way that doesn't make you look like an incapable system administrator who purchased a product they couldn't handle so you flew off the handle and blamed the provider because you actually believe that a public IP address cannot be attacked unless you wave it around on reddit or something. Either that's an accurate description of you or he is lying. You have the answer.

I dont get what your problem is, You must really see the world in black/white

I own a VPS with RamNode i know what i'm doing. I never stated it couldn't be DDOS'd i stated i never made the DDOS happen, i never provoked it. the server was literally configured to my domain names for about 5minutes. Since the DDOS started before i moved the domain names over i still stick by the fact that the IP was targeted and not me.

I never stated in the ticket i wasn't attacked i stated i didn't cause it and it wasn't targeted at me but rather the IP not my services.

"Had the service for less than 24 hours i was not targeted personally this has nothing to do with me, you ip's are clearly near others who are being DDOS'd i wasn't running shit on it other than moving some data from another VPS and running VestaCP with webservices. no games were being run no nothing. so what the hell are you chatting?"

"Your service is terrible i genuinely wasn't doing anything wrong now i lose out on money for no reason what the hell, disputing with paypal then since your refusing and the "service isn't what it is meant to be"
    I don't see why i was being DDOS'd"

"Again this is ridiculous as i didn't do shit, i was just downloading some files from my ramnode VPS then all of sudden kicked out, no 1 even had the IP i was using"

This is from a old copy of the Ticket i had on my computer, i saved it as a PDF as i had a feeling i would need it later.

This discussion has been closed.