Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service

Comments

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited September 2014

fma965 said: i saved it as a PDF

Throw the PDF in here. like I stated above.

fma965 said: I dont get what your problem is, You must really see the world in black/white

In cases like this, opinions will be formed on facts, not on something someone says (Not saying you are lying).

• @AnthonySmith said:
    dont be surprised if you end up on fraudrecord due to this either.

Um i haven't commited fraud so if i ended up on that then that would be false. i paid my service and didn't do anything fraudulently

• 4 pages and no memes, yet?

• I am not throwing the PDF in as it has personal information on it.

• @fma965 said:
    I am not throwing the PDF in as it has personal information on it.

Then edit that info out.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • FlorisFloris Member
    edited September 2014

@fma965 said:
    I am not throwing the PDF in as it has personal information on it.

Thanked by 3netomx ATHK lazyt
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2014

fma965 said: I dont get what your problem is, You must really see the world in black/white

You came here to trash talk someone I like, in a way that I've repeatedly seen people do here without adequate justification (consistently due to their lack of knowledge), why does it upset you that I want you to prove it?

fma965 said: I own a VPS with RamNode i know what i'm doing

Here I thought all of those hours managing nodes made me almost qualified to say that I know what I'm doing but you're saying that just having a VPS with RamNode is enough? I'll make sure to update my resume. By the way, I don't want to hear about your competence when you truly believe that a server can only be attacked by hostname, that free cloudflare provides DDOS protection, and that you have to be targeted personally to be a DDOS victim. You clearly know very little about this, because I know all of that to be factually untrue.

fma965 said: i stated i never made the DDOS happen, i never provoked it

That isn't your provider's problem. Their problem is that there is a problem, your problem is that you didn't even offer to investigate or troubleshoot, you immediately blamed them and claimed that your unmanaged server receiving an attack could not be your responsibility.

fma965 said: you ip's are clearly near others who are being DDOS'd

This he can know, and I'm guessing it isn't true. Don't make assumptions. If he shut off your VPS and a DDOS on another IP flooded the node, I think he would know about it, don't you?

fma965 said: i wasn't running shit on it other than moving some data [....] so what the hell are you chatting?

Wow. You were rude to him right from the start of this weren't you?

fma965 said: "Your service is terrible i genuinely wasn't doing anything wrong now i lose out on money for no reason what the hell, disputing with paypal then since your refusing and the "service isn't what it is meant to be" I don't see why i was being DDOS'd"

There it is. You didn't go ask anyone to DDOS you so it's not your fault and his service is "terrible" because of this and you immediately jumped to the conclusion that you were going to have to go to PayPal with this.

Your problem is that you immediately assumed he was an asshole and had no information to give you, would be of no help, and you jumped on him as such. Maybe if you started a conversation like an adult you'd be treated like one in response.

All figured out, got all of the information I wanted so that I could feel comfortable drawing my own conclusion. Thank you.

Thanked by 2Amitz tr1cky
  • Well no because why should i lose out on money for a VPS which was DDOS'd but not my fault and i didn't cause it i didn't provoke it like know 1 knew my ip and no domains were linked apart from the small amount of time. He claims i provoked the DDOS attack hence why i was defensive.

"By the way, I don't want to hear about your competence when you truly believe that a server can only be attacked by hostname, that free cloudflare provides DDOS protection, and that you have to be targeted personally to be a DDOS victim. You clearly know very little about this, because I know all of that to be factually untrue."

I never stated any of this stop twisting my words...

1. I said my ip wasn't link to a hostname and no 1 knew my IP so any one who did was due to previous customers of the IP not because of me therefore i never violated the terms of INIZ as i didn't provoke a DDOS attack..

2. I also never said cloudflare protects me from DDOS i said the IP's were cloudflare IP's surely the server logs should be showing correct IP's not cloudflare ones (surely you can configure it to do that)

3. I never claimed to need to be targeted personally to be a DDOS victim i just said it wasn't personal and i was terminated for this reason "At this time we are reluctant to continue hosting you and giving you another chance due to your unprofessional behaviour and attracting DDoS in a matter of hours.", Which is clearly not fair as i didn't even give me IP to any one and didn't have it linked to a domain name so therefore no relation with my services and the DDOS. It was clearly just a attack on that ip meaning i didn't "attact DDOS"

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

fma965 said: stop twisting my words

Let's assume that I am for a moment and just conclude with the finest words with no interpretation from me:

fma965 said: why should i lose out on money for a VPS which was DDOS'd but not my fault and i didn't cause it i didn't provoke it

Enough said.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Jar said: fma965 said: stop twisting my words

Let's assume that I am for a moment and just conclude with the finest words with no interpretation from me:

fma965 said: why should i lose out on money for a VPS which was DDOS'd but not my fault and i didn't cause it i didn't provoke it

Enough said.

Well no because i was terminated for this "attracting DDoS in a matter of hours. " but i didn't attract the DDOS i suppose i was attacked by a DDOS but still not seeing them logs... but i didn't attact it and therefore i shouldn't have been terminated and refused refund under that reason

• @fma965 You're making a fool out of yourself, just move on with your life.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • If one of my websites was attacked, and a provider terminated me as a result, I would be apologizing to them and moving on. It's not uncommon for websites to be attacked nowadays, even at random. This is a risk you should be aware of, and willing to take, before choosing to manage websites. I don't think it's fair, but it happens, and being aware of issues before they occur rather than choosing to ignore them helps exponentially in problem solving. It's not your fault you were attacked, but a providers network still suffered, and from an objective point of view, it was your website that caused this, especially given the short window between registration and attack. I don't know what else to say, other than move on, live and learn. Now you are aware that you could be the victim of denial of service attacks, and that hosts can/will terminate as a result. Find a service that works for your needs and hopefully you won't face the same issues down the road.

Thanked by 2jar ATHK
  • fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

alexh said: it was your website that caused this, especially given the short window between registration and attack. I don't know what else to say, other than move on, live and learn.

But thats my point it wasn't my website that caused that as my website wasn't even linked to that IP. except for for about 5 minutes of that time (at the end)

• Let me be clear i am not saying i wasn't responsible for the DDOS against my VPS but i am saying it wasn't my services that caused it since they weren't linked apart for about 5minutes at the end

• xDutchyxDutchy Member
    edited September 2014

5 minutes is enough if someone's targeting you.

• fma965 said: But thats my point it wasn't my website that caused that as my website wasn't even linked to that IP

If that is the case then you should not be punished for a DDOS against the IP address.

(And yes, I've read the entire thread.)

• @xDutchy said:
    5 minutes is enough if someone's targeting you.

I know that but what i mean is the DDOS allegedly lasted over 20minutes and yet my domain was only linked to the IP for the last 5minutes.

• sleddog said: If that is the case then you should not be punished for a DDOS against the IP address.

(And yes, I've read the entire thread.)

Exactly.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited September 2014

my point exactly and im no techie...

If no service was on it publicly and the i wasn't announced associated with the service, it surely is an attack (if there was any) on the ip than on the webservice.

If only you guys could work it out amicably, this would have been over in minutes.

@Iniz ... Is it possible that you may give the op another chance. probably with another unanounced ip
    @fma965 ... if he does give you another chance. please be easy on the transfers. Do all what you want but just take it easy

EDITED OUT

• IF the domain had no history of ddos at its previous provider (prior to Iniz) AND IF the domain isn't experiencing ddos at its current provider (RamNode) THEN it would be extremely unlikely to attact ddos during its short lifespan at Iniz.

The history of the Iniz IP address seems more likely to blame.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @sleddog said:
    The history of the Iniz IP address seems more likely to blame.

Yes i agree, My domain did have history of DDOS around a year ago but that was resolved. Not had one since and not having one now.

• TACServersTACServers Member
    edited September 2014

fma965 said: I also never said cloudflare protects me from DDOS i said the IP's were cloudflare IP's surely the server logs should be showing correct IP's not cloudflare ones (surely you can configure it to do that)

Your right, YOU can configure apache/Nginx/Whatever modules on YOUR vps to show real IP's in YOUR logs. Why have you stated this over and over? It's an unmanaged service, you are expected to configure it yourself.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited September 2014

@fma965 said:
    2. I also never said cloudflare protects me from DDOS i said the IP's were cloudflare IP's surely the server logs should be showing correct IP's not cloudflare ones (surely you can configure it to do that)

What the fuck? You do know that the TCP connections that CloudFlare opens to your server are from CloudFlare IPs and the only way to get the visitor's IPs is to read the headers sent through CloudFlare? Only webservers can do that, not traffic dumping tools. That's why tools like iptables and other firewalls are useless behind CloudFlare, as they would only see tcp traffic from CloudFlare IPs.

Edit:

And you saw the logs, they are full of CloudFlare IPs that actually caused 150k pps.

Edit2:

And regarding being attacked for 20mins but only having the domain linked for 5mins: Have you ever heard of TTL?

• @INIZ, now that the client is gone, why not spin up a VM with that IP and see what happens?

• @sleddog said:
    INIZ, now that the client is gone, why not spin up a VM with that IP and see what happens?

Have you read the logs? The "attacking" IPs were CloudFlare IPs. He clearly received a HTTP flood through CloudFlare, the domain was targeted and not the IP.

Thanked by 2support123 ATHK
  • @cncking2000 said:
    Your right, YOU can configure apache/Nginx/Whatever modules on YOUR vps to show real IP's in YOUR logs. Why have you stated this over and over? It's an unmanaged service, you are expected to configure it yourself.

yeah but i would also assume stat monitoring software would be able to do this. i'm not about for me to access i am on about for the owners of the service to access e,g, INIZ

tr1cky said: Only webservers can do that, not traffic dumping tools. That's why tools like iptables and other firewalls are useless behind CloudFlare,

clearly i was wrong sorry we can't all be perfect like @cncking200 and @tr1cky. My bad.

• fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

@tr1cky said:
    Have you read the logs? The "attacking" IPs were CloudFlare IPs. He clearly received a HTTP flood through CloudFlare, the domain was targeted and not the IP.

That was standard traffic to a buggy PHP script as previously mentioned in this thread.

• So my slightly buggy PHP script which doesn't cache the images it generates + me WGET'ing files is what caused this, i still insist it wasn't a DDOS but you insist otherwise.

• TACServersTACServers Member
    edited September 2014

@fma965, Hey now, its 2000, not 200, :) On the other hand, forgive me for informing you about something you seemed to not know about earlier. I know you will leave with some knowledge from this thread, if any of us are getting through.

Honestly, the last provider I signed up for, I told them flat out that I was going to run a 80GB btsync to the new VPS. They advised limiting incoming to prevent issues, and that was that. A little communication with your provider would go a long way for the "Unique" experience that you went through.

Edit: All this assuming that it wasn't a DDoS as you've maintained in this thread.

Thanked by 1fma965
This discussion has been closed.