Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ.COM - Jump the gun on termination - Terrible Custom Service

Comments

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Floris said:
    It's a normal thing in this business, and if you would've threatened RamNode with PayPal chargebacks, or ANY other brand they would've closed your account aswell.

Definitely, although we probably would issue a refund if it was a new order. Just best to cut all ties from a host's point of view. People who threaten us with chargebacks receive an immediate refund (if new order) and are terminated/banned.

I say all that regardless of whether the OP actually threatened INIZ or not. Just a general statement of fact.

• @Iniz - do you have flow data for the OP's IP/interface? If so just provide him that and this ridiculous discussion is over. The flow data will show what was really going on at the time

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2014

@fma965 - I get where both you and INIZ are coming from, but once something like this starts there is seldom a way to fix it. Providers are paranoid about abusers, and sometime over reach. To be fair, you should understand that LET providers are abused a lot. As a new member, you will never convince the provider or this board that you are right, even if you show a correct graph detailing what you are saying. The $7 loss that you had just has to be factored into LE* VPS cost, as those things will keep happing from time to time. It's all just part of the show.

@MarkTurner - you know where you can put your flow data

@MarkTurner said:
    Iniz - do you have flow data for the OP's IP/interface? If so just provide him that and this ridiculous discussion is over. The flow data will show what was really going on at the time

EDIT: spelling

• fma965 said: Because INIZ is ranked so high on LEB i want people to be aware it's not all sunshine and rainbows with them.

As you can see here most people love them and defeat them. I totally feel you because I had kind of a similar problem. I personally do also think that Patricks way of handling difficult situations could improve a lot and because of this I definitely won't ever become a client again. But now as everything is heated up I don't think you can get anywhere. I think at least you got what you wanted: tell everyone about it.
    Both sides told their version and people can decide on their own if they think it's cool.

AnthonySmith said: Honestly while I agree that you probably did not have any malicious intent you have essentially handled it like a 10 year old and I would not be refunding you either at this point.

Well yes, @fma965, that's also true. Anyways in general, a service provider should be above such things as well on the other hand.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Reading over some of my responses and some of your latest responses, @fma965, I apologize if I came across a bit harsh. This place really does get used as a venting zone for idiots and I can tell you're not an idiot, but you do have some things to learn about unmanaged VPS and how to speak more respectfully to your providers about unplanned events like this. With that said, I only aimed to stand up and ask for proof of an accusation against a provider that I like, as someone who knows first hand what it's like to be in their situation. I didn't intend to be overly harsh, but I fear that I came across that way regardless.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @Jar said:
    Reading over some of my responses and some of your latest responses, fma965, I apologize if I came across a bit harsh. This place really does get used as a venting zone for idiots and I can tell you're not an idiot, but you do have some things to learn about unmanaged VPS and how to speak more respectfully to your providers about unplanned events like this. With that said, I only aimed to stand up and ask for proof of an accusation against a provider that I like, as someone who knows first hand what it's like to be in their situation. I didn't intend to be overly harsh, but I fear that I came across that way regardless.

I am not idiot as you said, I know what i'm on about i went to college for 3 years doing IT System Support and also did a basic CISCO networking course. I don't know low level networking stuff and i will freely admit that. I know how to use linux and setup lamp/lemp stacks etc. I am a RC on XDA-Developers due to being helpful with the community there, I have made various computer programs for people on my website and i have helped many people with tutorials on my website, i do all this for free.

So yes i am not a idiot. I came on here to state me issue and i agree i could have probably spoke to them nicer but i was having other issues with other things at the time and couldn't be dealing with another issue aswell. So i was less than polite when contacting them. I apologize for that if i haven't already.

Thank you for reading through the thread and apologizing in regards to your earlier comments it means a lot.

Thanked by 1jar
  • chrisp said: As you can see here most people love them and defeat them. I totally feel you because I had kind of a similar problem. I personally do also think that Patricks way of handling difficult situations could improve a lot and because of this I definitely won't ever become a client again. But now as everything is heated up I don't think you can get anywhere. I think at least you got what you wanted: tell everyone about it. Both sides told their version and people can decide on their own if they think it's cool.

Yes i got my side told and that's all i wanted really.

chrisp said: Well yes, @fma965, that's also true. Anyways in general, a service provider should be above such things as well on the other hand.

Yes and again i am sorry for that but they should be above that as you said.

• For what it's worth i just read over this whole thread, and i can see that some stuff may not have been worded correct by me and can probably be twisted.

I don't care no more, i have made my point, i'm done replying. Hope some people will take my word and take this as a warning... if not well i tried.

• fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

Oh but the script i mentioned earlier was this
    http://pastie.org/private/rskiupx8ojr6wtoccnweig
    I believe this is what caused the excess traffic.
    which is very bad and has now had caching implemented

Here is some previews

http://cyanlabs.net/youtubestats.php?id=cyantips&subgoal=10000&viewgoal=50000

http://cyanlabs.net/youtubestats.php?id=pewdiepie&subgoal=10000000&viewgoal=50000000

Images were generated each time the script was hit and it is in my signature on the freedom forum aswell as other peoples signatures on the freedom forum...
    http://community.freedom.tm/

Again i have now implemented caching for 6 hours.

EDIT: the traffic however could have only be caused while i had my server linked to cyanlabs.net which was for about 2 minutes then it was unlinked then about 25mins later it was back for 5 before the VPS was terminated

• fma965 said: I am a RC on XDA-Developers due to being helpful with the community there, I have made various computer programs for people on my website and i have helped many people with tutorials on my website, i do all this for free.

Thanks for what you have been doing, pm me your paypal address, I will "donate" the amount you paid to iniz.

• fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

@namhuy said:
    Thanks for what you have been doing, pm me your paypal address, I will "donate" the amount you paid to iniz.

Thanks, Thats up to you please don't feel sorry for me though, only do it if you want to do it. PM'd you my paypal email.

(oh and when i said this is my last post i meant last post unless some one asks me something or replies directly to me)

• Jack said: SPEECHLESS, LOL.

I'm just being polite. That also wasn't worded the best. Unrelated note does any one know anything about BHost? are they any good?

• Definitely go with greenvaluehost.com, stellar service and uptime.

• I need it in the UK though. (netherlands maybe)

• @Jack said:
    Why not get another Ramnode?

Because preferably i want it in the UK.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Jack said:

Why the trolling?

• @fma965 said:

Because preferably i want it in the UK.

OnePound Web hosting are decent and in the UK.

• So far so good... bhost seem to be working fine :)

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2014

@alexh said:
    If one of my websites was attacked, and a provider terminated me as a result, I would be apologizing to them and moving on. It's not uncommon for websites to be attacked nowadays, even at random. This is a risk you should be aware of, and willing to take, before choosing to manage websites. I don't think it's fair, but it happens, and being aware of issues before they occur rather than choosing to ignore them helps exponentially in problem solving. It's not your fault you were attacked, but a providers network still suffered, and from an objective point of view, it was your website that caused this, especially given the short window between registration and attack. I don't know what else to say, other than move on, live and learn. Now you are aware that you could be the victim of denial of service attacks, and that hosts can/will terminate as a result. Find a service that works for your needs and hopefully you won't face the same issues down the road.

A host that chooses to hit the terminate button instead of the suspension and/or nullroute button in the case that a client gets DDoSed automatically proves themselves to be mentally retarded.

In that situation, we should create a GoFundMe page for the community to donate towards mental rehabilitation for such hosting provider. I'd be more than happy to be the first guy to donate.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2014

Please Jon, stop calling others "retarded" while you still try to develop something like common sense yourself (and failing everytime).

• fma965fma965 Member
    edited September 2014

@jnguyen said:
    In that situation, we should create a GoFundMe page for the community to donate towards mental rehabilitation for such hosting provider. I'd be more than happy to be the first guy to donate.

LOL i like your style xD

Shame you don't host in the UK/Netherlands :(

• Mental health is not an insult you can just throw at everyone who doesn't agree with you, mate. It isn't cool. :(

• @fma965 said:
    Shame you don't host in the UK/Netherlands :(

The two of you might really be a perfect fit.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2014

"Retard", "Retarded" "Mental rehabilitation" and words of that sort are part of my regular vocabulary, I don't even use the word stupid anymore.

I think I got this from @Jack, who used to call me retarded like 10x a day back when he worked for me.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @jnguyen said:
    "Retard", "Retarded" "Mental rehabilitation" and words of that sort are part of my regular vocabulary.

Even worse, dickhead.

• @jnguyen said:
    "Retard", "Retarded" "Mental rehabilitation" and words of that sort are part of my regular vocabulary.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited September 2014

@jnguyen said:
    A host that chooses to hit the terminate button instead of the suspension and/or nullroute button in the case that a client gets DDoSed automatically proves themselves to be mentally retarded.

But no one hit any terminate button... the OP has two issues (1) the ddos attack which resulted in a suspension and (2) the threating that he would file a chargeback and then the actual chargeback. (2) caused the termination and any provider would do exactly the same.

And Jon you should be the last person mentioning anything regarding mental rehabilitation... and i am sure you know why i am saying this so i suggest you take back that comment before it fires back.

• @Amitz

“Nobody has the right to not be offended. That right doesn't exist in any declaration I have ever read.

If you are offended it is your problem, and frankly lots of things offend lots of people.

I can walk into a bookshop and point out a number of books that I find very unattractive in what they say. But it doesn't occur to me to burn the bookshop down. If you don't like a book, read another book. If you start reading a book and you decide you don't like it, nobody is telling you to finish it.

To read a 600-page novel and then say that it has deeply offended you: well, you have done a lot of work to be offended.”

― Salman Rushdie

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @zafouhar - I was responding to @alexh not to the thread specifically.

• Salman Rushdie, by the way, is quite a dickhead in his private life too. I wonder why you have chosen him for your quote. Oh, wait...

This discussion has been closed.