Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love it when...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Love it when...

CoreyCorey Member
edited June 2012 in General

Don't you just love it when you buy a half rack at a datacenter, they put you on the top half, and more than half of your rack mount screws fall down into the half rack below you!?

List some stuff that you just love when it happens. (hosting related)

Comments

• i love it when my shopping cart has 0 available(s) in all product/service categories.

• TazTaz Member

I love it when customer does not pay the invoice on a timely basis and then complains about suspension.

• I love it when I type wget cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test -O 100mb.test in putty and see

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 109M/s in 0.9s :D

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

I love it when people are getting the best pricing out there and still ask for a bigger discount -_-

Thanked by 1SrvisLLC
  • One of these things is not like the others...

To expand on @NinjaHawk's, I love it when someone creates an account with details like '123 asdf st' and then complains when I delete it.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @taipres said: I love it when I type wget cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test -O 100mb.test in putty and see

Is this a LEB?

• CoreyCorey Member

@antiven I think it's his notepad.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@antiven said: Is this a LEB?

Yes it's VPS6

• @taipres said: Yes it's VPS6

Slightly expensive for LEBs. What's the IO like?

• TazTaz Member

@Aldryic Lol. Fact.
    Another one, 1st invoice paid via credit card, approved us to charge pro-rata monthly payment. Card charged on the 29th , 1 day before due, opens ticket on the 3rd ;actual quote" Why my credit card was charge without asking me and I want to cancellation my order, so can you refund me?"
    Notes: No cancellation request before due date, 2 invoice reminder sent.

• CoreyCorey Member

@ninjahawk 29th and not the 28th? weird.

• TazTaz Member

@ Corey well the server was a different zone so it was my 29th but actually 28.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

@antiven said: Slightly expensive for LEBs. What's the IO like?

Use coupon off my site, should be "20OFFANYTHING" you get 20% off recurring and I believe double bandwidth.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited June 2012

@taipres You can stop spamming them pictures. I heard BuyVM gets higher.

Thanked by 2klikli Roph
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Daniel said: I heard BuyVM gets higher.

Troll of the day to you my good man!

• @Daniel said: @taipres You can stop spamming them pictures. I heard BuyVM gets higher.

Overall VPS6 has better hardware than BuyVM, they don't deny it and neither should you.

• RandyRandy Member

i love it when i get chargebacks

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I love it when I get told there is a problem with my VPS service accompanied by a screen shot of a remote desktop client with the CentOS XEN PV VPS IP in it failing to connect.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • CoreyCorey Member

@AnthonySmith that is golden.

• @taipres said: Use coupon off my site, should be "20OFFANYTHING" you get 20% off recurring and I believe double bandwidth.

The code has expired and your website is down-> http://www.isup.me/cheapvpsdeals.net

• DamianDamian Member

@Corey said: , and more than half of your rack mount screws fall down into the half rack below you!?

The last half-rack we were in, we had the top too. We dropped a screw, then heard it hit the floor. Looked on the bottom, and.. the bottom rack didn't actually have a bottom.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • CoreyCorey Member

@Damian so the lifted floor was exposed there?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

S'why you gals need to get the supermicro rails that have pegs in them instead of screw in :)

It makes installation so easy, you simply extend the arm and it clips right into the peg holes. We have some of the older rails that require the bolts, those suck. We had to actually go out to an old ass computer store to buy them since coresite wanted like $50 for a bag of 25. The comp place was doing it for us at 25 for a buck so we bought like 8 bags just to have on hand.

Francisco

@taipres said: Overall VPS6 has better hardware than BuyVM, they don't deny it and neither should you.

CPU's maybe, but even we can't confirm that since we've never seen it. Pretty sure we're one of the few hosts on here giving 300 - 500M/sec sequential read/writes on IO and one of the only ones (the only one?) with SSD caching in place at no additional cost.

Come at me bro.

Fran

Thanked by 1Roph
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: (the only one?)

I believe FTN are introducing it soon. I got an e-mail I think (I've not been paying attention to much on the internet due to my studies, bah).

@Francisco said: Come at me bro.

That's what she said.

• edited June 2012

WHMCS sets a currency to 0 on a cronjob and a million customers from Italy all sign up for annual plans <3 <3 <3

• @Randy said: i love it when i get chargebacks

LOL ah those are the worse. I'll still never get over the 6 month or longer time frame users can issue a chargeback and steal the product/service. This can get a providers account locked, funds held etc...is horrible. In the IM world those that do this a lot are called serial refunders.

@taipres said: LOL ah those are the worse. I'll still never get over the 6 month or longer time frame users can issue a chargeback and steal the product/service.

On CC's I guess? Yea, that's why you need to keep really picky amounts of details on an account to stop that crap.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: On CC's I guess? Yea, that's why you need to keep really picky amounts of details on an account to stop that crap.

Francisco

Even paypal since a lot of times users have a CC hooked up to that.