Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting.. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting..

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@kmewan said:
    I thinks its Scam. I think looking for new service..

It's not a scam you dopey sod, something's gone very tits up clearly, but this isn't someone simply doing a runner with the cash.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited May 2014

@Nekki said:
    but this isn't someone simply doing a runner with the cash.

How do you know that? So far @lowend didn't even had the respect/decency to keep his customers informed, they are left clueless and have a unusual amount of downtime. This has been going on for too long already, whoever sticks with lowend through all this downtime really is a loyal customer, it would be a real shame if that loyalty would get ruined by a "runner".

Thanked by 2Sherlock netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Mark_R said: How do you know that?

A few signs:
    1. He didnt just disappear and closed all servers, only one DC pulled the plug;
    2. He talked to someone here about it;
    3. He did try to cover it up by saying it is just "the node" when it was the whole DC, probably hoping he will manage to solve it somehow;
    4. His disappearance here means he is at least somewhat ashamed and/or hoping he can still reverse this and come with a solution:
    5. He did have multiple DCs and a pretty big customer base.
    A runner will do differently. Besides I spoke with him some time ago and, while didnt look like the guru kind of guy or very knowledgeable regarding the market, he seemed the honest kind of guy.
    Calling scam and all wont help anyone. I only hope someone learned something from this. But I am probably just fooling myself :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Mark_R said:
    How do you know that?

Basically what @MaoMix said, if someone was doing a runner with the cash, you'd just see everything cease and you'd not hear anything again, as they've no need to try and maintain a customer base. You certainly wouldn't have another forum member running interference on your behalf.

Don't get me wrong, if any of the suppliers we use at work behaved like this, we'd be serving a termination notice and looking for remuneration, but this doesn't look a thing like a scam, and that term gets thrown out far too often here (even if it is usually by those without an extended English vocabulary) for my liking.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Maounique said:
    Calling scam and all wont help anyone.

@Nekki said:

>

I know that and I'm not aiming at marking someone as a scammer.

I'm just finding it disrespectful how he threats his customers that help him pay his income. alot of them cannot use their paid-for server right now. How much effort is it to send out a email to the affected customers or to post a update at LET? and obviously it is not only about communication here, it is just taking too long in general. You'd expect a host to take alternative measures to resume services as fast possible even if that means at temporary base while he figures stuff out.

And to clear another thing up, people speaking on @lowend 's behalf (unofficially? not part of lowend company?) I do not count as a official update. They don't even provide any useful information on this matter so it is basicly useless. I totally agree with this comment related to that http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/597883/#Comment_597883

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Mark_R Completely agree with you on the lack of professionalism. Regardless of the circumstances the lack of contact is unforgivable, unless the owner has become incapacitated and no-one is able to access official email accounts etc. Like I said, if a provider I used professionally did this, I'd have legal after them by now.

I'd suggest LowEND's essentially dead in the water as far as the LE* community is concerned, due to their handling of this situation.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@Nekki said:
    I'd suggest LowEND's essentially dead in the water as far as the LE* community is concerned, due to their handling of this situation.

I'm not completely sure about that, it depends on how much longer @lowend will be hiding I guess, and ofcourse on what reasoning he is going to give. but yes this situation probably has drove off alot of potential and existing customers.

Mark_R said: but yes this situation probably has drove off alot of potential and existing customers.

People forgive and forget fast here. But i am afraid he wont like to be humiliated for his mistake, on how went things here, better cut the losses and move on with his life.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited May 2014

@Maounique said:
    People forgive and forget fast here. But i am afraid he wont like to be humiliated for his mistake, on how went things here, better cut the losses and move on with his life.

I hope that you are wrong there because in my view it is not about humiliation, it should be about making things right! ofcourse you will get alot of negative comments in return but screw that! atleast you show that you care, it would be a good thing right? perhaps give account credit to the affected customers that would do wonders.

• VPNVPN Member

It would take @LowEND two minutes to come on and just reassure everyone that they're working to a resolution. If it means admitting that its quite serious then so be it.

I know I'd rather hear bad news than nothing at all.

Thanked by 1Mark_R

It is the unjust accusations that will come, the undeserved name-calling and all, I am sure this was a mistake that grew out of proportions through some bad luck or something, but, yeah, at least a few lines would have worked miracles. I always think being honest is the best defense, dont leave people options to pile attacks for things you didnt do but they can imagine either because they caught you cosmetizing the truth or because you didnt tell all truth. But I can also understand him given the pack of wolves waiting here. I am sure i wouldnt want to be in his place and mistakes are something you can never avoid completely.
    An expert is someone who failed in all possible ways.

Thanked by 1imp
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited May 2014

Right now it looks like we are discussing on how @lowend can approach this situation the best way with minimal damage, I think that we just have to wait for him to take back the control of the situation and do what is Right (whatever that definition will mean for him.)

• impimp Member

Better try to contact them anyhow and ask for refund.Else open a dispute.

I was trying to also give some ideas since i think he reads here or is at least informed.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Last Active may 30

• impimp Member

@AlexanderM said:
    Last Active may 30

He is aware of this thread but no response.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Update everyone --

LowEND should be back online by tomorrow. 2/06/2014

Stop panicking, Michael should be releasing a public statement into the events of what happened right after all services are restored.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Maounique said: this situation probably has drove off alot of potential and existing customers.

Nope.

Mark_R said: But i am afraid he wont like to be humiliated for his mistake, on how went things here, better cut the losses and move on with his life.

A public statement should be released by Michael when he is ready.

Mark_R said: can approach this situation the best way with minimal damage,

He will do so in a way that he deems fit.

Maounique said: mistakes are something you can never avoid completely.

100%.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@viCommunications

You messed up the Names x Comments.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited May 2014

@imp said:
    Better try to contact them anyhow and ask for refund.Else open a dispute.

That just worsens the situation. You don't think the system is clogged with messages/tickets of people wondering what is going on/getting they're money back? Be patient, they're not deadpooling just yet (according to @viCommunications at least).

• yywudiyywudi Member

@viCommunications said:
    Update everyone --

LowEND should be back online by tomorrow. 2/06/2014

Stop panicking, Michael should be releasing a public statement into the events of what happened right after all services are restored.

let's see.

• LowENDLowEND Member

I'm sorry for the delay in communication.

I will release a public statement on 02/06/2014. (NOTE: Status "http://lowend.co/index.php".)

• VPNVPN Member

@LowEND said:
    I'm sorry for the delay in communication.

I will release a public statement on 02/06/2014. (NOTE: Status "http://lowend.co/index.php".)

Why make people wait until Monday for an update. You're here now so just explain what's going on now?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • LowENDLowEND Member

@VPN - I'm in the middle of sorting out servers and I'm still feeling unwell.

• NoermanNoerman Member

Maounique said: People forgive and forget fast here.

There always be someone who remind it, also there are Google (cache) & also Wayback Machine.

VPN said: Why make people wait until Monday for an update. You're here now so just explain what's going on now?

+1

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Right folks, you've got your official response, the fella apparently isn't doing so well, so cut him (a little more) slack and go and enjoy your weekends.

I assure you, we'll have plenty of opportunity to ruin him come Monday if the explanation isn't up to snuff and your servers aren't up :-)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

Huh? How would you know this?

It's good that he's suddenly appeared again, but no explanation at all, and everyone still has to wait another day.

I'd be moved to another host already.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Now that we have got a reply from him, i think it's worth waiting... that's all it takes, one official announcement..

• kmewankmewan Member

I think see new Re-Seller Panel.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2014

viCommunications said: I work for LowEND.co

viCommunications said: yywudi said: seems you're one staff of the lowend?

Nope.

I'm just a friend of Michael and attempting to defuse the situation before it explodes.

What is true? Your (new) signature or your previous answer that you are not one of the staff? Are you kidding us? @mpkossen, take a look at that...

This discussion has been closed.