Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting.. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting..

Comments

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited May 2014

@earl said:
    hyeltonhyelton

To be safe I would be making backups of your dedi..

My Dedi was only there for backups, Theres nothing on it really. I was gonna use it to back things up on. I wish I had already used it though cause then I would had been able to put most of my files back up. Sadly only about 80GB of my files are up out of my 500GB lol. Trying to find some of the most important ones but sadly a lot of the files I`m the only person who has them.

I really have Trust in Michael Ive gotten to know him a good bit since I first started hosting my stuff with him. Ive never had a friendship with a Hosting company before like I have with LowEND. These last 2 days have been the first time I have seen him offline though :/ Unless he might be having some trouble of his own. This is the first down time I have really had (Except for some recent script issues) No fault of LowEND. I will say out of the 4 months I think I have been with LowEND its been the best I have had in 2 years!

edited May 2014

Anyone hear anything new? Ticket System/WHCS seems to have been down for a little while now not working at all. And now it seems the main website is no longer working :/

EDIT: Seems to be back up working.

• yywudiyywudi Member

so lowend.co just deadpool?

edited May 2014

@yywudi said:
    so lowend.co just deadpool?

It doesnt seem like the owner would. I`ll give it a few. I have seen some really bad problems before which of no where near the hosts fault. Only thing bad so far I see is I wish we could be updated in some form of way.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited May 2014

WHMCS shows me an SSL error because of a hostname mismatch. The SSL is for chososadventures.com

• If you're running something in value on your server, self healing/failover providors are your best bet, and backups!

• @VPN said:
    WHMCS shows me an SSL error because of a hostname mismatch.

Don't trust SSL issues as a sign of anything. As the SSL Certificate is from SingleHOP, they can revoke it at any time regardless of the status of the rest of the services.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

GoodHosting said: Don't trust SSL issues as a sign of anything. As the SSL Certificate is from SingleHOP, they can revoke it at any time regardless of the status of the rest of the services.

They can't change the hostname of the certificate. For one thing, it's stored on the LowEND web server.

• @perennate said:
    They can't change the hostname of the certificate. For one thing, it's stored on the LowEND web server.

Not that, just saying that when/if the SSL is revoked; don't go crazy about it.

• @GoodHosting said:
    Don't trust SSL issues as a sign of anything. As the SSL Certificate is from SingleHOP, they can revoke it at any time regardless of the status of the rest of the services.

@hyelton said:
    For some reason when I do an IP lookup on my VPS is says, "61.120.198.99.unassigned.ord.singlehop.net" Unassinged? It used to show Lowend. whatever.

So it seems like their SSL has been revoked, IPs have been unassigned, been 36 hours.. ... looks like singlehop is kicking them out, and still no email from LowEND...

• Just not good business reputation is now ruined.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

oh dear sounds like the worst has indeed happened.

• @beachcitiespc said:
    Just not good business reputation is now ruined.

Indeed, their reputation if ruined. And they are to be blamed for it. Any other legit provider would have emailed, sure we have had downtimes before, but atleast we knew what was wrong.

@AnthonySmith said:
    oh dear sounds like the worst has indeed happened.

Yeah seems so, I am looking for new providers now.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Maounique said: smell like deadpool.

After years of looking into this LE phenomenon, i can read signs, nothing against michael and anyone, it does look like legit trouble, but not technical one. I am reasonably sure he didnt plan it and he still hoped he can solve it, maybe still does, but, IMO, that is very unlikely now.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2014

Well as @viCommunications is obviously in direct contact maybe he can provide an update from his friend?

• cassacassa Member

@lowEND, still nothing to say?

• Just remember guys, patience is a virtue...

viCommunications said: Patience is key, I understand you're frustrated, and anyone in your position would be, but give it time. Near 100% uptime for LowEND in last several months is a green sign, this is a technical outage afaik, it's being worked on.

4 tickets, just be patient.

They are not deadpooling, stop making rubbish assumptions because of a severe technical issue that's affected a number of nodes and services on LowEND.

@DimeNOC_Dennis I understand if you can't go into detail but are you still having ongoing issues with @LowEND? Anything you can tell us?

• VPNVPN Member

@GoodHosting said:
    Not that, just saying that when/if the SSL is revoked; don't go crazy about it.

I understand that but the certificate hasn't been revoked lol. Otherwise Chrome would of shown an expiry error not a mismatch error. LowEND have quite simply installed the certificate belonging to chososadventures.com

• VPN said: I understand that but the certificate hasn't been revoked lol. Otherwise Chrome would of shown an expiry error not a mismatch error. LowEND have quite simply installed the certificate belonging to chososadventures.com

Which is just some strange site which uses a captcha to validate a session. Strange. The page also has a commented out PositiveSSL badge.

That chososadventures site, what is it?

• Maounique said: That chososadventures site, what is it?

AThomasHowe said: Which is just some strange site which uses a captcha to validate a session. Strange. The page also has a commented out PositiveSSL badge.

the URL means Chuck & Oso's Adventure so maybe some browser based game...? Dunno, seems like some learn to code project really, probably the SSL cert is just an oversight. Might not even be @LowEND's site, maybe one of his clients certs.

Yeah, I read that, i just thought someone heard of that game or whatever. Thanks :)

• Maounique said: Yeah, I read that, i just thought someone heard of that game or whatever. Thanks :)

Nah I think it's just some site no one would ever have heard of if not for the cert cock up lol

• He was providing free SSL certificates, then there is no reason why he himself would use some other site's SSL... probably it's been revoked..

• anant said: He was providing free SSL certificates, then there is no reason why he himself would use some other site's SSL... probably it's been revoked..

There's no reason he'd upload a mismatching one either though, why not generate a self signed one? That part has to be a simple mistake.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

No updates at this point in time. Some of the services are still online that are hosted through the DimeNOC DC & HostDIME DCs, SingleHOP services are all down though it appears and the IPs have been put back into the pool system. This is the reason why some clients can still access their services, and others cant.

Rest assured Michael & the staff team are working on the issue and due to the volume of clients (in the thousands) WHMCS has been pulled offline until the issue is resolved. At this point in time I'm not in a position to comment on what the issue exactly is.

We should see an update from Michael soon about the issue.

• kmewankmewan Member

im a re-seller at Lowend. 26 VPS NOW selling. my all buyers are confused. what i do next? I think see another Re-Selling now. Michal Not longer available from Skype.????

• BoxodeBoxode Member

kmewan said: what i do next?

Wait until the issue has been resolved. Nothing more you can do.

• @viCommunications Easy to say anything through a third-party though isn't it. Couldn't he at least send an e-mail out to his clients?

• kmewankmewan Member

How much need time?

This discussion has been closed.