Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting.. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting..

Comments

• earlearl Member

@anant said:
    100$ per hour is my earnings, roughly. Now include the cost of 40 servers i need + user payments. The final profit is very less.

I think you are exaggerating!

$100/HR = $72000/mo

$7 x 40 lowend servers = $280/mo

$72000 - $280 = $71720/mo +/-$

Hard to believe really..

Thanked by 2ramonwap netomx
  • @earl said:

calm down man, 100$ per hour doesn't mean exactly $100 per hour, i have a member base of 2000 users, out of 100$ roughly 70% goes to the users then my staff of 2 people, then the coder for some works, and other stuff..

And my earnings are not the main issue here...

• earlearl Member
    edited May 2014

anant said: calm down man,

You should listen to your own advice!

Down time is bad, maybe they could have handled it better..but don't blow things out of proportion.

anant said: And my earnings are not the main issue here...

Then why did you bring it up?

• I been doing this for over 15 years and never trust any provider any host any datacenter to be up as my SLA agreements to my clients I provide. This doesn't mean I don't trust the people managing, I just don't trust the networks or the hardware. That's why I have several servers in several datacenters/companies with a few different locations for daily backups. cPanel works well for these secnarios and set all my dns records for 5 mins. If anything is down for an hour, I move them to another server because my service level agreement says no down time for over 2 hours on my maintenance contracts.

Every now and then you find a great provider ex: intovps.com I just do a normal reboot every 6 months been with them since they opened. I just don't put all my eggs in one basket mostly.

lowend.co is still has my servers down this would be unacceptable in any work environment I'm sure everyone would agree normally this means their is a conflict within the company or they just didn't pay their bill.

@mpkossen said:
    So, what is this technical glitch that takes hours to fix?

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@beachcitiespc You hit the nail on the head, this is exactly my take.

• The main issue is::::

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@XxNisseGamerxX Keep the unrelated gif spamming to the Cest Pit, eh.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    XxNisseGamerxX Keep the unrelated gif spamming to the Cest Pit, eh.

or go back to image boards.

@mpkossen said:
    So, what is this technical glitch that takes hours to fix?

I wonder...

• @Nekki said:
    XxNisseGamerxX Keep the unrelated gif spamming to the Cest Pit, eh.

This is related :P Getting drunk on saturday ;P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    This is related :P Getting drunk on saturday ;P

If nobody else gets it, it's unrelated.

Give words a try, I'm sure there's a delightful human being in there.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    If nobody else gets it, it's unrelated

I didn't get it - closest I got was a penguin pushing a server (bottle) out of the DC (the treehouse).

Give words a try, I'm sure there's a delightful human being in there.

A picture speaks a thousand words for a lazy man though! (I kid I kid @XxNisseGamerxX , you admitted you were lazy though)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @wych said:
    A picture speaks a thousand words for a lazy man though! (I kid I kid XxNisseGamerxX , you admitted you were lazy though)

It's many pictures!

Gif = Many pictures!!!!!!!

Don't make me sad :/

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited May 2014

Well At least I now Know I`m not the only one! Yea my Stuff has been down for a good while now and My site visitors are not so happy along with a few other things. I host a good 500GB and several TB of BW a day lol. Ticket system now seems to be broken (Maybe they disabled it) now that I see its not just related to stuff. I cant get ahold of Michael by phone or Skype (Usually he is only 24/7) I LOVE the service at LowEND.co so hopefully its just an issue that will get fixed when it can with no other problems.

• NoermanNoerman Member

Communication is the key.

Thanked by 1Scion
  • lpnlpn Member

@Noerman said:
    Communication is the key.

Yep, yep, yep.
    Currently dealing with a similar issue in a different context. I can understand that it is frustrating for the provider to have to deal with whatever technical issues there are. However, it is much more frustrating for the customers to be kept in the dark.

• @lpn said:

I completely agree with you. Been 24 hours, no official email from them about the down-time. They are not replying to the tickets now..

• Assuming they have gone under we've had a few deadpools recently, huh?

Maybe the eternal September is coming to an end... could it be?

• earlearl Member

They should use twitter..so at least customers can get updates..

• @earl said:
    They should use twitter..so at least customers can get updates..

I hate twitter but twitter would be great for situations like this.

@AThomasHowe said:
    Assuming they have gone under we've had a few deadpools recently, huh?

Maybe the eternal September is coming to an end... could it be?

I highly doubt they have gone under. The person running it is a great person!

• hyelton said: I highly doubt they have gone under. The person running it is a great person!

Well who knows, regardless there have been a few recently and certainly a few false positives. Tis why I said assuming.

• Down for over 24hrs, support site down most likely due to they don't want to hear from their complaining clients any longer. Pretty much think they are in denial or skipped town.

"Down for Maintenance (Err 3)
    We are currently aware of the issue and we will be back online shortly."

• @beachcitiespc said:
    Down for over 24hrs, support site down most likely due to they don't want to hear from their complaining clients any longer. Pretty much think they are in denial or skipped town.

"Down for Maintenance (Err 3)
    We are currently aware of the issue and we will be back online shortly."

My Dedi Server though LowEND is still working.. But its not through SingleHop.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

hyelton said: SingleHop

LowEND is with SingleHop? No wonder everything is down.

• soulchiefsoulchief Member
    edited May 2014

@anant said:
    Making things worse? My site is down from 10 hours, i have lost $XXX and all my data is stored on the dead servers. Now you want me to calm down?!

If you've lost $xxx from having it down for 10 hours, why are you using low end vps for it?

anant said: Every hour i am losing a $100, atleast they could provide substitute servers, but no.. they didn't. Because they don't give a damn about the problems of their customers

So 10*$100 = $xxxx. Are you sure you aren't exaggerating a little bit? Makes no sense at all to have a website that generates $2400+ a day, on a single low end vps.

• @perennate said:
    LowEND is with SingleHop? No wonder everything is down.

SingleHop is not too bad. But they do have there issues.

For some reason when I do an IP lookup on my VPS is says, "61.120.198.99.unassigned.ord.singlehop.net" Unassinged? It used to show Lowend. whatever.

• wychwych Member

@hyelton said:
    For some reason when I do an IP lookup on my VPS is says, "61.120.198.99.unassigned.ord.singlehop.net" Unassinged? It used to show Lowend. whatever.

Thats not good.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

hyelton said: For some reason when I do an IP lookup on my VPS is says, "61.120.198.99.unassigned.ord.singlehop.net" Unassinged? It used to show Lowend. whatever.

Means IP is no longer assigned to LowEND.

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited May 2014

Comments removed.

• @perennate said:
    Means IP is no longer assigned to LowEND.

Not sure, Quick chat with SingleHop (They wont give much) But he said something about a switch. But he could had been just BSing

• earlearl Member

@hyeltonhyelton

To be safe I would be making backups of your dedi..

This discussion has been closed.