Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting.. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lowend.co VPS down from 10 hours and counting..

Comments

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited May 2014

@kmewan said:
    How much need time?

Noboby knows unfortunately

• rds100rds100 Member

There are situations in which a host wouldn't be allowed to say why exactly the servers are down and when will they be back up - for instance if the servers are currently in the hands of the FBI.

• @rds100 said:
    There are situations in which a host wouldn't be allowed to say why exactly the servers are down and when will they be back up - for instance if the servers are currently in the hands of the FBI.

Or NSA

@viCommunications said:
    No updates at this point in time. Some of the services are still online that are hosted through the DimeNOC DC & HostDIME DCs, SingleHOP services are all down though it appears and the IPs have been put back into the pool system. This is the reason why some clients can still access their services, and others cant.

Rest assured Michael & the staff team are working on the issue and due to the volume of clients (in the thousands) WHMCS has been pulled offline until the issue is resolved. At this point in time I'm not in a position to comment on what the issue exactly is.

We should see an update from Michael soon about the issue.

they don't have "thousands" of clients... i have been keeping an eye on the invoice numbers..

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited May 2014

anant said: they don't have "thousands" of clients... i have been keeping an eye on the invoice numbers..

There's more to it than meets the eye.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited May 2014

@anant said:
    they don't have "thousands" of clients... i have been keeping an eye on the invoice numbers..

+1 without looking at our WHMCS installation to check, I'm fairly certain it increments them by 1 digit by default with the number configurable.

EDIT: Yeah just checked ours and it has to increment in a positive number so if your last invoice was say GS-123456 and your next was GS-123556 then it means only 100 invoices at most have been generated since your last one.

• rds100rds100 Member

There could be many yearly invoices though, depends what plans the host offers. So the invoice number delta is not the same as "number of clients".

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@viCommunications said:
    There's more to it than meets the key.

Eye*

• VPNVPN Member

@rds100 said:

True, I had thought of that. You could perhaps go 11 months with hardly any increase in invoice numbers then 12 months after a big offer was listed and you could see it jump 1000 quite easily.

• @rds100 said:
    There could be many yearly invoices though, depends what plans the host offers. So the invoice number delta is not the same as "number of clients".

My last invoice number was 800, now it's just common sense that even if they pay yearly there is no way that they have thousands of clients...

@viCommunications said:
    There's more to it than meets the eye.

so he has any backdoor business?

Thanked by 1rds100
  • @VPN said:

even at the time of registration, those 1000 members would have paid atleast 1 invoice right? now do the math, my last invoice generated on 25th had the number 800

• BoxodeBoxode Member

anant said: so he has any backdoor business?

I'm not in a position to release such information.

• All right, i know you are just trying to help us here with the problem. I would really appreciate it if you could let us know what really the problem is and when will it be solved, so that i can make some other temporary arrangements..

• kmewankmewan Member

viCommunications Sure service remain earliest ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

If the servers were in the hands of FBI that would not mean the IPs would be made available for other use, FBI would put honeypots if anything, though they are probably interested in data only, that is NOT the issue.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Where is this "FBI" or federal agency conspiracy coming from?

• @viCommunications said:
    Where is this "FBI" or federal agency conspiracy coming from?

The US?

edited May 2014

viCommunications said: Where is this "FBI" or federal agency conspiracy coming from?

Lack of communication? You cannot stop the people from speculating when you throw the "I know what happened but cannot talk about it" story while firmly dismissing the deadpool rumour.

EDIT: The irony of your nick is thick.

Thanked by 2rds100 Mark_R
  • i prefer it to be NSA , or Chinese government

• namhuynamhuy Member

im month by month w/ lowend.co right now, was thinking to do yearly but after this i guess i will pass

Only go yearly with the money you afford to throw away, even the best and largest providers might kick you if they think you are involved in something illegal, even if you are not, not to mention your customers (if you resell) can do that at any time.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Maounique said: firmly dismissing the deadpool rumour.

Why would someone deadpool a host that provided services to other hosts, some known well on LET & LEB and had their own growing client base?

Michael isn't running a "one man show" or a summer pool host here, he ran a legitimate operation, deployed a number of staff members & whilst seeming quite small on LET, he is actually a "key player" to certain hosts.

There is not a single reason in the world why LowEND would deadpool out of the blue when he was expanding at a nice rate, providing cost effective services both to clients & host providers, and had a number of "whale" clients (clients who had 200-300+ servers with him).

Patience is the key everyone, I'm sure Michael will fire off an email & post an announcement pertaining to the events of what happened in the last last 24-48 hours.

• @viCommunications @GoodHosting has been having issues now for a week.

• suggest me some good and cheap dedicated hosts please... would be better if they do custom deals..

viCommunications said: Why would someone deadpool a host that provided services to other hosts, some known well on LET & LEB and had their own growing client base?

A few indications:
    1. one of his "whale" customers had issues before this and that thing was not properly cleared up.
    2. Now a full DC not only that terminates the service, but also re-assigns IPs.
    3. While active here, he does not bother to give even a "working on it, no ETA" kind of thing. Also suddenly disappeared off skype.
    4. No whmcs, no email to customers, nothing.

Now, dont get me wrong, I am sure you are full of good intentions, and I am sure he didnt plan this, however, it happens, chances to rebound are slim to none.
    I do not have a crystal ball, but it fits so far. Still I could be wrong and I hope you are right.

Thanked by 2jvnadr AnthonySmith
  • VPNVPN Member
    edited May 2014

viCommunications said: he ran a legitimate operation, deployed a number of staff members & whilst seeming quite small on LET, he is actually a "key player" to certain hosts.

Emphasis on the past tense...

Update: Also just noticed on his Whois that he is no longer using his own DNS servers:

Thanked by 1Sherlock
  • kmewankmewan Member

Whats UP LowEnd?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2014

@viCommunications A couple of months ago, you called bluevm "horror provider" because of some outages you claimed they had. Now you represent (?) another provider that has been disappear for days, saying that he will resolve the issues! A provider that is probably dead pooled (disappeared site, ip's whcms etc.) and he is active to LET but didn't bother to drop even a little note saying something to his "thousand" clients... We all saw this practice again: a provider has problems. Another provider or/and member is representing him saying "hey, guys, I spoke to him, he told me blah blah) and when the worst scenario going true, the "representative" saying, "hey, I'm not he, I just told what he told me"... What to say?

TL;DR

Please, stop being spokesman. If lowend.co has to say something, tell him to come here and say it. Or, he dead pooled, or he is a scam. Period.

• kmewankmewan Member

I thinks its Scam. I think looking for new service..

• kmewankmewan Member

Michal come and tell us what about it?

• wychwych Member

Were the DNS servers hosted in singlehop IP space anyone?

This discussion has been closed.