Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TacticalVPS busted node in LA - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TacticalVPS busted node in LA

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@concerto49 said:
    We were in talks with TacticalVPS a while back about a possible takeover, but it never got completed

Was this in anticipation of Ian needing significant time off due to the current circumstances, or something else entirely?

• Nekki said: Was this in anticipation of Ian needing significant time off due to the current circumstances, or something else entirely?

It was. The discussion was raised at the start of the personal issues from Ian. However, it seemed his issues swamped him and we weren't able to complete it.

• Can't you restore the server in sign of good faith and temporary cash in for Ian? This way you get your server paid (if not even more).

• XTServers said: Can't you restore the server in sign of good faith and temporary cash in for Ian? This way you get your server paid (if not even more).

Are you sure you want to repeat that again?

I understand you're a provider, so I'll leave it at that for now. There are technical, legal and many other reasons.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@concerto49 said:
    It was. The discussion was raised at the start of the personal issues from Ian. However, it seemed his issues swamped him and we weren't able to complete it.

Cheers, I just wanted to clarify that before anyone assumed different.

• I know but it seems that a lot of ... providers ... around here help each other out around this forum. Or if you really want to avoid any legal issue, at least have the server up for 1-2 days so people can get data if the cost is not to big for you.

• wychwych Member

@XTServers said:
    I know but it seems that a lot of ... providers ... around here help each other out around this forum. Or if you really want to avoid any legal issue, at least have the server up for 1-2 days so people can get data if the cost is not to big for you.

Party A cannot do anything to Party B's servers without Party B agreeing to it.

I can see how you think it would be for customers to get data etc but it probably breaches many contracts that either party has with each other.

• @XTServers said:
    I know but it seems that a lot of ... providers ... around here help each other out around this forum. Or if you really want to avoid any legal issue, at least have the server up for 1-2 days so people can get data if the cost is not to big for you.

That doesn't solve the legal issues at all.

• That is a different legal issue from the one where he turns server on and cashes in from third party clients.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@XTServers said:
    That is a different legal issue from the one where he turns server on and cashes in from third party clients.

What if CloudShards turn on the server and it all goes bang, taking customer data with it? That's Ian's potential future business destroyed.

• ShivamShivam Member

@sleddog said:
    Well Said, and i totally agree with you , ''time'' is what he needs.

• Jade_GJade_G Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost said:
    Virtovo Don't even play that age card.

Compared to most LET hosts including Virtovo, we've massive which is why we can afford to hire multiple people with management duties. Your company's operating income is probably half or less the size of my individual paycheck.

Honestly, you're really quick to call other providers out. You need to realize some things before you say them. How can you say someones company operating income is probably half or less the size of your individual paycheck when mostly everything you sell besides your VPS's are considered "Reselling"(Dedicated Servers). I would like to know how that is even a viable way for a company to stay afloat by just reselling servers that you don't own. Why do you say you have multiple people with management duties when in reality they probably are all out-sourced. Please chill your role, as no body thinks you are the biggest around here.

Thanked by 2darkshire SkylarM
  • None of our staff are outsourced and we take great pride in that.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • Jade_GJade_G Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    None of our staff are outsourced and we take great pride in that.

Not from what I heard. You say you have multiple technicians when in reality its only a small person team. You can't fool no body and pull the wool over their eyes.

Thanked by 2darkshire SkylarM
  • Guys, enough with the pissing wars already. This is about TacticalVPS, not NodeServ or GreenValueHost.

Thanked by 3joshin lelewku netomx
  • A small people team = multiple people ??

Yes, we have a small team. I prefer to have a competent team of a few staff members than a larger team of less experienced staff members like we had before. Our primary staff including myself earn 5 figure salaries. We also have backup tech staff on call in case something happens with our primary techs. Our backup tech staff on call team are available 24x7 as well and are paid $30/hour.

Our workforce is quality over quantity.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • Jade_GJade_G Member
    edited June 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Guys, enough with the pissing wars already. This is about TacticalVPS, not NodeServ or GreenValueHost.

Maarten, I only speak my mind to people that try to act like their big and try to degrade other companies in the process of doing so. All Jon does is go around flaunting how his company is bigger and his salaries are "larger" than other smaller companies. Honestly I don't care for it, and I'm sure no one else does either.

• Jade_GJade_G Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    A small people team = multiple people ??

Yes, we have a small team. I prefer to have a competent team of a few staff members than a larger team of less experienced staff members like we had before. Our primary staff including myself earn 5 figure salaries. We also have backup tech staff on call in case something happens with our primary techs. Our backup tech staff on call team are available 24x7 as well and are paid $30/hour.

Our workforce is quality over quantity.

Then why do you say that GVH has all this staff, I recall you saying this weeks ago, maybe months ago how GVH has 10+ staff. All I'm saying is don't make yourself seem bigger than you really are, because that will get you no where in life, nor no where in the hosting industry for much longer.

I'm done talking about this now, hope Tactical figures stuff out and all is well.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

God rest her soul in peace. If lan need help then please open a thread and we will try to help him..

Every LET members are very helpful and they helped many peoples(eg: William).

Thanked by 2mpkossen AlexanderM
  • Maarten spoke to me about the "flaunting". I'm totally hands off if I don't have to repeat myself s a means of defense against everyday hate aggression

If you kept updated you would have known that I dismissed our outsourced team from their duties in late February.

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • Jade_GJade_G Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    Maarten spoke to me about the "flaunting". I'm totally hands off if I don't have to repeat myself s a means of defense against everyday hate aggression

If you kept updated you would have known that I dismissed our outsourced team from their duties in late February.

Maybe if you interacted with people in a professional and cool manner then maybe you wouldn't have to defend yourself against "hate" as you say.

• Guys, knock it off, or I'll put you both in the naughty corner.

Thanked by 3joshin netomx Epidrive
  • joshinjoshin Member

Hey guys, how about keeping this post to how @Ian_ (aka Edward Ian Zinn) logs in here daily but still hasn't apologized to his customers as a group or via PM.

GVH in comparison is offering far better service than TacticalVPS. :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wychwych Member

Sorry for your loss Ian.

• Still, it doesn't take long to send out mass emails or post a message somewhere so people know what's up. I'd say this one will probably stay down once it all goes down.

• @joshin said:
    Hey guys, how about keeping this post to how Ian_ (aka Edward Ian Zinn) logs in here daily but still hasn't apologized to his customers as a group or via PM.

How about keeping this post to how tvps' nodes are all offline and the reason why. That's what this thread was created for, but you would know this being the OP.

Focusing on the fact that Ian logs in every day and how he has the audacity to not give you a personal apology makes you look like a fucking 5 year old with butthurt. I had a VPS with him too, and I paid yearly, but you don't see me whining about apologies because I understand what he's going through and have some compassion for a fellow human being going through a rough time in his life.

It's time to get over it and time to move on.

• It might not even be Ian that logs in all day. He could have set it as a tab that opens and it would automatically log in. It doesn't mean he's actually on it and reading. Just for some defense on the other side.

• @concerto49 said:
    It might not even be Ian that logs in all day. He could have set it as a tab that opens and it would automatically log in. It doesn't mean he's actually on it and reading. Just for some defense on the other side.

I was going to mention this in my post just now, but I forgot. He might have some rss reader or something that logs in for him to fetch posts...

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

joereid said: He might have some rss reader or something that logs in for him to fetch posts...

That's what I was thinking as well. It'd be pretty ridiculous to login and read LET every day but not even take 10 seconds to comment on issues...I think given the circumstances, he deserves the benefit of the doubt (about LET activity).

• @joshin said:

DUDE, that was BELOW THE BELT bro.

Thanked by 2joshin raindog308