Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TacticalVPS busted node in LA - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TacticalVPS busted node in LA

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@asterisk14 said:

Roger that :)

• Guys,

This is obvious i even have no contact with him (ian) .. I am no longer be able to look out things .... Sorry.

I am very much like "In the sea without sails .... and also no wind" :( .

I don't know what to do and what to say to all peoples. :( Forgive me.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@obakfahad Let me know also if you need any assistance :-)

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

I am still awaiting a reply from AquaNX; although it may seem a good idea for people to make a back up of anything they have hosted with Tactical VPS. The only bizarre thing is it seems Ian has visited this site a few times since this was posted and not replied. @Ian_

• add_iTadd_iT Member

Now OpenVZ Dallas in Blackcats Node seems down too :(

• Seems like the boat keeps sinking, would definitely recommend making backups and moving stuff if you can.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2014

@Virtovo said:
    The only bizarre thing is it seems Ian has visited this site a few times since this was posted and not replied. Ian_

Honour, courage and commitment? Maybe he be PTSD'd.

• joshinjoshin Member

If anyone wants to contact Ian, it looks like the info in Whois is correct.

• joshinjoshin Member

@virtovo: Not a few times. He's visiting a few times a day.

@asterisk14 Or maybe he BS'd

@nekki & @iniz Is it okay for me to be a skeptic now?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

joshin said: @nekki & @iniz Is it okay for me to be a skeptic now?

Unless there is evidence the contrary, I would always rather assume that anyone referencing the death of a loved one is being genuine.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • VirtovoVirtovo Member

If anybody needs some free temporary space to backup to, please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

• joshinjoshin Member
    edited May 2014

@nekki I would much prefer that too. And since people want to believe it (even heartless me), those who wish to take advantage of people's kindness too often use that as a false excuse.

From my pre-cable youth, I remember Epstein in Welcome Back Kotter having a grandmother die every few episodes (Edit added the following) to get out of homework.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

joshin said: From my pre-cable youth, I remember Epstein in Welcome Back Kotter having a grandmother die every few episodes (Edit added the following) to get out of homework.

Sorry, no idea what you're referring to; some kind of US TV show?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Sorry, no idea what you're referring to; some kind of US TV show?

Yes. 1975-79.

• joshinjoshin Member

Yup. Welcome Back Kotter - from 1975-1978. A character had a different ridiculous excuse every week.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Ah, wasn't even born then I'm afraid, let alone living in the right country.

Thanked by 1VPN
  • their website is down now

• joereidjoereid Member

My KVM on node "army" in Florida is still up. The control panel is too (for now).

I feel really bad for Ian, he's a great guy and was running a great company. Losing a loved one is always hard, a spouse or child even more so. It sucks for us, but I completely understand how things like this board and his nodes don't really mean much to him at this time. They will eventually (hopefully sooner than later)...

On that note, anyone doing any cheap yearly KVMs?
    128M memory, 5-10G disk, 100-200G BW, IPV6, $7-$10/yr

• Kansas Node is gone now.

• @Nekki said:
    To be honest Jon, without your marketing approach I imagine GVH would have >disappeared long ago.

there is always hope for tomorrow :)

• add_iTadd_iT Member

Can someone staff take backup my files at least?

• linuxglobelinuxglobe Member
    edited June 2014

Are here providers with vps offers, with free Directadmin licence?

Providers like Datashack, and WholesaleInternet are offers with DA licence with a cheap 5 USD setup fee, but only for Dedicated servers.

• any hope for tacticalvps?

• @lelewku -We can forget it

Thanked by 1lelewku
  • namhuynamhuy Member

Its funny he login here almost daily but not saying a word

• joshinjoshin Member

Yesterday (31 May) was the first day he didn't log in here. His contact info in the domain reg database does look to be correct.

I'm guessing he expanded too quickly, got himself overextended, and wasn't prepared for a few bad bumps. The thing is, if you're honest with clients when you're having troubles, some will be willing to fork over a few extra $ to help keep their service up.

Also, many of us here would probably be willing to help out with tech support and server work. Especially, if he did lose his wife.

@ian_ if you read this, please say/do something. Because if you do abandon your clients, future potential employers will find it in a Google search on your name, and wonder if you'll walk out on them too. The Internet is forever.

Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • I trust Ian because he's a former marine and he was very nice and helpful. But now I regret that I didn't cancel my recurring payment so Paypal has sent auto payment some minutes ago. You should check wether you set an recurring payment or not. I'm moving to Crowncloud because they have webnx node as Tactical.

• @wcypierre said:
    is the tax VAT?

Pretty sure it's new york state sales tax.

@Sunn does this have ipv6? Itll be used for a nameserver...