Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TacticalVPS busted node in LA - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TacticalVPS busted node in LA

Comments

• SunnSunn Member

@wcypierre - Yes sort of, it is the american system of VAT.

• @Sunn said:
    wcypierre - Yes sort of, it is the american system of VAT.

Is it applicable to everyone?

• Sunn said: @wcypierre - Yes sort of, it is the american system of VAT.

What? I've never heard of a US national tax, I thought everything was by state. You really should clarify what this tax is and who needs to pay it. I live in Canada, and I've never been charged a tax by US merchants.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Jack said:
    Only people that pay using money, it's probably added as a payment processor fee so that you can pay the fee for him.

most probably so, as I've never heard of pay for any sorts of tax for any US based VPS

• @wcypierre said:
    Is it applicable to everyone?

In the US if you live in the same state as the business, you have to pay sales tax. I've seen other providers who have it in the cart but once you sign up for an account and enter your address the tax will be removed if it doesn't apply.

• @joereid said:
    In the US if you live in the same state as the business, you have to pay sales tax. I've seen other providers who have it in the cart but once you sign up for an account and enter your address the tax will be removed if it doesn't apply.

so its only for the ones who are in the same state as where the business is from?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @wcypierre said:
    so its only for the ones who are in the same state as where the business is from?

yes. At least that's how it used to work. Not sure if anything changed.

• wcypierre said: so its only for the ones who are in the same state as where the business is from?

Yes, if it is state sales tax. You can look for an 8.75% rate here -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States

• @joereid said:

Thanks for the clarification. Not from the US and I don't see providers at here charging for it so I assumed that there's none for it initially.

• @wcypierre said:

No problem. One of the first providers I signed up with was ChicagoVPS and it always annoyed me that I had to pay tax because their business is registered in Buffalo, NY.

• joshinjoshin Member
    edited June 2014

Well, it looks like Edward Ian Zinn abandoned his TacticalVPS clients.

To avoid doing any real work, I searched his full name to see if I could find any obituary or death notices to prove or disprove his story. No luck either way. I did find this in his town newspaper's crime log...

Monday, December 28, 2009 - Edward Ian Zinn, 30, public intoxication.

http://lufkindailynews.com/news/record/police_report/article_cb7f0a03-30c5-5dfc-b0f8-fce5c0225488.html

Oops.

Edited to add: And with this comment, I'm done thinking about TacticalVPS unless @Ian_ pokes his head in to explain or apologize.

• rds100rds100 Member

What, people get arrested there for getting drunk?

• @rds100 said:
    What, people get arrested there for getting drunk?

American dream.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited June 2014

joshin said: joshin

It has nothing to do if he is a drinker, alcoholic, drug addicted or opera fun with his business. His business went crap, yes, but what does he do in his personal live is not our business.

As of his business... I thing tacticalvps tactic is "hit and run away", unless if he does a public statement to his clients.

• even if he run away how much profit could he gain from this? just for a $1000 over 7 months?

• Node "army" in Florida is now offline. The control panel is still working though...

• ShivamShivam Member

Yeah, this is true i spoke to ian on skype and fahad has no clue whats up due to him not having control over the nodes it does seem like they are down except 1 , i just renewed all my services aswell :(

• @Shivam If you spole to Ian, what did he say? Gone for fishing or coming back?

• ShivamShivam Member
    edited June 2014

Hey man this was about 2 weeks ago he told me thats his wife is in hospital / critical. Haven't heard of him since.

-Either his really depressed / isn't coming back
    -He needs a few months to recover or something

-> However, with my experiences with him i'm pretty sure once / if he comes back he will give his clients money back / sort out free months of vps's

Me him were decent mates , i feel sorry for him and i think he deserves time alone.

• Sadly no reply at all from WebNX and it appears this problem is extended to services on other locations. I'd advise people back up and plan for their server closing.

• ShivamShivam Member

Where did ian get his dedicated servers from ? WebNX ?

• ShivamShivam Member

WebNX's website is all messed up or is it just me?

• Shivam said: i feel sorry for him and i think he deserves time alone

Couldn't agree more.

Ian has suffered devastating personal loss; not everyone here can fully appreciate what that's like. There's only one thing that'll help remedy it -- time.

So think of this as your chance to try out a new provider. Spin up a new box, and restore your backups.

I think Ian is a honest man and, given time, will refund your $7. But for the time being show some compassion and let it be.

Best wishes @Ian_

Thanked by 1asterisk14
  • @sleddog said:

Well said. If he comes back I'll renew service with him.

• ironhideironhide Member
    edited June 2014

sleddog said: sleddog

Being compassionate as a friend and well wisher is fine. But when you're dealing with lots of people's data and money - it just doesn't make any sense to call a "quit" for something personal. If someone can not manage time to fix it up, he can still take help from friends and all I see that there are lot's of well wishers of Ian who are willing to help. So calling it a "personal" issue is not acceptable anymore, because it's a business, not something like a family vacation where it doesn't matter if the trip is cancelled.

It's simply being irresponsible and careless.

• ironhide said: But when you're dealing with lot's of people's data and money - it just doesn't make any sense to call a "quit" for something personal.

Yes, the point has been made repeatedly -- that this should be treated as a business and something should be done to rectify it.

The problem is, it doesn't take into account human emotion. When something devastating happens in our personal life, the world tips and our perspective drmatically changes. Time usually restores the balance.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • add_iTadd_iT Member

Who is their Dallas Provider? Query Foundry?

Is it possible i can take my data back?

I need this

• Considering how long its been, you would think a simple message or statement would be sent out.

• add_iT said: Who is their Dallas Provider? Query Foundry?

Is it possible i can take my data back?

It is us. As to the servers they're currently suspended. As it's a VPS, I'm really not sure how we could work this out.

We were in talks with TacticalVPS a while back about a possible takeover, but it never got completed.

• @concerto49 said:

Shame the takeover didn't happen.