Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TacticalVPS busted node in LA - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TacticalVPS busted node in LA

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2014

Now just imagine if that would happen to serverian or Patrick.... we are all fucked.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2014

or Nick ...

We'd just be left with crap like CVPS, GVH, HVH, 123systems, VPSslim :-(

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • blackblack Member

@asterisk14 said:
    or Nick ...

I think Nick has other people with him now.

edited May 2014

@black said:
    I think Nick has other people with him now.

Yes, someone called Tyler, if he exists, maybe it's Tyler Duerden!

First rule of lowendbox : Do NOT talk about ONE MAN SHOWS

Second rule: Do NOT talk about ONE MAN SHOWS

Third rule: If a one man show goes down, Do NOT talk about ONE MAN SHOWS

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • c0yc0y Member

@Jack said:
    Do you know how silent trams are... Never mind Buses.

Those new electric buses on hydrogen are the real silent killers!

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Fourth rule: Why do I have to read all of those rules that you just stated?

It's stupid. [Every time I read your comments, it always have something to do with one man show business]

• @asterisk14 said:
    or Nick ...

For everything else, there's BuyVM.

• @obakfahad said:
    Guys, Ians wife died. He is not around. I was around but now i have no control over many things. So i can't help or do anything. Sorry.

Oh, man, I'm so sorry.

asterisk14 said: For the customers ...this is one of the risks of having one man run the show...

It's not a one-man show. As usual, your theory is flawed. It's not about the number of people that run an operations; it's about the contingency plan.

I understand it must feel nice to conveniently jump in to threads where there's a "one-man show" having trouble to say you're right, but it doesn't make you (or it) right.

• @mpkossen said:
    mpkossen said: It's not a one-man show.

It IS. The guy 'working' for Ian has said above that he can't to anything!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@asterisk14 said:
    It IS. The guy 'working' for Ian has said above that he can't to anything!

Given the circumstances, this is not the time or place for you to be making these points, wouldn't you say?

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • tragictragic Member

@asterisk14 said:

Have some respect, at least.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil mpkossen
    edited May 2014

Yes, all of the people should stop moaning that their server is offline and this thread locked for the time being. Like I said previously:-

asterisk14 said: Quite sad what has happened and the circumstances he is in. Something like this would knock anyone out for a while so I can understand he has other priorites at the moment.

• joshinjoshin Member
    edited May 2014

@nekki: This is actually the place to make these points. Whether or not this is the time is a fair debate.

@tragic: It isn't disrespectful to point out facts. If there are massive gaps in what staff can do, then the company is effectively a one-man show. What do you think was disrespectful about what @asterisk14 said?

My minions can't do everything I can. So for those gaps, my company (for now) is a one-man show. That will continue to change as I document more and allow greater access as the minions earn my trust. This is the same for pretty much every business starting out.

So yes, Tactical VPS -is- a one-man show. One where the owner has valid reasons for not being available to fix issues.

Edited to add: asterisk14 posted right above when I was writing this. Again, I don't see disrespect in his comments.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

joshin said: This is actually the place to make these points.

I personally disagree, but lets leave it at that for now.

Thanked by 20xdragon mpkossen
  • PatrickPatrick Member

asterisk14 said: Yes, all of the people should stop moaning that their server is offline and this thread locked for the time being. Like I said previously:-

No one is moaning after the sad news was posted, the only person trying to make drama is yourself.

For example the OP:

@joshin said:
    Damn. I was hoping casper253 was BSing us. My condolences to lan_!

Yeah, um... No rush on fixing the machine.

Maybe you will understand one day when you loose a close one.

• First of all, my condolences to @lan_ for his loss, hope you recover and make it back.

Now @obakfahad would it be possible to open a twitter account in the meantime, so you can update us on how stuff is going, or the customers with issues could contact you (unfortunately billing is down too for the moment), I know you're somehow limited in the things you can fix or move, but every little of information helps to every customer.

Guys don't take this comment on a bad side, I'm just speaking as a current customer (yes I'm being affected by this node, but I have move things to another VPS)

The best to tactical and hope to hear good news from them.

Thanked by 1joshin
  • VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited May 2014

Sorry to hear this. If there is anything we can do for TacticalVPS please let us know: [email protected] Happy to pick up tickets, server management, anything. @obakfahad if there are issues with server payments, please PM me.

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited May 2014

@Virtovo you're a good person. thanks for generous comment.

• Thanks to Virtovo for offer! I'm another Tacticalvps customer.

• ATHKATHK Member

Ian is on Skype not sure if he's active though.

Poor guys getting the worst luck I think he said an email a few months back saying his brother? Also passed away, I can't recall so don't quote me on this..

• Sorry for your loss, please keep us updated. Might have to to ditch this provider =(

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@asterisk14 - Assuming you're referring to me, we have 4 dedicated support techs, plus me, and we're planning to hire someone else shortly in a different capacity. Also, Tyler hasn't worked at RamNode since last year. Just wanted to clear that up.

Thanked by 1asterisk14
    edited May 2014

@Nick_A said:
    asterisk14 - Assuming you're referring to me, we have 4 dedicated support techs, plus me, and we're planning to hire someone else shortly in a different capacity. Also, Tyler hasn't worked at RamNode since last year. Just wanted to clear that up.

Thanks for your response. I wanted to ask that if you for some reason were incapacitated (unconcious) for ~1-2 months, would these 4 support techs be able to keep RamNode up (billing, nodes, admin, support, financial)?

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited May 2014

@asterisk14 said:
    I wanted to ask that if you for some reason were incapacitated (unconcious) for ~1-2 months

When's this guy gonna get a "take-a-break-from-LET" ticket again?

• @David_P said:
    When's this guy gonna get a "take-a-break-from-LET" ticket again?

OK, I'll stop asking 'difficult' questions.

• But it still a possibility right?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

First of all, my condolences to @Ian_ . Just to mention, he seem to be active on LET (last time he logged in was on Wednesday), so, maybe he could throw a post with a couple of sentences to his clients (or, email them or thru his site or with any way he can). Just to inform them if his company will be back or all the data from their server are gone for good. The personal tragedy is something we all can understand, but, on the other hand, this is a business, not personal relationships and has been a week now. So, if he don't make a statement, we all should think his business as deadpooled and treat it (the business, not Ian_) as that.

• tdc_admtdc_adm Member

jvnadr said: The personal tragedy is something we all can understand, but, on the other hand, this is a business, not personal relationships and has been a week now.

Yes, I agree with you.

Thanked by 1tux
  • joshinjoshin Member

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that @Ian_ is visiting LET every day.

It's been over a week since TacticalVPS's Recon node went down and still not a word here or on any support tickets.

If he's coming here a few times a day, how can he not say something to the effect of "Thanks for your patience & support. I'll get the server up soon." People are far more tolerant of downtime and problems when they don't feel hung out to dry.

• @Jack said:
    asterisk14 they aren't 'difficult', I'd actually call them quite stupid questions.

lol; i actually spit a bit of dr. pepper out on my desk by accident